Groups
    EXPIRED

Christmasshopper's All New 2007 Christmas Shopping Thread

:santa: :santa:

Those of you who were here previous year may remember the Christmas Shopping Threads. The way it works is this:
    Post on this thread a list of who you need to buy presents for. Also give the age of the person, whether you will be giving or posting the present, how much money you would like to spend and any other information you think may be relevant. Then just leave it with me and I will look for your presents and come back with my suggestions. I will also look for money off vouchers and cashback links to save you money.

:santa: :santa:

222 Comments

hi i want for 12yr old son already got him a wii so just want some cheap bits!thanks

9 year old girl, who is definetly not girlie - hates pink, refuses to wear dresses/skirts etc. Enjoys role-playing games with her brother, playing schools, spys, that sort of thing with her brother. Likes doing arty things, and is a massive lover of dogs (NO more cuddle toys please!). Has DS and nintendogs, also has a Wii.

Santa wants to spend ~£50 on a main present, and some more on smaller gifts.

Ideas appreciated:santa:

Original Poster

edjaned

hi i want for 12yr old son already got him a wii so just want some cheap … hi i want for 12yr old son already got him a wii so just want some cheap bits!thanks

How cheap are you thinking? Are you thinking of extra parcels to unwrap on the day for not much money?
    Asda have big tins of Quality Street for £5
    Tesco have Lynx shower gels at half price for £1

Original Poster

erics

9 year old girl, who is definetly not girlie - hates pink, refuses to … 9 year old girl, who is definetly not girlie - hates pink, refuses to wear dresses/skirts etc. Enjoys role-playing games with her brother, playing schools, spys, that sort of thing with her brother. Likes doing arty things, and is a massive lover of dogs (NO more cuddle toys please!). Has DS and nintendogs, also has a Wii.Santa wants to spend ~£50 on a main present, and some more on smaller gifts. Ideas appreciated:santa:

Take a look at this:
    ]ebuyer.com/pro…085
    I bought my 9 year old daughter one for her birthday and she has loved it. She has made a scrap book by printing her photos and cutting them out. She has videoed her dad snoozing on the sofa when he told me he was busy. She takes close-up photos and we have to guess what they are. It plays music and games which are fabulous for keeping her occupied on long car journeys. I would definitely recommend one.

erics

9 year old girl, who is definetly not girlie - hates pink, refuses to … 9 year old girl, who is definetly not girlie - hates pink, refuses to wear dresses/skirts etc. Enjoys role-playing games with her brother, playing schools, spys, that sort of thing with her brother. Likes doing arty things, and is a massive lover of dogs (NO more cuddle toys please!). Has DS and nintendogs, also has a Wii.Santa wants to spend ~£50 on a main present, and some more on smaller gifts. Ideas appreciated:santa:

Sorry to butt in on your thread christmasshopper........

erics.......what about this ]click here £39.99

It looks like something your daughter may enjoy along with her brother,maybe a joint prezzie.It gets great reviews and is recommended for 8years and over.

yes will get him some of the lynx thanks would like to get him a couple of cheap £10-£15 gadgets toys?

Original Poster

edjaned

yes will get him some of the lynx thanks would like to get him a couple … yes will get him some of the lynx thanks would like to get him a couple of cheap £10-£15 gadgets toys?

I'll see what I can find for you.

Original Poster

edjaned

yes will get him some of the lynx thanks would like to get him a couple … yes will get him some of the lynx thanks would like to get him a couple of cheap £10-£15 gadgets toys?

Do you think he would like this:
    ]http//ww…htm
    :santa:

its a good offer but i dont think he would bother with it do u know of any good deals on flying things?

Any idea for a gift between £200 - £300 for 28 year old hubby Christmasshopper?

(No games consoles, ipods, tvs...)

Thanks xx

I need something for my hubby too, He's not really interested in anything at all except Real Ale

Would be most pleased if you could help Christmasshopper

christmasshopper, I Love you, you do this every year now and add a little bit of niceness to the hastle of christmas shopping, your ideas always inspire me and give me further ideas for my shopping, so a big thanks from me xx

:friends::friends::friends:

harib0uk

I need something for my hubby too, He's not really interested in anything … I need something for my hubby too, He's not really interested in anything at all except Real AleWould be most pleased if you could help Christmasshopper

hi sorry to but in but they do beer pumps now like a smaller version of what they have in the pub,my fella said he wanted one of them and he rarely drinks!

Banned

i have a 12 year old girl who has most things she is very girly and loves pink im looking for a pressie about £100 - £150 and ideas for smaller things around £5 - £15

I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him an Xbox 360 Elite for birthday and a new tv for xmas. Have no idea what else to buy for him, obviously not too much money but useful pressies. He's an avid skateboarder and loves trainers lol

I also have a 6 year old daughter who will be 7 on 16th Dec. So far I have bought her a pink Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendogs game. She likes anything Bratz and is also very girlie! Need lots of stocking fillers for her.

Am I asking too much LOL

Tanya Twinkle

I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him … I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him an Xbox 360 Elite for birthday and a new tv for xmas. Have no idea what else to buy for him, obviously not too much money but useful pressies. He's an avid skateboarder and loves trainers lolI also have a 6 year old daughter who will be 7 on 16th Dec. So far I have bought her a pink Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendogs game. She likes anything Bratz and is also very girlie! Need lots of stocking fillers for her.Am I asking too much LOL

December's not a cheap month for you then!!!!

Original Poster

wifey

i have a 12 year old girl who has most things she is very girly and loves … i have a 12 year old girl who has most things she is very girly and loves pink im looking for a pressie about £100 - £150 and ideas for smaller things around £5 - £15

Does she already have a pink Nintendo DS?

Or the playstation2 pink at about £129 for the bundle and comes with bratz and disney princess (at least i think it was them two - only having aboy I can't 100% remember!) :oops:

Tanya Twinkle

I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him … I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him an Xbox 360 Elite for birthday and a new tv for xmas. Have no idea what else to buy for him, obviously not too much money but useful pressies. He's an avid skateboarder and loves trainers lolI also have a 6 year old daughter who will be 7 on 16th Dec. So far I have bought her a pink Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendogs game. She likes anything Bratz and is also very girlie! Need lots of stocking fillers for her.Am I asking too much LOL

(Sorry to jump in your thread again christmasshopper - I got one of these for my god-daughter and she will love it!)
    Tesco's have some great girly stocking fillers at the mo - "shoperation" basically a smaller version of operation where you have to remove clothing items from the shopper without setting off the buzzers - a bargain at £5.97

Original Poster

Tanya Twinkle

I also have a 6 year old daughter who will be 7 on 16th Dec. So far I … I also have a 6 year old daughter who will be 7 on 16th Dec. So far I have bought her a pink Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendogs game. She likes anything Bratz and is also very girlie! Need lots of stocking fillers for her.

There's a nice little Bratz bargain here:
    ]woolworths.co.uk/web…948

sing star for ps2 are great fun,my daughter(and i)love it!

Original Poster

edjaned

its a good offer but i dont think he would bother with it do u know of … its a good offer but i dont think he would bother with it do u know of any good deals on flying things?

]woolworths.co.uk/web…262
    This is dearer than you first suggested, but it looks fun.

Original Poster

Tanya Twinkle

I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him … I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec. So far I've got him an Xbox 360 Elite for birthday and a new tv for xmas. Have no idea what else to buy for him, obviously not too much money but useful pressies. He's an avid skateboarder and loves trainers lol

Does he have a DVD player to go with his TV?

Christmasshopper

]www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50710262This is … ]www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50710262This is dearer than you first suggested, but it looks fun.

You can get that @ ]play.com for £17.99 delievered... and in different colours too

thanks may have to visit store and purchase that its out stock online,thanks 4 that christmas shopper

edjaned

thanks may have to visit store and purchase that its out stock … thanks may have to visit store and purchase that its out stock online,thanks 4 that christmas shopper

Play have them for £17.99, link in my post above ^^

Original Poster

sadiebabes

You can get that @ ]play.com for £17.99 delievered... and in different … You can get that @ ]play.com for £17.99 delievered... and in different colours too

Well spotted sadiebabes...and 4% cash back if you use the Quidco link too. :thumbsup:

Admin

Tanya Twinkle

There are a couple of Bratz things cheap on ]here and the 25% off voucher is still valid

Original Poster

:friends: It's been a good day for us sadiebabes. You have reached 2000 posts and I have finally reached 1000 posts.

sadiebabes

Any idea for a gift between £200 - £300 for 28 year old hubby C … Any idea for a gift between £200 - £300 for 28 year old hubby Christmasshopper? :)(No games consoles, ipods, tvs...) Thanks xx

Just curious, why do you say no consoles, games etc? Is it because he already has everything he wants in that department, or is it because you're a meanie who doesn't like him having stuff like that? :P

blizeH

Just curious, why do you say no consoles, games etc? Is it because he … Just curious, why do you say no consoles, games etc? Is it because he already has everything he wants in that department, or is it because you're a meanie who doesn't like him having stuff like that? :P

Lol because he already has everything :lol: His x rocker gamer chair was delivered today :-D He has no idea what I've got :giggle:

Christmasshopper

:friends: It's been a good day for us sadiebabes. You have reached 2000 … :friends: It's been a good day for us sadiebabes. You have reached 2000 posts and I have finally reached 1000 posts.

Lol it has! :-D ]>

:friends: xx

sadiebabes

December's not a cheap month for you then!!!!

lol no but it's cheap all year round :giggle:

Christmasshopper

Does he have a DVD player to go with his TV?

yes he does, he's all kitted out in that department :-D

has mobile phone, ipod, psp, ps2, tv, dvd player, surround sound system, desktop pc, maybe I spoil him :oops: obviously not all bought in the same year ;-)

Tanya Twinkle
    I have a 13 year old son who will be 14 on 23rd Dec.

I have a 14 year old who will be 15 on 23rd December :-D

I'm going to get an xbox for him tomorrow, but I'd love stocking fillery type things. He's an emo who enjoys nothing other than the computer and pretending to be miserable :?

tessb

I have a 14 year old who will be 15 on 23rd December :-D I'm going to get … I have a 14 year old who will be 15 on 23rd December :-D I'm going to get an xbox for him tomorrow, but I'd love stocking fillery type things. He's an emo who enjoys nothing other than the computer and pretending to be miserable :?

:-D sounds just like my son

I think the best thing to give them is money, vouchers, clothes and DVD's, CD's and games console games. I can't think of anything else

What a good idea for a thread. Any help with shopping for my kids would be great please :thumbsup:

I've got a 2 year old boy but he's autistic and what he plays with is very limited. He's obsessed with cars but he's got loads of toy ones and a garage that he drives them in. Did think of a remote control car but he's not going to be able to grasp the concept of using the buttons to make it move yet, so bit stuck for ideas as don't want to get just even more cars. Looking to spend around £150. Oh, also needs to be sturdy as he's very strong and sometimes quite violent with his toys :-(

Little girl will be 4 in Dec, wants almost everything that comes up on the adverts, so not at a loss as what to choose from, but I want something that's value for money, not a plastic flimsy toy thats about £45 and doesn't really do much, which seems to apply to most kids toys these days. About £150 again please

Fingers crossed your brain's not hurting as much as mine trying to sort these 2 out :-D

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola

What a good idea for a thread. Any help with shopping for my kids would … What a good idea for a thread. Any help with shopping for my kids would be great please :thumbsup: I've got a 2 year old boy but he's autistic and what he plays with is very limited. He's obsessed with cars but he's got loads of toy ones and a garage that he drives them in. Did think of a remote control car but he's not going to be able to grasp the concept of using the buttons to make it move yet, so bit stuck for ideas as don't want to get just even more cars. Looking to spend around £150. Oh, also needs to be sturdy as he's very strong and sometimes quite violent with his toys :-( Little girl will be 4 in Dec, wants almost everything that comes up on the adverts, so not at a loss as what to choose from, but I want something that's value for money, not a plastic flimsy toy thats about £45 and doesn't really do much, which seems to apply to most kids toys these days. About £150 again pleaseFingers crossed your brain's not hurting as much as mine trying to sort these 2 out :-D

Have you considered Duplo for your son? It is big Lego and as he gets older and you start to consider Lego the two join together. It is very robust and completely boy-proof. They make plenty of vehicles as well as trains, bricks, animals, people etc.
    It is an excellent toy for improving motor skills and coordination.
    There is a very large selection to choose from at ]amazon.co.uk :santa:

edjaned

hi sorry to but in but they do beer pumps now like a smaller version of … hi sorry to but in but they do beer pumps now like a smaller version of what they have in the pub,my fella said he wanted one of them and he rarely drinks!

Have you any links? Sounds like it could be a good idea as he like to brew his own ale (but has done pretty much everyone out there so kits are no good for pressies)

Original Poster

sadiebabes

Any idea for a gift between £200 - £300 for 28 year old hubby C … Any idea for a gift between £200 - £300 for 28 year old hubby Christmasshopper? :)(No games consoles, ipods, tvs...) Thanks xx

sadiebabes - I can't claim any credit for this suggestion, but it looks good. :santa:
    ]paidtoshop.co.uk/for…108
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men33
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510
      3. Xbox one region locked codes?22
      4. Phone "Upgrade"36

See more discussions