Groups

Cif cream with bleach - beware

I picked up a bottle of this at the CO-OP and was unaware that the cap had caught in the trolley and was open. The liquid had dripped all over my trousers and shoes and within minutes they had been damaged and discoloured. I have put in an official complaint. Why is this product not sealed in the same manner as normal bleach instead it has a flimsy clicking lid that can open with the slightest of ease. It has caused at least £90 worth of damage.

20 Comments

So the advice would be....

keep lids on things.

Sound advice for any occasion then!

Original Poster

grex9101;4518109

So the advice would be....keep lids on things.Sound advice for any … So the advice would be....keep lids on things.Sound advice for any occasion then!

Yeah thanks for that, it was very nearly funny ....:x
    The lid was on, the warning is to be aware that the lid is so weak it can flip open at anytime and the contents leak out.

diabeticguy;4518143

Yeah thanks for that, it was very nearly funny ....:xThe lid was on, the … Yeah thanks for that, it was very nearly funny ....:xThe lid was on, the warning is to be aware that the lid is so weak it can flip open at anytime and the contents leak out.

That was very nearly useful advice.

WARNING - ITEMS WITH LIDS....CAN LEAK!

In other news, FIRE BURNS, oh, and WATER IS WET!

lol

you shouldn't have been so tetchy you know :roll:

Whats the relevance of asserting it was in the co op? They don't design the bottles do they! The way you have worded it points the blame with them.:thumbsup:

OH how i'd laugh if they made a counter claim against you for spilling the cif all over the floor.:whistling::w00t:

harlzter;4518319

Whats the relevance of asserting it was in the co op? They don't design … Whats the relevance of asserting it was in the co op? They don't design the bottles do they! The way you have worded it points the blame with them.:thumbsup:OH how i'd laugh if they made a counter claim against you for spilling the cif all over the floor.:whistling::w00t:

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/headbobnp1.gif

Original Poster

OK it can happen in any ****ing shop not just the CO-OP, sometimes the idiotic, childish and humourless comments posted when an attempt to inform is made is quite irksome.

Tough crowd tonight eh OP... lol

leave the guy be, he wanted to have a rant, let him vent, we all know it makes you feel better! lol

ChipSticks;4518357

Tough crowd tonight eh OP... lolleave the guy be, he wanted to have a … Tough crowd tonight eh OP... lolleave the guy be, he wanted to have a rant, let him vent, we all know it makes you feel better! lol

I was just playin', you know I loves ya all :-D

Surely any product which contains harmful chemicals (such as bleach) should have a safety cap on them? I'd definitely pursue this....

Xb0xGuru;4518386

Surely any product which contains harmful chemicals (such as bleach) … Surely any product which contains harmful chemicals (such as bleach) should have a safety cap on them? I'd definitely pursue this....

True enough, even those where you are supposed to squeeze the sides would be better, or a foil seal under the cap for transportation like you get on ketchup.

Xb0xGuru;4518386

Surely any product which contains harmful chemicals (such as bleach) … Surely any product which contains harmful chemicals (such as bleach) should have a safety cap on them? I'd definitely pursue this....

harlzter;4518410

True enough, even those where you are supposed to squeeze the sides would … True enough, even those where you are supposed to squeeze the sides would be better, or a foil seal under the cap for transportation like you get on ketchup.

Although, one would argue that anything that states, on the label in big letters "with bleach" should be handled/transported/stored sensibly.

I mean, you get soda crystals in an unlined box!!! You're only a small tear away from a disaster there!

diabeticguy;4518343

OK it can happen in any ****ing shop not just the CO-OP, sometimes the … OK it can happen in any ****ing shop not just the CO-OP, sometimes the idiotic, childish and humourless comments posted when an attempt to inform is made is quite irksome.

http://www.billyriggs.com/pics/MagicOfAttitude-cover.gif

Hi Diabeticguy ,Thanks for the warning on loose caps. I feel sorry for you getting your 90 quids worth of clobber destroyed by cif. You must be a really nice dresser. I think you should consider dressing down for CO-OP expeditions in future due to hazardous substances. Maybe you could take the damaged clothes to Customer services and complain. I complained to them and got a free chicken (i didn't get cif on me) this was something completely unrelated.

kaits;4518583

Hi Diabeticguy ,Thanks for the warning on loose caps. I feel sorry for … Hi Diabeticguy ,Thanks for the warning on loose caps. I feel sorry for you getting your 90 quids worth of clobber destroyed by cif. You must be a really nice dresser. I think you should consider dressing down for CO-OP expeditions in future due to hazardous substances. Maybe you could take the damaged clothes to Customer services and complain. I complained to them and got a free chicken (i didn't get cif on me) this was something completely unrelated.

lol

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/ralph.gif

Original Poster

kaits;4518583

Hi Diabeticguy ,Thanks for the warning on loose caps. I feel sorry for … Hi Diabeticguy ,Thanks for the warning on loose caps. I feel sorry for you getting your 90 quids worth of clobber destroyed by cif. You must be a really nice dresser. I think you should consider dressing down for CO-OP expeditions in future due to hazardous substances. Maybe you could take the damaged clothes to Customer services and complain. I complained to them and got a free chicken (i didn't get cif on me) this was something completely unrelated.

OK, that was funny. :whistling: LOL

grex9101;4518449

Although, one would argue that anything that states, on the label in big … Although, one would argue that anything that states, on the label in big letters "with bleach" should be handled/transported/stored sensibly.

I was thinking more the case when it's actually home - a small child isn't going to be able to read the label.

Xb0xGuru;4519448

I was thinking more the case when it's actually home - a small child … I was thinking more the case when it's actually home - a small child isn't going to be able to read the label.

But any responsible parent of small children would not leave cleaning bottles where a child can get to it:thumbsup:

We have kiddie catches on the doors of cupboards where anything harmful or potentialy harmful is stored.

responses have been HILARIOUS!

OP is totally right.

The CIF bottles need to have better opening/closing clasps. This time, it was clothing. It would therefore also be possible for it to damage sensitive skin. And if a child/pet got hold of it, sufficent precautions should have been made by the manufacturers to protect them from being harmed by the contents of the bottle, either by ingestion or skin contact.

Whilst many parents take precautions such a locking chemicals into cupboards how many just place them under the kitchen sink without a lock in sight. No-one's house can be made entirely baby/young child-PROOF, no matter how hard we try. Manufacturers have to take responsibility also for the goods they create as do the supermarkets to ensure they provide a "safe and healthy" shopping environment.

Thank you for the warning OP. I hope you get the money back for your damaged clothing x x

Xb0xGuru;4519448

I was thinking more the case when it's actually home - a small child … I was thinking more the case when it's actually home - a small child isn't going to be able to read the label.

A small child shouldn't be able to get access to bleach full stop. That's not bad lids...........that'd be bad parenting. lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047082
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11

See more discussions