Groups

City and Guilds 2330

Hi, im currently studying electronic engineering. I like it but when i signed up to the course it made out that there would be a lot more electrical aspects of it but that turned out false. So, as i want to be an electrician rather than a elec eng, i was thinking of taking the C+G 2330 course in a years time.

Has anyone done this course and is it worth doing to learn on how to be an electrician.

Thankyou

5 Comments

I have just finished the first part of this 3 (ish) year course at Suffolk College, it's pretty good, but as I am doing it part time it is only one day a week, so the practicle lessons are a little short.
    It is a great trade to be in, I done most of the training several years ago, but as I never finished it and spent 4 years in Ibiza I decided to start from the beggining again, will take a while but will ultimately be worth it, stick to it mate

Mike..

Original Poster

Cheers, thing is i cant find any apprenticeships in norwich atm so im not sure if i should enroll in this course or just keep looking for apprenticeships. Good luck in your course

Original Poster

bump please!

With all due respect, you do not need a degree in electronic engineering to be an electrician which is far more of a vocational position. Can you not change to electrical engineering? I would still say it is overkill and more meant for the R&D and major design/installations rather than being an electrician. Financially, you might find it better not to complete the course.

Original Poster

hmm yeah thats a good point, i have found out that it has a c&g 2391 which is inspection and testing. so i may just continue until that then if thats not good enough i will quit and find a electricians course, thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99190
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30119
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764508

See more discussions