citreon c1 help

Found 9th Jan 2013
Ok I have a 2006 citroen c1, recently when the cars parked overnight or for a long amount of time the windows steam up and theyre wet on the inside but its fine on the outside. I just checked to see if my seats or floor was damp but theyre bone dry. Anyone got any idea why its happening?

And its only the windowscreen that gets the condensation
Community Updates
Misc
38 Comments
You have condensation.
In b4 all french cars are crap

** Not my opinion
sounds like condensation, could be caused by damp in your car somewhere. how long the problem been going on
aircanman

You have condensation.

I know its condensation, but wheres the wetness coming from for it to be inside the car
lol , thats what you need to find out. youve either got a damp spot somewhere or the damps coming in or its warmer in the car than it is outside, so maybe a heater problem, causing condensation on the windows
Probably the **** poor fit of the rear screen / bootlid.

Feel around the sunroof if you have one that was where I had a leak in one car, and look around the rear windscreen area, that is the other place I seem to have a leak, nothing major just seems to be the rubber seal, bought clear silicone sealent and sealed it, did it in the summer though!!!
Sounds like 1 of the window seals is defective, have you had the windscreen replaced recently?
Close your air vents!
buzyxbee

sounds like condensation, could be caused by damp in your car somewhere. … sounds like condensation, could be caused by damp in your car somewhere. how long the problem been going on

I think its only been happening recently like the past week or 2
ianshona

Close your air vents!

There not open
transit

Sounds like 1 of the window seals is defective, have you had the … Sounds like 1 of the window seals is defective, have you had the windscreen replaced recently?

No, theyve never been replaced as far as I know
tjack01

Feel around the sunroof if you have one that was where I had a leak in … Feel around the sunroof if you have one that was where I had a leak in one car, and look around the rear windscreen area, that is the other place I seem to have a leak, nothing major just seems to be the rubber seal, bought clear silicone sealent and sealed it, did it in the summer though!!!

I dont have a sunroof and the rear windowscreen is just like a panel of glass for a boot door
lisajohnsonxxx

No, theyve never been replaced as far as I know

Ok, well the only other possibility is strangers are having sex in your car whilst you sleep. oO
Wet coat in the boot, back seat?
transit

Ok, well the only other possibility is strangers are having sex in your … Ok, well the only other possibility is strangers are having sex in your car whilst you sleep. oO

I blame the rising rents
lisajohnsonxxx

buzyxbee sounds like condensation, could be caused by damp in your car … buzyxbee sounds like condensation, could be caused by damp in your car somewhere. how long the problem been going onI think its only been happening recently like the past week or 2

right ok, well theres been no major weather changes in the last few weeks so its not that, somthings happened in that time too cause it. maybe try rack your brains, has anything happened to the car? service, mot, anyone tinkered with it. any bumps, slammed doors, probs with windows. need to eliminate things. it may only be minor now but damp in a car is never good, especially if it builds up and could mess up your electrics

hope you find the prob guy xxx
transit

Ok, well the only other possibility is strangers are having sex in your … Ok, well the only other possibility is strangers are having sex in your car whilst you sleep. oO

Looks like an allnighter tonight, at least then I can rule that possibility
lisajohnsonxxx

Looks like an allnighter tonight, at least then I can rule that … Looks like an allnighter tonight, at least then I can rule that possibility

Well if dogging is your thing.... X)
Chiptivo

Wet coat in the boot, back seat?

Na, I dont keep nothing in the car
If its worse after a period of rain it may be that a window/s seal is defective.
buzyxbee

right ok, well theres been no major weather changes in the last few weeks … right ok, well theres been no major weather changes in the last few weeks so its not that, somthings happened in that time too cause it. maybe try rack your brains, has anything happened to the car? service, mot, anyone tinkered with it. any bumps, slammed doors, probs with windows. need to eliminate things. it may only be minor now but damp in a car is never good, especially if it builds up and could mess up your electricshope you find the prob guy xxx

Nothings been done to the car since october, thanks anyway
Open bonnet and look where there are vents. Usually close to the wipers. Is this full of leaves or anything ? Water can get in here and be blown in by the system. Then. Check the pollen filter inside the car. Is this damp? If so its coming from the fan system. If not, there may be a leak somewhere. Also. Do you have an air recirculating function? Does it work?
WoolyM

If its worse after a period of rain it may be that a window/s seal is … If its worse after a period of rain it may be that a window/s seal is defective.

Actually it mainly happens when it rains
aircanman

Open bonnet and look where there are vents. Usually close to the wipers. … Open bonnet and look where there are vents. Usually close to the wipers. Is this full of leaves or anything ? Water can get in here and be blown in by the system. Then. Check the pollen filter inside the car. Is this damp? If so its coming from the fan system. If not, there may be a leak somewhere. Also. Do you have an air recirculating function? Does it work?

Ill have to have a look tomorrow but no I dont have air recirculating function its a very basic car
Common problem. When you use the car you leave damp air in the car as the temperature drops outside it condensers on the windows. Small place with lots of windows. The best thing to do is leave the vents open and turn the heater control down to cold.

Some of the users who live in Scotland have reported ice on the inside on occasions.
I checked the front window screen and everything seems to be ok, theres nothing leakin in anywhere that I can see. Going to have a look in the boot tomorrow when its day light
Pleased you highlighted this lisa. Hi, I have a c4 09 and oddly have the same problem, in my case I think the rubber sealant is not a tidy fit ! Still unacceptable, paid 12 grand on finance and still paying ? Be interesting to hear just how many citreon owners have this problem ?
riverette.
Put some rubber mats down in the car at various placed and see if they seem to get wet. It might indicate the area to start looking in
heater matrix. get your car scanned will probably throw up a fault with this
If the car is only being used for short journeys it will likely be a build up of normal condensation caused by human if the door/window/boot seals are fine.

Suggest keeping the heat on full and windows open for a good few minutes on a good long drive. - if the damp problem is not identifiable by bad seals etc
Edited by: "philphil61" 10th Jan 2013
WoolyM

Put some rubber mats down in the car at various placed and see if they … Put some rubber mats down in the car at various placed and see if they seem to get wet. It might indicate the area to start looking in

I have rubber mats butntheyre not wet at all
riverette

Pleased you highlighted this lisa. Hi, I have a c4 09 and oddly have the … Pleased you highlighted this lisa. Hi, I have a c4 09 and oddly have the same problem, in my case I think the rubber sealant is not a tidy fit ! Still unacceptable, paid 12 grand on finance and still paying ? Be interesting to hear just how many citreon owners have this problem ?riverette.

someone else with your car
Inactive

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-top-tips-57/how-stop-your-107-leaking-18056/

This is exactly what ive been looking for, thanks!
make sure heating is set to outside not recirc,even wen parked it means fresh air gettin in
sparky2076

make sure heating is set to outside not recirc,even wen parked it means … make sure heating is set to outside not recirc,even wen parked it means fresh air gettin in

My car dont have the recirculation function
lisajohnsonxxx

My car dont have the recirculation function

ok,there usually is a function that cuts out outside air ie nasty niffs etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants