Circular Saw or Plunge saw what's best to buy any suggestions?

DIY

9 Comments

Depends what you want it for

Also depends on how much room you and what budget. Decent Plung saws are expensive and really you want then push, pull and rotate on a bench to be more useful then a simple circular saw.

circular saw and a cheap jig saw would be more useful.

Original Poster

want it for a decent woodworking cut do lots of DIY and see someone using a plunge track saw and looked effortless

I use a router and run down a guide. Best way to get good cuts without splintering. I guess it depends what your cutting and how neat you want it but for 90% of jobs i use a router for sheets of wood. Rest I use a hand saw

Original Poster

I cut a lot of mfc and mdf and do like a hand saw but a when your cutting a lot of different pieces it's time consuming wanted something quicker and less hard work

Guy in my work thought he was smart and used his circular saw to cut up firewood logs. "Much faster" he said. "Safe" he said.
Cut his thumb clean off six months later he did.
Different tools are suited to different tasks, think he should have probibly stuck to a hand saw.

john184

Guy in my work thought he was smart and used his circular saw to cut up … Guy in my work thought he was smart and used his circular saw to cut up firewood logs. "Much faster" he said. "Safe" he said.Cut his thumb clean off six months later he did.Different tools are suited to different tasks, think he should have probibly stuck to a hand saw.

'Hand saw' - like what you did there

Just get a see saw, much more fun.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767378
    2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467
    4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow817

See more discussions