Groups

City Link Courier

Got one of the deals from hukd with delivery from these clowns, i'm still waiting. Called them and they said that they had attempted delivery 3 times. They didn't leave any proof that the attempts had been made. They say that they had to wait for the returned item to get back to warehouse, it has now been received back but they have not shipped out my new item.

What would you do?

31 Comments

Been 3 times and not left any proof, you sure they are going to the right address?

I'd go and get it myself if possible.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 24th Jan 2011

Original Poster

greg_68

Been 3 times and not left any proof, you sure they are going to the right … Been 3 times and not left any proof, you sure they are going to the right address?I'd go and get it myself if possible.

it's from a courier service not sure where I could get it from!

Original Poster

Starr

i'm getting there

The City Link depot!

ham82

it's from a courier service not sure where I could get it from!

the tracking will show the local depot, but there no way you getting a 40" tv on a bus brutha.

To clarify, its the Tjhughes 40" LCD deal. HAs anyone else received theirs?

I have had trouble with Initial City Link in the past; they claimed they could not find my address (even though they had delivered to it previously) & I ended up making a 50 mile round trip to their depot to collect the package.

Most recently I have had an issue with DHL claiming delivery was attempted (according to the tracking references on their web site). My property was supposedly visited twice & a card left on the first occasion even though I was sat literally two feet from the front door throughout the entire day on both dates. No card was left on either day.

I e-mailed DHL twice (once after each attempted delivery). The first e-mail was sent within minutes of seeing that a card had been left according to their web site. I also used DHL's online "contact us" form. I did not receive a response.

In my messages I asked what address they were delivering to as it certainly was not mine if they knocked on my front door at 3pm on one particular day because I just happened to be stood on the doorstep taking delivery of a package from Parcel Force at that time.

After another day passed I then contacted the supplier (where the delivery was despatched from) & asked if they could contact DHL & ask for a re-delivery on my behalf.

I finally received an e-mailed response from DHL to say that the item was coming back to me (this being the third attempt at delivery according to them).

No apology about the lack of card. No explanation about the failed attempt(s) not being accurate (read: truthful). In fact, no information other than the item was being re-delivered on a certain date.

According to their web site (that I was tracking the progress of the package on throughout the days), the delivery left their depot at 8am. It was delivered (by private car) at 5pm.

I think couriers must claim they have attempted delivery to meet the requirements of the contracts with their customers but the items never actually leave the depot (or stay in the back of a delivery vehicle all day without it coming anywhere near the intended address).

The couriers must provide feedback to their contracted-customers to fall within their quoted 24 or 48 hour timescales, but actually make the first delivery attempt days later (or wait for the recipients to travel to their depot to collect it in person).

Not a bad business model; just a bad business.

BFN,

fp.

I got a partial delivery from DHL, so i emailed them with the tracking number and this is the reply I received...

DHL-CRAPPY-CUSTOMER-SERVICE

Dear "fwibble"Ref 34040752480020#### I am sorry to advise this is lost … Dear "fwibble"Ref 34040752480020#### I am sorry to advise this is lost in transit

nice to be advised, I guess :|, and they also said they had attempted twice previously to deliver, which is a blatant load of ####

Original Poster

not just me then, im phoning again to complain. manager is "in a meeting" will call me back in 5 minutes. this was half an hour ago!

Original Poster

surprise surprise he is still "in a meeting"

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/tigerplank/shittylink.jpg

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts

X)

Lol this happened to us and on the system it said a card was left at our address and was pushed through a white door........ours is brown and there are no white doors by us! Why on earth they added that comment I don't know, by adding that they just proved they hadn't been!
    Anyway I called them to complain and lied and said we had a red door..........sure enough they didn't deliver I looked on the system and it said card pushed through red door lmao!!

They did get an earful for that!!

Original Poster

attempting call number 3!

Original Poster

he's "on the phone" now!

T

ham82

he's "on the phone" now!

Just tell the next person to answer you are calling bank to reclaim your payment

Original Poster

finally got hold of the elusive 'Mark'

Original Poster

about as much help as a fart in a spacesuit

Happened to me with this clown unit the other day...they were meant to collect a package, but updated the online status to missed collection when I was at home all day. Stated that the premises was closed! Needless to say, never going to use them again.

Original Poster

might get it wednesday, might get it thursday, might get it friday.

what a company!

ham82

might get it wednesday, might get it thursday, might get it friday.what a … might get it wednesday, might get it thursday, might get it friday.what a company!

and when it arrives, you mount it on wall....seconds later......insurance claim :P

Original Poster

without tv right now as the living room is being done up and so cant play the ps3!

done up? how?

Original Poster

new cupboards being built in instead of the standalone cupboard. the ceiling is being done and the floors!

Original Poster

*update* the new tracking number has been issued, however it will not register until tonight between 5-8. If this goes through I SHOULD have my item by tomorrow!!!

I'll believe it when I see it!

ham82

*update* the new tracking number has been issued, however it will not … *update* the new tracking number has been issued, however it will not register until tonight between 5-8. If this goes through I SHOULD have my item by tomorrow!!!I'll believe it when I see it!

why would you need a new tracking number????

Original Poster

coz they generate a new one every time a package is sent out they said!

(_;)

ham82

coz they generate a new one every time a package is sent out they … coz they generate a new one every time a package is sent out they said!(_;)

Should be like "pass the parcel" taking off all those stickers with tracking references.

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

Should be like "pass the parcel" taking off all those stickers with … Should be like "pass the parcel" taking off all those stickers with tracking references.BFN,fp.

lol.

that post earns this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wKVJXvn8-Lg/Rv0dnEC23XI/AAAAAAAAAI8/MYk1GHTZRvY/s400/seal.gif

Original Poster

well 19 days after this ordeal started I finally have my tv.

still making a formal complaint though!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is11
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio710
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764220
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625

See more discussions