Expired

Chromecast, IPhones and Cartoon HD!!!!! Please helppppp

Found 13th May 2014
I have just bought a Chromecast and I have no idea how to get the app HD carton to work with it. I have googled and googled away but without joy.
Can anyone please help me.
Thanks
Community Updates
AskiPhoneChromecast
29 Comments
I didn't think Chromcast worked with Cartoon HD? I'm sure I read somewhere that it just won't work.
rick77

Simple. Not telling you though as I'm not going to encourage the use of … Simple. Not telling you though as I'm not going to encourage the use of Cartoon HD.

Ha! What's wrong with Cartoon HD? Wasn't it available on the app store a while ago?
rick77

It's as legit as Showbox. As in it's not at all. Sorry, but I won't … It's as legit as Showbox. As in it's not at all. Sorry, but I won't advocate its use by advising people how they can use it to better effect. Many on here will have absolutely no worries in answering this though and it's very simple really, so I'm sure a response will be forthcoming shortly.

So you came on a thread asking for help....to say you won't help.....even though you know how??? hahahahahahahahaha.

Genuinely made me chuckle. Thanks
I don't have cartoon HD or a chrome cast (yet).

But, google Avia media player. It may offer you a solution.
the high horse brigade have arrived
Hahaha..Mines higher than yours, but I'm not going to tell you how high ;-)
rick77

Yep! Was feeling cheeky. I also don't agree with all the piracy and … Yep! Was feeling cheeky. I also don't agree with all the piracy and copyright avoidance that is given a platform here on HUKD, and many don't realise that's what they're doing by using this.Oh, and I fancied a bit of abuse from other members who have no such qualms.

I didn't get Cartoon HD in time so never really new what the fuss was about. I would imagine that if it were available freely on the app store, many would not realise the implications. Is that their fault? Partly; but ultimately it is well known that Apple has a highly regulated app store after all.

You say how you 'don't agree with all the piracy....' and 'other members have no such qualms.' Is it not you on the highest horse?
rick77

It's alright - I'm done now (unless said abuse gets personal). The answer … It's alright - I'm done now (unless said abuse gets personal). The answer will be along soon regardless. Good luck OP. If you'd been coy and asked about casting a legitimate app I'd have answered happily. :{Enjoy, all. No hard feelings. :*

I see no abuse in this thread, personal or otherwise.
You can use 'Web Video Caster' to stream it through android I think, not sure if there is something similar on the itunes app store?
rick77

No, I'm not speaking for all. If you check out the threads for these apps … No, I'm not speaking for all. If you check out the threads for these apps though they're very popular, so someone will help the OP. I couldn't really care what my horse is - I just want to support the content I enjoy by watching it legitimately from a licenced or paid for source. What others do is up to them. Don't think it should be promoted here on HUKD but the mods take the same view as yourself as will allow anything that's on the app store or play store regardless of what it is or how obviously it circumvents the legal issues.Really, it's all good. I really don't want to be moaning about this stuff tonight.

Me too, but not because of a moral issue. I prefer the blu-ray quality.. Don't mind paying for it :-). Shame to come on a thread where someone is asking for help, just to say you won't help though.....Bit pointless.
rick77

There's that point too, yes.And there are many ways I could help people … There's that point too, yes.And there are many ways I could help people save money on HUKD by doing things illegally, especially when it comes to software and content. I won't though. It's not entirely pointless to encourage them to do things the right way either.Ok, back to my movie.

Did you download it on cartoon hd?? ;-).

Thank you for acting as our moral compass... We appreciate it. The next time someone is abusing a voucher code, I only hope you are there :-) :-) :-).
try emailing the developer directly

gapp.mobile@gmail.com
also try googling showbox chromcast how to. the steps are prob the same.
I use "local cast" to send my photos to the TV via Chromecast. Assuming Cartoon HD has a download function, you can then use the file browser on local cast to send the video to your TV.
whether it's legal and/or moral is a different issue......but i think the average consumer is feeling pretty glad about having the balance of power shifted in their favour for once.
remember the days when you were convinced to upgrade your precious tape/LP and VHS collections to the new futuristic CD and DVD formats (for £15 and £20 an item respectively)? Then suddenly your CDs need updating for mp3s (which are non transferable) and DVDs for limited edition DVDs, director's cut DVDs, 22 extra seconds of cleavage DVDs and finally blu-rays.
I've lost count the amount of times I had to take a punt on a £15 album after a couple of column inches in nme and a 3 min scan in our price. these days you can fully sample music before deciding which to back (and to a certain degree, how much so), making sure that you reward the artists that most deserve it in your opinion.
and as for some legal channels - how much do you think the content creator gets from a youtube, spotify or netflix stream? probably less than they do from pirates (who may still buy the limited edition LP, concert t-shirt and tour DVD)
well our isps are taking a firm stand against pirates with, wait for it, a letter writing campaign!! so pirates beware. (or use a proxy service, vpn)
thearbiter65

I didn't get Cartoon HD in time so never really new what the fuss was … I didn't get Cartoon HD in time so never really new what the fuss was about. I would imagine that if it were available freely on the app store, many would not realise the implications. Is that their fault? Partly; but ultimately it is well known that Apple has a highly regulated app store after all.You say how you 'don't agree with all the piracy....' and 'other members have no such qualms.' Is it not you on the highest horse?

Download it here
gappcenter.com/car…tml
Didn't realise it was still possible to download it.

@rick77... Did I say I supported it? Just said that if you don't want to help fine, if you do fine. But, it's a bit rude to say 'I know how to do it bit refuse to help'....... Not in the community spirit really. If I don't agree with something on here I just tend to ignore it.....each to their own..... No need to judge others based on your own morals.

How do you feel about this? When driving to work this morning I was doing 32mph in a 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet another illegal action I am admitting too :-) :-) :-)
Fight!
thearbiter65

I didn't get Cartoon HD in time so never really new what the fuss was … I didn't get Cartoon HD in time so never really new what the fuss was about. I would imagine that if it were available freely on the app store, many would not realise the implications. Is that their fault? Partly; but ultimately it is well known that Apple has a highly regulated app store after all.

You can still get it - do a google search the website mentions i-tunes and the app store but it doesn't actually use them...
rick77

You're picking a fight here. I'd have left long ago - after my first … You're picking a fight here. I'd have left long ago - after my first couple of posts - if you hadn't continued to reply and judge me yourself.All I'm doing is pointing out this is illegal (as many don't realise). I knew someone would be along shortly to 'help' as it's a very simple thing to answer. Trying to support an artist or the content that you love is not a bad thing, so you may spin it however you wish but I really don't care.I could be nasty in response to you but I don't want to be. That wasn't my intention of being in this thread and it still isn't. Let's just beg to differ.

Ever gone 31mph in a 30 zone?
it's not nicking though - the original owner still owns it
and the industry happily warps the figures by multiplying the number of downloads by the maximum retail price to artificially inflate the loss
piracy is an easy scapegoat for the content creators' lobby(s) but they happily overlook the fact that their industry suffered was partly a steadfast refusal to adapt to changing consumer patterns and a global economic downturn not caused by pirates
some are more concerned about the proliferation of art than they are the profits of multinationals
I do agree that piracy and theft are different things.

If you steal something you are moving something to a new place without permission. The original owner is left without it. You can either see or understand their suffering.

Piracy, is duplicating something without permission. Often, the original owner doesn't realise (I am not saying that makes it right BTW). The loss is financial to the original owner. This predisposes that you would have bought the the film had you not pirated it.

I think there is a big difference. Everyone (well almost) would agree stealing is wrong. But many would argue that piracy is not stealing and I do see that point.

(again, for the record I am just stating fact NOT personal opinion)
rick77

Ever suffered financial loss because someone's nicked something from you, … Ever suffered financial loss because someone's nicked something from you, but been happy about it and encouraged that behaviour in others?

I think there is a BIG difference between speeding by 1mph and physically stealing something from someone....
OP bored of this thread hours ago, happily watching cartoons with her children
You CANT on Ipad/iphone

But YES on andriod
@rick

I would mind you hacking my bank account because you would be removing the contents (theft). If you want to duplicate the contents, be my guest....just cut me in on it.

One more reply :-) :-) :-) ??
I personally blame the makers of Game of Thrones, for it just being too darn hot! In more ways than one!

theguardian.com/tv-…how
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants