Chromebook advice wanted

Posted 30th Nov
I’d appreciate any opinions on which of the 3 cheapest here is the best very.co.uk/ele…e,1

I’m not bothered about the screens as I won’t watch anything on it. Build quality and performance are more important.

Tempted by the Acer for the battery life but the ASUS looks nice. Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Best advice is.... Don’t...
I personally wouldn't choose the middle option with AMD chipset. I think Intels are better for chromebooks they tend to have better battery life and faster cpu's at the expense of possibly worse graphics performance which I don't think is important for a chromebook.

The description on the right model states quad core and full hd display but the text below states 720p screen and dual core so that is a bit of a mess and from experience you always get the lower of the two spec's mentioned but you could use it for negotiating rights to get a discount on receipt. Make sure you keep a copy of the advert. However the model on the left seems to have the more modern chipset so that would probably be the best model to buy to be honest as I'm fairly sure the text on the right model is for the top of the range version but the text below is for the model you will actually get which is slightly weaker than the left model. So I would go for the model with the N4000 chipset which is the more recent.

Personally I think chromebooks are great, truly fantastic devices, My mother damaged her windows laptop so I suggested a chromebook as a replacement and she loves it. Its much better than the windows laptop she had before. When I go there I often play a few android games on it. Its much simpler and faster to use and the battery life is amazing, she can go 2 or 3 days of heavy use between charges.I guess 3 to 4 hours use per day.
bonzobanana30/11/2019 17:19

I personally wouldn't choose the middle option with AMD chipset. I think …I personally wouldn't choose the middle option with AMD chipset. I think Intels are better for chromebooks they tend to have better battery life and faster cpu's at the expense of possibly worse graphics performance which I don't think is important for a chromebook. The description on the right model states quad core and full hd display but the text below states 720p screen and dual core so that is a bit of a mess and from experience you always get the lower of the two spec's mentioned but you could use it for negotiating rights to get a discount on receipt. Make sure you keep a copy of the advert. However the model on the left seems to have the more modern chipset so that would probably be the best model to buy to be honest as I'm fairly sure the text on the right model is for the top of the range version but the text below is for the model you will actually get which is slightly weaker than the left model. So I would go for the model with the N4000 chipset which is the more recent.Personally I think chromebooks are great, truly fantastic devices, My mother damaged her windows laptop so I suggested a chromebook as a replacement and she loves it. Its much better than the windows laptop she had before. When I go there I often play a few android games on it. Its much simpler and faster to use and the battery life is amazing, she can go 2 or 3 days of heavy use between charges.I guess 3 to 4 hours use per day.

Very helpful, thank you.
Buy a cheap used/refurbished laptop with a better spec and install Linux if you don`t like Windows.
I’ve just got two which retail at £260 for £110 and £120 both full aluminium body’s like new open box of eBay . They came and there spotless not been used
bonzobanana30/11/2019 17:19

I personally wouldn't choose the middle option with AMD chipset. I think …I personally wouldn't choose the middle option with AMD chipset. I think Intels are better for chromebooks they tend to have better battery life and faster cpu's at the expense of possibly worse graphics performance which I don't think is important for a chromebook. The description on the right model states quad core and full hd display but the text below states 720p screen and dual core so that is a bit of a mess and from experience you always get the lower of the two spec's mentioned but you could use it for negotiating rights to get a discount on receipt. Make sure you keep a copy of the advert. However the model on the left seems to have the more modern chipset so that would probably be the best model to buy to be honest as I'm fairly sure the text on the right model is for the top of the range version but the text below is for the model you will actually get which is slightly weaker than the left model. So I would go for the model with the N4000 chipset which is the more recent.Personally I think chromebooks are great, truly fantastic devices, My mother damaged her windows laptop so I suggested a chromebook as a replacement and she loves it. Its much better than the windows laptop she had before. When I go there I often play a few android games on it. Its much simpler and faster to use and the battery life is amazing, she can go 2 or 3 days of heavy use between charges.I guess 3 to 4 hours use per day.

I agree, a 1tb usb for £40 and these are very very good
My advice is don’t buy one because “it looks nice”
My advice is don’t buy a chromebook
Get a windows or Mac
maneshapps02/12/2019 13:30

My advice is don’t buy a chromebook Get a windows or Mac

Because?

My advice would be Chromebooks are fine if you understand their limitations. If you understand that, then you'll be fine. If you don't then get a Windows machine, unless you like paying over the odds for a Mac.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions