City of the dead tour, Edinburgh............. Scary or not?

Found 10th Jan 2012
Hi all!
Off to Edinburgh in april and going to book one of the city of the dead tours (the double dead one, linkyhttp://www.blackhart.uk.com/doubledead.html) Just wondering if anyone here has been on it and if yes is it scary?
Community Updates
MiscEdinburgh
11 Comments
lazy link here
Never been but I do like scary things, actually i'll rephrase that. I like the though of scary things but if it looks tooo scary when I get there, I always bottle it X)
loulou11

Never been but I do like scary things, actually i'll rephrase that. I … Never been but I do like scary things, actually i'll rephrase that. I like the though of scary things but if it looks tooo scary when I get there, I always bottle it X)

i'm kind of the same! had to email the tour people to ask if my girls were old enough, lol. they replied definately no under 10's but my two should be ok (12 and15) so can't be stupidly scary i suppose

Edited by: "missp27" 10th Jan 2012

The worst of both possible worlds. This tour goes into two of the most … The worst of both possible worlds. This tour goes into two of the most haunted places on the planet - the South Bridge Vaults AND the Covenanter’s Prison in Greyfriars Graveyard.

I've seen numerous ghost documentaries on TV which specifically mention the Covenanter’s Prison in Greyfriars Graveyard. People report mysterious happenings (attacks, scratches, hair pulling, voices in ear etc) while on this part of the tour. In fact, I vaguely remember it being reported that people regularly refuse to continue (walk off) the tour at this point.

...one quick google later and I can confirm I am referring to the infamous 'MacKenzie Poltergeist' that is said to haunt the Graveyard.
Dead scary.
oO *GULP*

Was hoping it was all just hype..... oO

Edited by: "missp27" 10th Jan 2012
By the sounds of it I may not survive long enough to see the pandas the next day
Would love to go on one of these and be scared chitless. I'd probably just think it was funny though watching everyone else bricking it. Which reminds me of the Terror at Church Street Station in Orlando, quite possibly the funniest 30 minutes of my life.
Edited by: "greg_68" 10th Jan 2012
greg_68

Would love to go on one of these and be scared chitless. I'd probably … Would love to go on one of these and be scared chitless. I'd probably just think it was funny though watching everyone else bricking it. Which reminds me of the Terror at Church Street Station, quite possibly the funniest 30 minutes of my life.

You can take my place if you like, my girls really want to go on this so I have no choice oO I'd be fine if it was only a bit creepy!
Just don't do as I did on a tour of the haunted house at universal studios, I'm a bit of a wuss, so held my husbands hand all the way round, breathed a sigh of relief as I passed the last scary figure that I thought was a statue and then all hell broke loose, the statue came to life and lunged after me, grabbing my shoulder, I turned around saw this weird bloodstained bloke holding an axe, let out a huge scream and whacked him full in the face oO
Only ghost walk I've done was round St.Ives with 'Shanty Baba'. Was actually quite good fun, and not exactly scary, more atmospheric. Was interesting and I would say go for the Edinburgh one as there's probably some great stories connected to that area.
Also, think a lot of it depends on who you're with also - there was a couple on our tour who nearly wet themselves!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants