Chrome taps- how to keep away the limescale?

Found 3rd Feb
Best product to keep them looking shiny and new and avoid the yellow limescale deposits that build up around it? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Viakal spray
Should help prevent it you can buy one of those electric magnetic water softener. I am getting one for my kitchen once it's refurbed.
Edited by: "kester76" 3rd Feb
The only inline scale reducers worth buying would be something like the Aquabion. You would still get scale but it wouldn’t stick and be hard to remove. If you want rid of scale altogether, the only real way would be a water softener.
davewave10 h, 23 m ago

Viakal spray

I just buy the 750ml 99p limescale remover from tesco and put it in an old spray bottle. It's the same stuff only a fifth of the price

Lasts years as I only use it when I see limescale. Generally just clean the taps weekly using generic bathroom cleaner spray as its not good idea to use heavy duty cleaners too often.

For my shower, the last person to use it each morning just gives it a light clean with a microfiber cloth.
Edited by: "chocci" 4th Feb
chocci1 h, 26 m ago

I just buy the 750ml 99p limescale remover from tesco and put it in an …I just buy the 750ml 99p limescale remover from tesco and put it in an old spray bottle. It's the same stuff only a fifth of the price Lasts years as I only use it when I see limescale. Generally just clean the taps weekly using generic bathroom cleaner spray as its not good idea to use heavy duty cleaners too often.For my shower, the last person to use it each morning just gives it a light clean with a microfiber cloth.

The cleaner decides I'm afraid.
Move north of the border
Viakal is excellent for removing lime scale.
Another vote for viakal. Great stuff to remove limescale and leave a shine
I've recently fitted magnets to the incoming water supply to my flat - so far haven't seen a build up of calcium, although I'm still waiting for my new sink tap (kitchen tap an shower are ok).

Managed to find an idiot supplier on E-bay that first sent me the wrong item, then said they didn't receive the return, and still haven't sent the right item...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants