Cineworld Cinemas are re-opening | COVID-19 Customer Update and Safety Measures (July 10th)

Lead deal editor16
Posted 19th Jun
Cineworld Cinemas are re-opening!

We are excited to announce that we are planning to re-open Cineworld Cinemas across England on 10th July 2020. The opening date is subject to final clarifications and confirmation in regards to UK government restrictions, with dates to follow for our cinemas in Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

We know how much you’ve been missing the cinema and we are thrilled to be back! With great films ahead, including Mulan, Tenet, A Quiet Place Part II, No Time To Die and many more, we can’t wait to welcome you back to Cineworld.

In order to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests in light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are putting a number of safety measures in place:

SOCIAL DISTANCING
Social distancing measures will be implemented across all areas within the cinema.

HAND WASHING
All employee and customer toilets will be stocked with anti-bacterial hand soap, and stringent hand washing guidelines will be trained out to all employees to supplement our current personal hygiene policy.

HAND SANITISERS
Hand sanitizer stations will be provided in all cinemas for customers and employees.

ADDITIONAL CLEANING
Our already high cleaning standards will be enhanced by a cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the high touch points within the cinema.

E-TICKETING
Tickets will be available to book in advance on our website and via the Cineworld app, available on IOS and Android. Confirmation emails can be used as tickets, and e-tickets are available on the app.

UPDATED SEATING MAPS
Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit together while ensuring a safe distance between customers from different households in our cinema screens. This will vary on the capacity and layout of each screen.

STAGGERED FILM TIMES
Film start and end times will be staggered to reduce customers cross paths with other customers going in or out of other screens and buildup of crowds in the foyer. Additional cleaning time will be added between films.

PLASTIC SCREENS AT THE TILL
We will be adding screens at our concessions areas where safe distancing cannot be maintained.

CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS
Our tills will be accepting contactless card payments up to a value of £45 and Apple Pay/Google Pay mobile payments with no limit in our cinemas. The ticket machines in most of our cinemas also accept contactless payments and we’re working on upgrading the rest.

TRAINING & PPE
All employees will receive specific COVID-19 training and PPE will be provided to employees where the risk assessment has deemed it necessary, in line with government requirements.

SUPPORT FROM TEAM MEMBERS
Our trained staff will be on hand to offer assistance to customers. We remain committed to being “The Best Place To Watch A movie”.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cineworld. Tickets will be available to book soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions here.

Thank you for your support and continued passion for cinema.
The Cineworld Team
Community Updates
16 Comments
"Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit together"

I'm guessing then if you're with friends you'll be a seat gap apart from each other? I don't have a Cineworld near me but have Vue and they will most likely follow suit
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 19th Jun
I cannot wait
Something to look forward to
andrewworrall119/06/2020 12:25

"Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit …"Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit together"I'm guessing then if you're with friends you'll be a seat gap apart from each other? I don't have a Cineworld near me but have Vue and they will most likely follow suit

I imagine it means if you go with cohabiting family or friends you can sit together
Edited by: "davidian84" 19th Jun
Great news.
Hopefully they remove the online booking fee.
Hoping the other cinemas open soon too.
good stuff yay
We are getting a cineworld in Belfast but the opening will likey slip due to the Covid outbreak. I'm an odeon limitless member but they only get blockbusters and the odd Polish or Indian film. Cineworld seem to get a better selection of new releases
Honestly feels weird not going to Cineworld once or twice a week, it's what I've done for many years now. Think I average around 120 films per years! But least I've had Kodi and other streaming service to keep me going
If movie releases have been pushed back to later in the year, what will viewers be watching on 10th July?

Just googled it, Unhinged is out on the 10th.
Edited by: "samosa" 19th Jun
i'm waiting for the movie "the 2nd spike" wont be to long with the demo's, que for shop's, cinema openings and then the pubs...
ive missed using my meerkat movies 2 for 1 code
i want to go and see Mulan and the James Bond films these are my top 2
Bargainhead19/06/2020 16:34

i'm waiting for the movie "the 2nd spike" wont be to long with the demo's, …i'm waiting for the movie "the 2nd spike" wont be to long with the demo's, que for shop's, cinema openings and then the pubs...

BBC would say that demo.s are Covid-free areas, so the stupid masses will continue to take part in this political motivated action.
On the other hand going to beaches is baaaad, OK?
andrewworrall119/06/2020 12:25

"Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit …"Our booking system has been updated to allow friends and family to sit together"I'm guessing then if you're with friends you'll be a seat gap apart from each other? I don't have a Cineworld near me but have Vue and they will most likely follow suit

Im pretty sure it means the opposite, if your in a group travelling in car together etc... you can book seats with no social distancing, its stupid to make people sit apart who live together or have been interacting with each other.
In fact if it meant you had to sit apart, there would be no reason for that sentence to even exist on the page
While the safety measures sound good in theory, whats to stop family and friends to sit in the gap seats once the movie has started? People getting up and walking past your seat to go to the loo? Basically relying on the general public to take extra precaution and follow implemented social distancing measures, which we have seen working quite well so far with beaches, shops, protests etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text