Expired

Chromecast! Help!

Found 15th Apr 2014
Just got a CC. Plugged it into my LG monitor and I get a screen that shows me a yellow exclamation mark! It directs me to chromecast.com/sta…ues

I've tried it in another TV with no luck. It doesn't want to reset (held the button for a minute!)..ran out of ideas.

Anyone had any similar problems? Any resolutions?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskChromecast
6 Comments
Original Poster
http://i.imgur.com/JhGf3Se.jpg
Edited by: "Captainbeavus" 15th Apr 2014
Original Poster
I've tried to call Google 3 times and it goes through to their Spanish support centre.

Seems its in recovery mode

This error message indicates that your Chromecast is in recovery mode. … This error message indicates that your Chromecast is in recovery mode. The error is likely to be caused by rebooting you Chromecast multiple times without allowing it to go through it's full reboot cycle. To fix this error, reboot your device by unplugging it from it's power source, plugging it back in and allowing it to fully reboot.

Did you try powering from another source as suggested here?

groups.google.com/forum/!topic/chromebook-central/TByGO3Voc3E

Seems theres a reset button on the device did you try that?

"If you see a black screen or just a few colored dots when you power on … "If you see a black screen or just a few colored dots when you power on the Chromecast, the reset button may be stuck. The reset button is the only button on the Chromecast itself. In this case, try unplugging power from the Chromecast and pressing the reset button a few times to unstick it. Once the reset button is working, you should feel it click in when you press it and bounce back when you release it. Once the reset button is loose, set up the Chromecast as normal: plug it into the TV's HDMI port and connect the power cable."

forums.androidcentral.com/goo…tml
Edited by: "arachnoid" 15th Apr 2014
Original Poster

This error message indicates that your Chromecast is in recovery mode. … This error message indicates that your Chromecast is in recovery mode. The error is likely to be caused by rebooting you Chromecast multiple times without allowing it to go through it's full reboot cycle. To fix this error, reboot your device by unplugging it from it's power source, plugging it back in and allowing it to fully reboot.

"If you see a black screen or just a few colored dots when you power on … "If you see a black screen or just a few colored dots when you power on the Chromecast, the reset button may be stuck. The reset button is the only button on the Chromecast itself. In this case, try unplugging power from the Chromecast and pressing the reset button a few times to unstick it. Once the reset button is working, you should feel it click in when you press it and bounce back when you release it. Once the reset button is loose, set up the Chromecast as normal: plug it into the TV's HDMI port and connect the power cable."

I've powered it through the mains and through the Anker Mini. I've also tried to reset it but nothing happens when I hold the button down.
Edited by: "Captainbeavus" 15th Apr 2014
Did you read the suggestion in the last link to pull the device out slightly as the switch may not work correctly otherwise?
Original Poster
arachnoid

Did you read the suggestion in the last link to pull the device out … Did you read the suggestion in the last link to pull the device out slightly as the switch may not work correctly otherwise?

Nothing has worked. Have sent it back now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions