Citroen C3 - 3 beeps while driving

Found 3rd Jul 2016
Since yesterday my Citroen C3 (1.6Lt Diesel Manual) has started to emit 3 beeps while driving. It may happen every 10 mins or 2 to 3 times within 5 mins, I don't get anything displaying on the car computer or dashboard. I called Citroen but they did not know what it could be. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I probably will take it to my garage next week if it carries on.
J
Community Updates
23 Comments
My Peugeot used to do this when the coolant needed topping up.
Susannah

My Peugeot used to do this when the coolant needed topping up.

With no warning on the dashboard? The temperature gauge looks ok though, 3 nudges (which is the usual temperature). Thanks for the reply
J
same as seat belt warning? Perhaps it's not detecting drivers seatbelt is fastened correctly
jeannot18

With no warning on the dashboard? The temperature gauge looks ok though, … With no warning on the dashboard? The temperature gauge looks ok though, 3 nudges (which is the usual temperature). Thanks for the replyJ

Yes, with no warning and the temperature gauge was fine too.
Edited by: "Susannah" 3rd Jul 2016
I will check the levels this morning. Thanks
My daughters car makes rhis noise if she drives over 70 mph. It stops beeping when she slows down.
Could be brake pad sensor if the pads are starting to get low, does it do it when going downhill or when braking?
Handbrake on?
Do you have anything on the passenger seat? Not sure about Citroen's but in VW's if you put something on the passenger seat, it thinks there's a person sat on it and so the seatbelt warning alarm sounds.
If you have it diagnosed with dealer level diagnostics then that should reveal the fault.

Some fault codes don't trigger the eml or other warnings etc.. But usually get stored in memory until reset.
Can I ask if it does it after you brake or indicate ?
Have diagnosed and fixed a few of these if it bleeps after the above
It will be a corroded earth pin on the rear light cluster where it plugs in
Its usually the passenger side
Worth checking
sheilajay

My daughters car makes rhis noise if she drives over 70 mph. It stops … My daughters car makes rhis noise if she drives over 70 mph. It stops beeping when she slows down.

Could be a speed limiter settings should be able to change it in the control panel. Good to have though
No while driving on the motorway, no braking, different speed. I topped up the coolant water this morning, thus not much was missing. I will see tonight on my way to work. My C3 don't have a safety belt sensor on the passenger seat. Handbrake is down properly, my brakes have been replaced not too long ago.
I had this before on a seat toledo 1.6 diesel. Turned out it was the fuel particle filter and the dash led for it was non functional.
I had this on a my c3 hire car it turns out is a speed warning that comes on at 75mph
Still doing it, does it when i am just driving (not above the speed limit that's for sure :D), not when i am braking, just cruising on flat road (no going up or down hills). My C3 does not too many gadgets (no cruise control), just the usual stuff. So I guess it is going to be a trip to the garage and maybe get it plugged to their computer and see what comes back. It's quite annoying and distracting
jeannot18

Still doing it, does it when i am just driving (not above the speed limit … Still doing it, does it when i am just driving (not above the speed limit that's for sure :D), not when i am braking, just cruising on flat road (no going up or down hills). My C3 does not too many gadgets (no cruise control), just the usual stuff. So I guess it is going to be a trip to the garage and maybe get it plugged to their computer and see what comes back. It's quite annoying and distracting

Check the handbook the speed limiter has to be set, maybe you hit it by mistake and it's on really low setting so goes off every time you hit the limit.

ukandeuropetravel.com/ima…pdf

Edited by: "eslick" 3rd Jul 2016
eslick

Check the handbook the speed limiter has to be set, maybe you hit it by … Check the handbook the speed limiter has to be set, maybe you hit it by mistake and it's on really low setting so goes off every time you hit the limit. http://www.ukandeuropetravel.com/images/car_lease/citroen/manuals/C3-Owners-Handbook.pdf

Thanks for that but my C3 is a 2005 model, and a basic one, i don't have that option on my car
Eureka!!! This morning on my way back from work, I noticed that the beeps occurred when I was passing the 50mph mark, so yes as mentioned by some I had a speed limiter after all. I share the car with my daughter and she may had pressed the tiny button.
Edited by: "jeannot18" 4th Jul 2016
Might sound stupid but make sure all doors are closed properly , citreons beep 3 times when a door is open
Bugthechat

Might sound stupid but make sure all doors are closed properly , citreons … Might sound stupid but make sure all doors are closed properly , citreons beep 3 times when a door is open

Never sounds stupid replying to a 10 month old thread, yep really doesn't sound stupid at all.
I just encounter the exact problem since yesterday, I have got Semiautomatic Citroen C3 , 2005 Model.
I did full servicing 2 weeks ago, so i am sure Oil and coolant is topped up.
Initially I thought , this may be a problem if I drive in Automatic, but when drive in Manual , than also it beeps every 5 minutes and or after 1 or 2 mile , and this more happens when i do the break or reverse.

Yes off course when I drive in Manul Mode, it is happening less this morning, but still an issue in both mode.
Please advice
rajesingh

I just encounter the exact problem since yesterday, I have got … I just encounter the exact problem since yesterday, I have got Semiautomatic Citroen C3 , 2005 Model. I did full servicing 2 weeks ago, so i am sure Oil and coolant is topped up. Initially I thought , this may be a problem if I drive in Automatic, but when drive in Manual , than also it beeps every 5 minutes and or after 1 or 2 mile , and this more happens when i do the break or reverse.Yes off course when I drive in Manul Mode, it is happening less this morning, but still an issue in both mode.Please advice

You saw the above answer?
""Eureka!!! This morning on my way back from work, I noticed that the beeps occurred when I was passing the 50mph mark, so yes as mentioned by some I had a speed limiter after all. I share the car with my daughter and she may had pressed the tiny button. ""

Couldn't it be the same thing? If not you will have to go to Citroen and ask them, I am pretty sure they will know what the issue is
J
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants