Groups

citroen dispatch van 04 plate

hi

can anyone give me any ideas what could be the problem ....
    i have a citroen dispatch on an 04 plate and the key fob used to unlock the central locking etc , i know the key fob is ok .
    is it a trip to the main dealer to reprogram key ? or can that be done anywhere else , or is it something on the van ..........
    appreciate some feedback ....driving me nuts ....lol

cheers

bazza

8 Comments

Lol @ trip to main dealer and paying £80+ for something you can do yourself in about 10 seconds.

Just google make and model and key fob reprogramme. Usually just a sequence on pressing buttons on key fob and turning key back and forth in ignition.

Google is your friend

Edit: you sure it isn't your battery in key fob? A sign of it going is having to get within a few feet of car for it to work.
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 21st Jun 2011

So both of your keys for the van key fob don't work?

Inb4 OP never bothers replying to this thread (_;)

Original Poster

Sorry guys had a callout on the other side of the country ....so just got in,
    As for both keys ... I only have 1 that has the buttons on the other is just a key...
    I have tried a new battery and I know the remote is sending a signal ?
    Cheers

Baz oO

Ps sorry for the late reply I do appreciate any help ....

I think it's highly unlikely that the key has forgotten anything if it works (lights up when pressing) maybe the key itself is damaged in some way.

Original Poster

Just think it needs programming again ....

Adam2050

I think it's highly unlikely that the key has forgotten anything if it … I think it's highly unlikely that the key has forgotten anything if it works (lights up when pressing) maybe the key itself is damaged in some way.

They do need reprogramming sometimes, had to do mine a couple of times.

@ Op, that is the most likely thing. Reprogramme it. If it still doesnt work after that it is possibly a knackered reciever which can be bodged up but if it cant prepare to spend some money.

Original Poster

Cheers for that guys knackered receiver
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions