Chrome developer tools to edit Wordpress

Posted 16th Sep
Hi

Does anyone know anyway I can edit a Wordpress site live using google chrome developer tools? It lets you modify the site but you can’t save the changes. If you can’t do it with google dev tools, can you recommend any other programs to do this with?

Thanks Dan
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
U need login in wordpress admin area, edit u changes under theme section. Here u can save it changes...

Without going in to much detail, the other option is edit theme file via downloading then using FTP(FileZilla) and edit the using visual studio code or notepad ++
Also some themes have drag and drop editor to make easier to change content... Even wordpress customiser is handy
Edited by: "DealDog" 16th Sep
You need to download the files and edit with FTP, then upload it back to the site. Make sure you do backups before you upload it!
Theme edition also works but depends on what you are trying to change on the site - theme editors are very limited.
choccie3217/09/2019 20:17

You need to download the files and edit with FTP, then upload it back to …You need to download the files and edit with FTP, then upload it back to the site. Make sure you do backups before you upload it! Theme edition also works but depends on what you are trying to change on the site - theme editors are very limited.

Edit with FTP?? You mean edit them with whatever then use FTP to transfer them?
borat123417/09/2019 21:39

Edit with FTP?? You mean edit them with whatever then use FTP to transfer …Edit with FTP?? You mean edit them with whatever then use FTP to transfer them?

Yes I’m tired. Anyone who uses this knows what I meant, feel better now?
I apologise for trying to help.
Edited by: "choccie32" 17th Sep
Sorry i wasn’t having a pop, just genuinely asking for clarity. Thanks for your help, that’s what I posted this forum for
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants