Cider with ice?!

Found 21st Jul
Bottled cider served in pubs-do you have ice in the glass as well-how they serve it a lot in pubs? To me it tastes rank.
Community Updates
MiscAlcoholCider
27 Comments
What kind of chavvy pubs do you go to that put ice in with cider?
I'll have ice with an original magners or bulmers, everything else is the other side of the line.
Edited by: "BFCsider" 21st Jul
Cider reminds me of puking up. Nasty stuff. Not nearly as nasty as Guinness though, that stuff probably IS good for you.
Had a very nice 330ml size blush cider from Waitrose recently. Had a raspberry flavour to it. Very nice
Hope Cider doesn't go the same way as Gin and Vodka with people comparing it like fine wine. It's just a nice tasting cheap drink.
Also not going to frown on someone mixing Cider and Larger
Jumpingphil16 m ago

I will drink a large cider from time to time.

Jumpingphil16 m ago

I will drink a large cider from time to time.

Pear cider is nice as well.
kester761 m ago

Pear cider is nice as well.

Woosh.
BFCsider2 h, 34 m ago

I'll have ice with an original magners or bulmers, everything else is the …I'll have ice with an original magners or bulmers, everything else is the other side of the line.

I drink magners with ice on occasion not sure why ?

If you want something nice and not that expensive pretty much anything made by Westons hits the spot for me
Aspalls is good as well if you want something a little different
you do need a sweet tooth to drink cider but each to their own

cheers

34444517-Ns61u.jpg
rev624 m ago

[Video]

That's taking alcohol aquirement to the extreme
@mysmugcat

"Bottled cider served in pubs-do you have ice in the glass as well-how they serve it a lot in pubs? To me it tastes rank."

Ice in Cider?

Rumour has it that Marianne Faithfull prefers her bars from Mars.
Def ice with cider, tastes best as cold as possible, and in this weather i'll drink just about everything with ice in it
I never have ice in any restaurant, pub etc after watching a program about dirty ice
At school we had cider with rosie
airfix5 m ago

Did you see the BBC dramatisation ? that was so so so awesome
It's a "No" from me!
I think people are getting a bit mixed up, cider as in the typical apple ciders strongbow/bulmers then no

kopparberg, Rekorderlig etc is pear ( so really perry) but sometimes is apple with the flavours added to it and they even recommend serving with ice.
kester7620 h, 7 m ago

Hope Cider doesn't go the same way as Gin and Vodka with people comparing …Hope Cider doesn't go the same way as Gin and Vodka with people comparing it like fine wine. It's just a nice tasting cheap drink. Also not going to frown on someone mixing Cider and Larger

Nothing wrong with a snakebite & black, after 30 years I still indulge regularly

34450619-86uOy.jpg
airfix15 h, 48 m ago

Excellent book
eset1234521st Jul

What kind of chavvy pubs do you go to that put ice in with cider?

Wow, very judgemental. FYI lots of pubs and bars serve bottled cider with ice in a glass.
kester7622 h, 58 m ago

Hope Cider doesn't go the same way as Gin and Vodka with people comparing …Hope Cider doesn't go the same way as Gin and Vodka with people comparing it like fine wine. It's just a nice tasting cheap drink. Also not going to frown on someone mixing Cider and Larger

I think it's already gone that way tbh
Chasloyal4 h, 6 m ago

Nothing wrong with a snakebite & black, after 30 years I still indulge …Nothing wrong with a snakebite & black, after 30 years I still indulge regularly [Image]

The only socially acceptable Diesel in about 10 years time.
chimp14uk1 h, 18 m ago

I think it's already gone that way tbh

A shame really and it just drives the price up for slightly better packaging.
34454157-TlcXO.jpg
Coaster, glass with ice, two bottles of premium strength cider to choose from on another gorgeous sunny day......which one first?
Chasloyal5 h, 39 m ago

[Image] Coaster, glass with ice, two bottles of premium strength cider to …[Image] Coaster, glass with ice, two bottles of premium strength cider to choose from on another gorgeous sunny day......which one first?

Thatchers is nice, they look interesting
mysmugcat3 m ago

Thatchs is nice

Indeed it is, I ended up going with the Katy even took a pic of it.....

34457455-JPapG.jpg
Don’t mind ice in it when really hot. I’ll drink it fast. A pub near use does a cider slush it’s lovely on a hot day. Very refreshing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants