Groups

City Link... ruined my life!

I bought a PC off ebay and have had a nightmare waiting to receive it from City Link. The seller cant really do anything as I have a tracking number and I've checked it on the website.

I've been waiting since 21/12/2010 for my PC to be delivered by City Link. I called them up so many times but there is just a voice message about high volumes of calls and to use the website to track your parcel. However, when I check the website its just stuck on Planned delivery date: Wed 22/12/2010. Today it updated to Wed 28/12/2010.

Any advice on the issue? Am I/the seller entitled to any compensation? Will I ever get my PC? This is the worst 'delivery' experience I have ever had!

55 Comments

i think we should chip in a few quid each to save this poor fellows life having been ruined?

nasty **itty link!!!

Can't you pick it up ?

CL are crap btw

You can collect it from their branch - I have done so after missing the delivery. Check if you have a branch near you although they are closed during some holidays.

Branches

a pc taking a little longer than normal to arrive and is has ruined your life?

You obviously don't have many troubles in your life for this to ruin it.

Do you suffer with impatience?
    Have an inability to observe delivery problems and think you're an exception?
    Do you find yourself constantly jumping on the spot shouting "I want it, I want it now!"

Then call " 'Where's my stuff?' lawyers for you" now and get the compensation you deserve.

After all you wouldn't want to go to the effort of delivering it yourself.

You don't really have a problem if it doesn't arrive you raise a paypal dispute and get your cash back end of. Whether your seller than get comp is t whether they paid for insurance.

Original Poster

choc1969

Can't you pick it up ?CL are crap btw

Yeah my nearest branch is Durham so its like 30 mins drive from my place (Middlesbrough). The Durham branch just seem to have shut-up-shop since the day they got my parcel. Someone said they will open on 4/1/2011... Guess I will just have to sort it out then.

Original Poster

asayer

You obviously don't have many troubles in your life for this to ruin it.

Of course I was joking! But it is very annoying.

Original Poster

freeDUMB

Do you suffer with impatience?Have an inability to observe delivery … Do you suffer with impatience?Have an inability to observe delivery problems and think you're an exception?Do you find yourself constantly jumping on the spot shouting "I want it, I want it now!"Then call " 'Where's my stuff?' lawyers for you" now and get the compensation you deserve.After all you wouldn't want to go to the effort of delivering it yourself.

Now that is funny!
    X)

Original Poster

newbie1001

You don't really have a problem if it doesn't arrive you raise a paypal … You don't really have a problem if it doesn't arrive you raise a paypal dispute and get your cash back end of. Whether your seller than get comp is t whether they paid for insurance.

Yeah raised a dispute but gonna wait until next week to see what happens.

shuwaz

I did expect as much!

I rang the head office to speak to complaints, she put me on hold for 5 minutes while she rang the Glasgow branch, said I would recieve a call from the manager within 20 minutes..........

Within 20 minutes I recieved a call from the manager who told me my package would be with me around lunchtime, at closer to 3pm (not that I am complaining) a wee guy in a car valeting van rocked up with my parcel for me.

Perhaps its head office complaints time ? I got the number off a thread in here a few days before Xmas when everyone was snowbound and worried about Xmas presents coming, dont have it now, but I am sure one of the HDUK lovelies can track it down, or you can search out the thread.

good luck getting compensation out of them

Crikey, thought you were going to say the van had run over your cat.

OK its not ideal but not really ruined your life.

So im not the only one having problems with them.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/tigerplank/shittylink.jpg

Original Poster

LOL at the above comments.

Indeed its gonna be head office complaints time! Thing is, do I give the seller negative feedback? Its not as if its directly his fault?

shuwaz

LOL at the above comments.Indeed its gonna be head office complaints … LOL at the above comments.Indeed its gonna be head office complaints time! Thing is, do I give the seller negative feedback? Its not as if its directly his fault?

ermm no, what have they done wrong? this is nearly as annoying as people giving a product a bad review on amazon for it arriving a day late.

shuwaz

LOL at the above comments.Indeed its gonna be head office complaints … LOL at the above comments.Indeed its gonna be head office complaints time! Thing is, do I give the seller negative feedback? Its not as if its directly his fault?

Don't give the seller bad feedback!!! It really annoys me when buyers leave bad feedback for the couriers fault! Don't rate the stars low either, it's not fair!!!

Original Poster

Yeah i seriously dont think i would give the seller negative feedback. But on the otherhand I cant give positive either because his communication overall has been very dismal to say the least. He only got back to me when I opened a case against him.

im having probs with city link with them returning parcels to my house! i ordered some bits from Amazon early Dec, got email from amazon offering a refund on the items as there was going to be a delay in delivery from citylink so accepted a refund. I was told if the items arrive to refuse delivery. 2 days later citylink arrived, i declined them. the guy wrote on the form that it was refused by customer. The next day the same parcel arrived again! so refused it, then on the 29th dec it arrived again so refused it again!!! Just wondering if its going to arrive at our house again or has it gone back for good? lol

Original Poster

midjet666

Don't give the seller bad feedback!!! It really annoys me when buyers … Don't give the seller bad feedback!!! It really annoys me when buyers leave bad feedback for the couriers fault! Don't rate the stars low either, it's not fair!!!

But surely if communication has been poor this has to be reflected in the appropriate section (i.e. 2 stars out of 5 for communication)?

Original Poster

CuteKitty26

im having probs with city link with them returning parcels to my house! i … im having probs with city link with them returning parcels to my house! i ordered some bits from Amazon early Dec, got email from amazon offering a refund on the items as there was going to be a delay in delivery from citylink so accepted a refund. I was told if the items arrive to refuse delivery. 2 days later citylink arrived, i declined them. the guy wrote on the form that it was refused by customer. The next day the same parcel arrived again! so refused it, then on the 29th dec it arrived again so refused it again!!! Just wondering if its going to arrive at our house again or has it gone back for good? lol

That would be quite funny if it did!

shuwaz

But surely if communication has been poor this has to be reflected in the … But surely if communication has been poor this has to be reflected in the appropriate section (i.e. 2 stars out of 5 for communication)?

Yeah that's fair enough on the comms, the delivery isn't his fault though. I had a low star on comms and delivery from a foreign buyer, I always use the automatic emailing system that they have with selling manager, and it logs when messages have been sent. It made me angry as the parcel arrived abroad in less than a week (dispatched same day) and I had sent the emails stating it had been dispatched, what else was I supposed to communicate about?!? Some buyers abuse the star system and it's not fair to sellers.

shuwaz

shuwaz

Yeah my nearest branch is Durham so its like 30 mins drive from my place … Yeah my nearest branch is Durham so its like 30 mins drive from my place (Middlesbrough). The Durham branch just seem to have shut-up-shop since the day they got my parcel. Someone said they will open on 4/1/2011... Guess I will just have to sort it out then.

If the branch is open tomorrow, let me know and i'll pick it up for the mother in laws (durham) and bring it back home with me to (boro) up to you, sav.es the journey for you

Original Poster

midjet666

Yeah that's fair enough on the comms, the delivery isn't his fault … Yeah that's fair enough on the comms, the delivery isn't his fault though. I had a low star on comms and delivery from a foreign buyer, I always use the automatic emailing system that they have with selling manager, and it logs when messages have been sent. It made me angry as the parcel arrived abroad in less than a week (dispatched same day) and I had sent the emails stating it had been dispatched, what else was I supposed to communicate about?!? Some buyers abuse the star system and it's not fair to sellers.

I remember getting neutral feedback because I didnt provide instructions for a game I sold, despite cleary indicating I wouldn't in the listing.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy

If the branch is open tomorrow, let me know and i'll pick it up for the … If the branch is open tomorrow, let me know and i'll pick it up for the mother in laws (durham) and bring it back home with me to (boro) up to you, sav.es the journey for you

Durham branch is not going to be open till Tuesday. But I have a mate who works in Durham and commutes daily... He offered to collect the item but thanks anyway. Besides, I am determined to get it delivered from them. X)

shuwaz

I remember getting neutral feedback because I didnt provide instructions … I remember getting neutral feedback because I didnt provide instructions for a game I sold, despite cleary indicating I wouldn't in the listing.

Really pees you off, doesn't it!!

City Link have been nothing short of disgraceful this Christmas.

I ordered a couple of items from Amazon via 1st class delivery on the 17th December, and the items still haven't arrived. I rang on the 24th December to check the status since I realised it wasn't going to arrive in time, and it hadn't even reached the Durham depot yet, from their Glasgow warehouse. It took a week for them to drive the items from Glasgow to Durham which takes around 2 hours, not to mention I'm not even sure if it's in the Durham depot yet. Amazon have refunded me the delivery charges mind, but that's not the point to be honest is it. They guaranteed me delivery before the 24th "despite adverse weather conditions" so it's a bit of a con really.

Parcel Force ruined my life!!!! My Kinect from the Game deal was meant to have arrived days ago!! It's been on their delivery van for days

Original Poster

TGHunter

City Link have been nothing short of disgraceful this Christmas. I … City Link have been nothing short of disgraceful this Christmas. I ordered a couple of items from Amazon via 1st class delivery on the 17th December, and the items still haven't arrived. I rang on the 24th December to check the status since I realised it wasn't going to arrive in time, and it hadn't even reached the Durham depot yet, from their Glasgow warehouse. It took a week for them to drive the items from Glasgow to Durham which takes around 2 hours, not to mention I'm not even sure if it's in the Durham depot yet. Amazon have refunded me the delivery charges mind, but that's not the point to be honest is it. They guaranteed me delivery before the 24th "despite adverse weather conditions" so it's a bit of a con really.

Yeah that really sucks!

Original Poster

jcampwala

Parcel Force ruined my life!!!! My Kinect from the Game deal was meant to … Parcel Force ruined my life!!!! My Kinect from the Game deal was meant to have arrived days ago!! It's been on their delivery van for days

Mine says its been scanned at the depot on 21/12/2010... They must be using one of those stone-age scanners with a parrallel LPT connection from back in the nineties! (_;)

Edited by: "5hooey" 1st Jan 2010

City Link are poop

Ordered next day delivery before Christmas... still waiting for the delivery...

Ordered a package from amazon on 15th december, has been sitting in a citylink depot since
    Have just received a refund from amazon this evening as package declared lost, shame citylink didn't listen to the weather forecast.

Original Poster

J_B

City Link are poopOrdered next day delivery before Christmas... still … City Link are poopOrdered next day delivery before Christmas... still waiting for the delivery...

lol @ poop!

Original Poster

Bully

Ordered a package from amazon on 15th december, has been sitting in a … Ordered a package from amazon on 15th december, has been sitting in a citylink depot sinceHave just received a refund from amazon this evening as package declared lost, shame citylink didn't listen to the weather forecast.

Err... nice picture, i think?

shuwaz

Err... nice picture, i think?

No it was a Philips hi-fi

TGHunter

City Link have been nothing short of disgraceful this Christmas. I … City Link have been nothing short of disgraceful this Christmas. I ordered a couple of items from Amazon via 1st class delivery on the 17th December, and the items still haven't arrived. I rang on the 24th December to check the status since I realised it wasn't going to arrive in time, and it hadn't even reached the Durham depot yet, from their Glasgow warehouse. It took a week for them to drive the items from Glasgow to Durham which takes around 2 hours, not to mention I'm not even sure if it's in the Durham depot yet. Amazon have refunded me the delivery charges mind, but that's not the point to be honest is it. They guaranteed me delivery before the 24th "despite adverse weather conditions" so it's a bit of a con really.

Glasgow to Durham takes 2 hours!!! Would love to know which route you go.

Original Poster

ryouga

Glasgow to Durham takes 2 hours!!! Would love to know which route you go.

LOL... perhaps you could do it in two hours by train.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2492
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today33

See more discussions