Chromebook

Posted 14th Nov
hi I'm looking for a tidy Chromebook for my daughter for Christmas she wants to play Roblox and other things on it can anyone recommend one please I'm looking to pay around £250
thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
If she's wanting to play roblox, I think it will be the Android version. If it's not the version she wants, then yes, a Windows machine would be better.
I can confirm that you can run Roblox on a Chromebook that supports Google Play Store downloads (after doing it myself)

How it will run depends on the Chromebook. I have the Acer Chromebook R11 and it runs smoothly. Your daughter will be able to use the keyboard to type in messages even though it's the Android version, so no need for her to tap the screen every time she wants to send a message. You may want to confirm with them that they don't plan on creating games on Roblox as this definitely isn't possible on the Android version, therefore not possible on a Chromebook

You can view my deal here that I posted a while ago for my review and photos of the Chromebook. It's currently a reasonable £150 for grade B from CeX (view here) I've found grade B devices to be like new on many occasions from CeX. You also have the advantage of a 2 year warranty if you buy from them, excluding accidental damage of course
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 14th Nov
Cisco06060614/11/2019 09:34

Get windows laptop insteadRead …Get windows laptop insteadRead this.https://www.lifewire.com/play-roblox-on-chromebook-4161040https://platypusplatypus.com/chromebooks/run-roblox-chromebook/

That's interesting read thanks but isn't it available on the play store on a Chromebook
alg14/11/2019 09:47

If she's wanting to play roblox, I think it will be the Android version. …If she's wanting to play roblox, I think it will be the Android version. If it's not the version she wants, then yes, a Windows machine would be better.

Hi yes she wants the android version
andrewworrall114/11/2019 10:09

I can confirm that you can run Roblox on a Chromebook that supports Google …I can confirm that you can run Roblox on a Chromebook that supports Google Play Store downloads (after doing it myself)How it will run depends on the Chromebook. I have the Acer Chromebook R11 and it runs smoothly. Your daughter will be able to use the keyboard to type in messages even though it's the Android version, so no need for her to tap the screen every time she wants to send a message. You may want to confirm with them that they don't plan on creating games on Roblox as this definitely isn't possible on the Android version, therefore not possible on a ChromebookYou can view my deal here that I posted a while ago for my review and photos of the Chromebook. It's currently a reasonable £150 for grade B from CeX (view here) I've found grade B devices to be like new on many occasions from CeX. You also have the advantage of a 2 year warranty if you buy from them, excluding accidental damage of course

Oh thanks mate I'll check it out now
knighty1YNWA14/11/2019 10:14

Oh thanks mate I'll check it out now

No worries. Definitely no need to set your mind on the one I suggested, there is a lot to choose from when it comes to Chromebooks. As you have mentioned your budget of £250 I would look for buying used / refurbished to get a Chromebook with some decent specifications, a minimum of 4GB RAM I would say. Perhaps go through some options with your daughter and decide together which one would be the most suitable

Best of luck and please do update us here on which Chromebook you end up buying
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 14th Nov
andrewworrall114/11/2019 10:16

No worries. Definitely no need to set your mind on the one I suggested, …No worries. Definitely no need to set your mind on the one I suggested, there is a lot to choose from when it comes to Chromebooks. As you have mentioned your budget of £250 I would look for buying used / refurbished to get a Chromebook with some decent specifications, a minimum of 4GB RAM I would say. Perhaps go through some options with your daughter and decide together which one would be the most suitableBest of luck and please do update us here on which Chromebook you end up buying

Thanks mate appreciate your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions