Chromecast audio amplifier & speakers

5 replies
Found 1st Dec 2016
Hi

Similar questions asked before, but don't want to totally hijack another thread.

I've got a Chromecast audio recently, and have my eye on a second hand pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 , but I'm not sure if they are suitable or not really

I'm just looking for a cheap amp for the time being, £20 ish, I have seen that this

amazon.co.uk/LEP…ier

and

amazon.co.uk/ELE…ier

and other similar that are usually recommended on here.

Would something like that be suitable and powerful enough to drive those speakers?

another option, ive seen a small second hand Denon on ebay, no remote or speakers but that doesnt matter, but depends how bidding goes on that

I really don't need anything that loud, semi detached house and young children mean there is no chance of being able to play anything too loud, just wanted half decent quality (absolutely not an audiophile though!)

Or are the 9.1's total overkill for my low amp budget and requirement?

Could try to find Diamond 9's at richer sounds too, or something even smaller

Thanks in advance

5 Comments

Original Poster

Just a little bump!

I know it's not been long but I need to decide pretty soon
Thanks

buy the 9.1 as the 9.0s aren't so good. just buy a cheap but good 2nd hand amp off ebay.

Original Poster

Thanks

Would a Denon UD-M31 or this
amazon.co.uk/LEP…ier

Do a better job?

I would go with the denon as 22w rms per channel is good enough for general listening. you could get a home cinema cheap thought

Original Poster

Ok cheers will take a look
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions