Circle Windows (port hole) but needs to open, any ideas how much and where from

12 replies
Found 10th Aug 2009
can you buy a Circle window that opens. Its for a Bathroom windows so obviously i would like it to open.

If so can you guide me on an average price, it will be approx 2ft in size

12 Comments

Banned

any good window supplies or builders merchants

£58 +vat no glass

Wooden or plastic? I would get some quotes from some local places, even ones that can't quote will let you know who can, carpenters builders even etc.

Banned

RUDOLF;5979824

any good window supplies or builders merchants£58 +vat no glass

I'd be astonished if you can buy a porthole window frame, hinges and glass for £58!

unless you are talking small boat size.

i was quoted £350 by a double glazing firm (about 20 inches across).

Banned

csiman;5979920

I'd be astonished if you can buy a porthole window frame, hinges and … I'd be astonished if you can buy a porthole window frame, hinges and glass for £58!unless you are talking small boat size.i was quoted £350 by a double glazing firm (about 20 inches across).

I said frame no glass and did anyone say it was to be double glazed plastic frame.:w00t:

Original Poster

thanks for the replies.

can you get opening circle windows, just never seen them, i know you can get normal plastic solid windows?

it was double glazed UPVC i wanted

Banned

mds1256;5980033

thanks for the replies.can you get opening circle windows, just never … thanks for the replies.can you get opening circle windows, just never seen them, i know you can get normal plastic solid windows?it was double glazed UPVC i wanted

Yes but they are expensive.
its size the problem the glass will be quite small.on a 24 inch window

Banned

RUDOLF;5980019

I said frame no glass and did anyone say it was to be double glazed … I said frame no glass and did anyone say it was to be double glazed plastic frame.:w00t:

thought it was pretty obvious they wanted glass! :w00t:

and who wouldnt install D/G on a bathroom ;-)

Banned

csiman;5980978

thought it was pretty obvious they wanted glass! :w00t:and who wouldnt … thought it was pretty obvious they wanted glass! :w00t:and who wouldnt install D/G on a bathroom ;-)

Wrong.............. of the many different types glass which one do they want. I cannot choose for them. different sq ft prices

AND

What if you live in a listed building or a building with a control order on YOU cannot have double glazing always:oops:

Banned

RUDOLF;5981877

Wrong.............. of the many different types glass which one do they … Wrong.............. of the many different types glass which one do they want. I cannot choose for them. different sq ft pricesANDWhat if you live in a listed building or a building with a control order on YOU cannot have double glazing always:oops:

now you are just being pedantic :whistling:

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am trying to find something similar and am in Canada (although a Brit). I have been unable to find any window supplier, or even pvc window maker (of which we have many) to make this window. I have started to research boat windows and then see if I can get one of the window-makers to build a frame around it? If you did find something please please post back! If it's do-able in the UK I can get family to pick one up and bring it on their next trip over! thanks,

Banned

philippahowell

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am trying to find … Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am trying to find something similar and am in Canada (although a Brit). I have been unable to find any window supplier, or even pvc window maker (of which we have many) to make this window. I have started to research boat windows and then see if I can get one of the window-makers to build a frame around it? If you did find something please please post back! If it's do-able in the UK I can get family to pick one up and bring it on their next trip over! thanks,

does it need to open?

loads on ebay that are fixed (search round window
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.819
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769457
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions