Expired

chromecast and Moto g cast question

Found 26th Oct 2014
Hey everyone

I noticed that on the setting option on the Moto g, there is a cast screen option.

Can anyone confirm that the chromecast will cast the screen of the Moto g without downloading specific apps?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskChromecastMoto G
12 Comments
I believe it doesn't work on the Moto G (3G version), but does on the Moto G 4G. Only way available to do it is to root your phone and download the apk file off XDA forums or similar.
I have moto g (3g) and chromecast and with no app will only cast Netflix bbc iPlayer and YouTube. with local cast app I can cast (just about) everything
cast screen is an android feature, not moto g specific isnt it?

its on my huawei phone as an option. Doesnt work though

I use localcast app to my WDTV box and works very well.

and use Vuze app as a torrent client and tubemate app to rip youtube stuff
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Oct 2014
Thanks for the info guys. Appreciated as always.
AL1S0N

I have moto g (3g) and chromecast and with no app will only cast Netflix … I have moto g (3g) and chromecast and with no app will only cast Netflix bbc iPlayer and YouTube. with local cast app I can cast (just about) everything

so via the LOCAL Cast app I can mirror my moto g screen? thats essentially what I want, to mirror my moto g screen on the tv and to mirror my asus tablet sreen on the tv via the chromecast app.
dcx_badass

Cast screen is miracast, chromecast screen cast is in the chromecast app.

so if i download the chromecast app, the option to cast my phone screen is within the chromecast app?
EN1GMA

so if i download the chromecast app, the option to cast my phone screen … so if i download the chromecast app, the option to cast my phone screen is within the chromecast app?

Yes
thanks for the clarification dcx and markhuges.

shame you can only mark one answer as best answer.
weird thing keeps on happening. I installed the chromecast app a few days ago and saw the cast screen option. now that my chromecast has arrived, and hooked up to the phone and tablet, the cast screen option on the phone and tablet has disappeared. even more weird though is that on the chromecast app on my wifes phone, the cast screen option is there.....

ive got a moto g and wife has a nexus 4. weird thing is the cast screen option was showing on my phone and tablet before i installed the chromecast.

you guys reckon its just a case of uninstalling and reinstalling the app? or reset the chromecast app?
I tried to use Mrs Mac's Moto G 4G with Chromecast and it didn't work, my Nexus 5 works.
Steve Mac

I tried to use Mrs Mac's Moto G 4G with Chromecast and it didn't work, my … I tried to use Mrs Mac's Moto G 4G with Chromecast and it didn't work, my Nexus 5 works.

like i said steve, weird thing is when i installed the chromecast app before i got the chromecast dongle, the cast screen option showed up. So i deleted the app as i was still waiting for the dongle. I got the dongle, then installed the app and no cast screen option. like for you, Mrs nexus 4 shows the cast screen option and works a treat.
EN1GMA

like i said steve, weird thing is when i installed the chromecast app … like i said steve, weird thing is when i installed the chromecast app before i got the chromecast dongle, the cast screen option showed up. So i deleted the app as i was still waiting for the dongle. I got the dongle, then installed the app and no cast screen option. like for you, Mrs nexus 4 shows the cast screen option and works a treat.

I read somewhere that it's not yet supported but not sure why.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants