Citroen Xsarra Picasso window stuck/out of frame

Posted 22nd Sep
My driver's side car window has only been opening about 7 inches and then gets stuck. I have managed to get it shut again but have to open the car door to do this. This morning I opened the window (as far down as it would go) to pay for something at a drive through but then the window seemed to drop and come away from the frame (when I was then looking at the window, the glass that should have been fixed on the right-hand side of the frame had dropped and shifted about 4 inches to the left, if that makes sense). I managed to open my car door and push the glass up and sideways so that it was sat in the frame again. Can somebody tell me what has possibly happened (also about the window only opening so far) and if it is going to be a really expensive repair, or is something quite straightforward to fix? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I've had this happen in the past, it's a trivial labour only repair - at a back street garage ~£50 tops unless you're in London.
IamMT22/09/2019 13:49

I've had this happen in the past, it's a trivial labour only repair - at a …I've had this happen in the past, it's a trivial labour only repair - at a back street garage ~£50 tops unless you're in London.

Thank you for giving me some idea as to the cost (I don't live in London).
if its electric window its possible one of the tiny servo motors needs replacing
Either a bolt has worked loose on the window regulator or the window regulator is broken.

You need to take the panel off to see what's happening.
It is a relatively cheap repair. Whatever part it is, it would cost you next to nothing on eBay and just take it for fitting. I’d say it’d cost you £70 tops
Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated.
tardytortoise22/09/2019 14:13

if its electric window its possible one of the tiny servo motors needs …if its electric window its possible one of the tiny servo motors needs replacing

Yes, it is an electric window.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants