14 Comments

Original Poster

Hello sorry if this sounds like a stupid question

But you know cinemas - Cineworld , Vue etc

Is the screen like our normal TVs but just bigger over 100inchs

Or it a wall with a projector?

Also is the resolution 1080p or 4K?
    Edited by: "MarioMan" 16th Apr

Projector as far as I know. If you turn around and look at the top of the wall you can see the projector light and window lol.

Projector. Sometimes 2 projectors for one cinema screen

The answer may be here:

bfy.tw/BFgL

It's a projector. Cinemas over recent years have been moving from traditional projectors (playing from film reels), to DLP projectors (digital).

Original Poster

naka_1888

The answer may be here:http://bfy.tw/BFgL

What does this tell me you numpty?

Silver lenticular (vertically ridged) screens, which are made from a tightly woven fabric, either natural, such as silk, or a synthetic fiber, were excellent for use with low-power projector lamp heads and the monochromatic images that were a staple of early projected images.

Do you really have nothing better to do?

Original Poster

In terms of resolution what is it?

1080p ?
    4k?

MarioMan

What does this tell me you numpty? Silver lenticular (vertically ridged) … What does this tell me you numpty? Silver lenticular (vertically ridged) screens, which are made from a tightly woven fabric, either natural, such as silk, or a synthetic fiber, were excellent for use with low-power projector lamp heads and the monochromatic images that were a staple of early projected images.Do you really have nothing better to do?

​You're calling him a numpty after asking this question?

MarioMan

In terms of resolution what is it?1080p ?4k?

4K generally unless the cinema is usiing multiple prejectors, iMax for instance ?

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ema

Yeah they are mostly 4K digital projectors, iMAX use two laser projectors.

Even though they are 4K projectors most content your see is still mastered in 2K, next time you are going to watch a movie look up the Technical Specs on IMDb, master format will likely be 2K.

It's a huge TV with an equally sized remote.

It depends on the cinema, just like TVs at home there are multiple generations of technologies out there in the wild.

Generally giant screens are projectors in cinemas and LED screens outside. LED screens are not like 'LED' TVs, they're more like OLED TVs.

There have been some demonstrations of LED screens in cinemas and we may start seeing more of it with HDR.
    Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 16th Apr

Cineworld and Vue both use Sony 4K projectors, accept for iMAX, have no idea what you would find in the smaller independent cinemas.

MarioMan

What does this tell me you numpty? Silver lenticular (vertically ridged) … What does this tell me you numpty? Silver lenticular (vertically ridged) screens, which are made from a tightly woven fabric, either natural, such as silk, or a synthetic fiber, were excellent for use with low-power projector lamp heads and the monochromatic images that were a staple of early projected images.Do you really have nothing better to do?

You're the numpty, you are clearly connected to the internet so search for it instead of asking questions that could easily find the answer for yourself. ****
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047069
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816342
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1432
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914433

See more discussions