Chromecast & BT Sport

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Afternoon Guys,

I have a Philips TV with built in chromecast which stutters ALOT when casting BT Sport from my phone & tablet.. If I got a chromecast would this stop the stuttering? Any advice before I purchase?

Thanks,
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I wouldn’t have thought it would make any difference, how is the TV connected to the network (wired or wireless).
Original Poster
AirbusA3804 m ago

I wouldn’t have thought it would make any difference, how is the TV c …I wouldn’t have thought it would make any difference, how is the TV connected to the network (wired or wireless).

TV is connected wirelessly but I have also tried it wired. I just wonder if its the processing power of the TV. My internet is pretty good at 56mb/s which is more than enough for most things. Just seems the TV struggles with casting BT sports and thought the chromecast wont be processing anything apart from that so may have the advantage... Maybe im just talking nonsense! Who knows..
Alexthegreat26 m ago

TV is connected wirelessly but I have also tried it wired. I just wonder …TV is connected wirelessly but I have also tried it wired. I just wonder if its the processing power of the TV. My internet is pretty good at 56mb/s which is more than enough for most things. Just seems the TV struggles with casting BT sports and thought the chromecast wont be processing anything apart from that so may have the advantage... Maybe im just talking nonsense! Who knows..

My Sony is the same on certain things. What Sony say is, "it's not a true Chromecast, it's Googlecast" which is their version of it. What they really mean is, "we can't be bothered to keep our software up to date". If you get a Chromecast it should work because all you're doing is transferring the link from your device to the Chromecast which would play the link. I guess you could always return it.
Are you actually casting or just screen mirroring (which never really works for media playback).
Original Poster
Thanks for your comments guys.. I am casting it properly yes. I have a £10 voucher for Argos so it will only cost £10 in the sale. I think it’s worth the punt! Thanks again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions