Citylink?? Awful John Lewis parcel missing.

Found 10th Jan 2013
Right where do i start...

I need some advice guys. I placed an order with John Lewis on sunday for next day delivery. I expected this to come on tuesday...tuesday arrives no parcel. Ring up JL and re-scheduled for wednesday. Fine. Wait till wednesday still jo parcel and then before i ring JL i find out Citylink have delivered my item and it has been signed by someone else and not delivered to me?

I ring JL up and they said the parcel has been delivered. I inform them its not with me so where is the item. To cut a story short I need to know whether I am going to be out of pocket here in this situation as someone has signed for my parcel and stolen my item and whether JL will be able to do anything here?

I am very worried as this was a large order and I wish I went in store first.

Any thought? Worried here that I have lost out here?

34 Comments

"Citylink?? Awful John Lewis parcel missing"

Thank God it was an awful parcel and not a good one then!

A citylink driver left a parcel on my doorstep, only I didnt know about this until a week later. Parcel had been nicked by a neigbour (and caught red handed! cctv rules! woohoo)

anyway, I rang city link who within 5 mins emailed me a photo of the parcel sat by my front door. so give em a ring. john lewis should refund straight away!

As long as you didn't **** up putting in your address when you ordered it you will be fine and get your money or correct item. CityLink did this once before I kid you not thankfully the guy refused the delivery so not a lot of hassle in the end but check this out......where they tried to deliver it, it was in a town about 50 miles away from where I live how can they **** up that bad? I do not know but bottom line is you will be fine, not your name and signarture would have signed for it and obviously wrong address so City Link will have to accept liability here.

City link have the proof of delivery. They know where they sent it and who signed for it.

Your local depot should be your first port of call.

If you or no one in your household have signed for the item you have nothing to worry about. It is clear case of fraud and/or theft.

Check with neighbours though in case it has been left with one of them.

If is upto JL to ensure you have safe receipt of the goods you have paid for. If you haven't received it, you should have a strong, firm but a polite discussion with JL. Usually they are very good at sorting these things out.

I hope if all works out for you.

Original Poster

I contacted the manager today after being put through to customer service. The parcel definetely didn't arrive with me. I checked with my next door neighbours and the same number door on another street that gets mixed up sometime snd they haven't got it. I am really frustrated and have had no response from customer service.

The manager i spoke to said he will be looking into it tomorrow so I said i will be chasing this up as there is no way i am accepting this especially as i paid lots for this order. This hasn't happen before and the only time i recall was when my neighbour signed for it but at least it was my neighbour.

I just hope I am not out of pocket in this.

I have tried calling citylink and have escalated this further in the depot but havent had a response from them. Really going round in circles.

Ask them for a copy of your signature to be e-mailed to you .I had a similar thing years ago with Littlewoods saying a parcel had been delivered and signed for but I hadn't had it. I asked them to check my signature as its quite distinctive and I always sign the same way, and when they checked it was signed in capitals. They said they could see it clearly wasn't my signature and said they would investigate, it turned out the delivery driver had thrown it over the fence of a back garden of a house of the same door number in a road round the corner they always get my road confused with. As a few days later someone turned up with the stuff from this house saying they'd found it in the back garden.I also had the owner of the delivery company on my doorstep trying to accuse me of lying about not getting the parcel. He had the driver who's supposed to have delivered it on the mobile and he said to me he says he left it in your back garden to which I replied "show me how he got into my back garden as I'm mid-terrace with no rear access and I could have your driver for forging my signature" to which he shouted at the driver and walked off ! I hope you get it sorted OP.

Edited by: "Mumofth3Obeast" 10th Jan 2013

If you can't get anywhere with John Lewis CS (or City Link if you decide to contact them), contact Andy Street, John Lewis managing director to complain.

Original Poster

Don't suppose you have contact details for this? You can PM if you like. It is really strange I would never steal anything from anyone but reslly surprised someone would sign for something that clearly isn't theirs.

I just want some assurancr from JL that this gets resolved as I am out of pocket at the moment with no goods to show for it. The customer service is appalling who really can't do anything for me so angry why do JL agree to use Citylink in the first place is beyond me.

I'm sure as a consumer I have a right to expect my goods. Apparently there is a interview process being looked at tomorrow with Citylink but what happens if they can't locate my parcel?

I think this will be the last time I order anything online should really have used click and collect.

gosh that is real bad op i do hope you get it sorted

stretfordend2008

Don't suppose you have contact details for this? You can PM if you like. … Don't suppose you have contact details for this? You can PM if you like. It is really strange I would never steal anything from anyone but reslly surprised someone would sign for something that clearly isn't theirs. I just want some assurancr from JL that this gets resolved as I am out of pocket at the moment with no goods to show for it. The customer service is appalling who really can't do anything for me so angry why do JL agree to use Citylink in the first place is beyond me.I'm sure as a consumer I have a right to expect my goods. Apparently there is a interview process being looked at tomorrow with Citylink but what happens if they can't locate my parcel?I think this will be the last time I order anything online should really have used click and collect.

I agree that the online customer service was not great when I had to deal with them. They were friendly enough but they weren't able to resolve the situation because they didn't have access to the correct information. At one point I was told Hermes don't supply a contact number so I just have to wait and see what happens! This on an order just before Christmas.

As soon as I emailed Andy Street it got handed to someone at head office level who was able to speak to Hermes.. they assured JL who in turn told me that the item would arrive by the 22nd December. When it didn't I ended up dealing with someone in JL distribution on Christmas Eve and a replacement was arranged and arrived later that day. Excellent customer service considering the item was out of stock and was replaced by a higher value alternative.

It's a shame that they use poor couriers that let down what their brand stands for but I suppose you have to consider that the percentage of problems is probably quite low. I did tell them that I will only be using click and collect in future.

I will send a pm with the email addresses.

Don't chase City link.

Your contract is with John Lewis.. They are responsible for the package getting to you.

Original Poster

Thanks Knack i really appreciate it. I have used around £20.00 over my contract bill just to ring JL so this is turning into one hell of a experience. I haven't had one like this every it just seems mad that a big company like JL would use such a poor courier company.

In my current line of work we use TNT,UPS and DHL and never had a parcel misplaced and they alway take the address contact details should they not be able to locate the house. I just hope I get a goodwill gesture too but the most important would be my parcel as mentioned this is theft which I wouldn't take lightly. If JL manage to sort this I will be using click and collect I think a much safer option.

Original Poster

I won't be chasing Citylink on this I know my contract is with John Lewis
I have escolated with Citylink but not holding my breath on them coming back to me.

This happened to me once, somebody had signed it elsewhere in my town, it was a name I recognised - I contacted John Lewis, they managed to get the parcel to me eventually and gave me £30 refund - the parcel was only worth £60.

Jetpac

Don't chase City link.Your contract is with John Lewis.. They are … Don't chase City link.Your contract is with John Lewis.. They are responsible for the package getting to you.

meh, When my parcel got stolen, M&S refunded me in full -straight away. However, I want the creep who took the parcel to do at least a month in prison! So got the photo and tracking details from citylink, which the police took as evidence and the guy pleaded guilty in court.

...but if I dont post anymore, you can bet my neighbour has got out of prison and killed me. I should really think about getting life insurance, and a decent baseball bat.

Original Poster

RosieWoo

This happened to me once, somebody had signed it elsewhere in my town, it … This happened to me once, somebody had signed it elsewhere in my town, it was a name I recognised - I contacted John Lewis, they managed to get the parcel to me eventually and gave me £30 refund - the parcel was only worth £60.

My order was around 700.00 so I hope I don't lose out? Really worried about this at the moment dent in my fund at the moment.

stretfordend2008

My order was around 700.00 so I hope I don't lose out? Really worried … My order was around 700.00 so I hope I don't lose out? Really worried about this at the moment dent in my fund at the moment.

You won't lose out they have excellent customer service, make sure you send them a snotty email saying things like "I expected excellent and efficient customer service from a company like John Lewis, I bought from you because of your good reputation but I doubt I will be doing it again if this is what happens. I am really disappointed." Oh and if it's possible say that the item was a gift and now it's too late and you ruined X person's birthday, works a treat

Don't beg for money but basically let them know they are going to lose your custom

Original Poster

Thanks Knack for the emails via PM.

I have sent a long email and very detailed with my ongoing experience with this order. I have mentioned the online customer service, my experience ruined and despite me asking TWICE no email confirmation my order...I don't think I have ever shopped online without a confirmation order hell...even ebay do it and people slate ebay....I would have got my order ages ago if I ebay'd this.

Anyway hopefully this can resolved quickly. I never beg for money just wanted my order as expected didn't expect to be let down by John Lewis of all people as in store I can't complain with their service. I have explained losing my customs as I was going to place another big order after this but depending on what gets done I will have to think twice.

Thanks for your help guys if you have any other methods to help I would appreciate it. Any contacts to get this escalated would help

I avoid citylink whenever possible,depot is in the middle of nowhere and when you go they probably can't find the package anyway

think you need to take a deep breath and calm down
problem on wednesday
have a fit the next day

give JL a chance to put things right and maybe even citylink
if they get back to you and tell you its your fault then post again but until then ... nothing needed as wont happen.

CityLink left a £700 parcel on your doorstep?

Original Poster

No. I have checked and haven't received anything so going to wait and see what response I get.

I had same problem had parcel delivered to someone else , the parcel was signed for so they will be able to track down who signed for it and then retrieve it that's what they did with me so I wouldn't worry to much

iAmLegendFam

CityLink left a £700 parcel on your doorstep?

How would City Link know the value?

Original Poster

Just had a call from JL saying its been looked into.

Don't know how long this will take.

oh gosh they left it on someones door step and it was valued at £700 gosh that is not good i do hope you get it sorted op i can understand it can be worrying and stressful for you

Banned

Gosh

Original Poster

Been told there is no news another 24-48 hours.

Citylink left a parcel from marks & spencer on my doorstep and took a photo of it sitting there. Predictably it got stolen. Marks & spencer weren't even surprised!

Original Poster

so finally I thought I am getting somewhere but obvious not.

Short version had call from regional manager after directly emailing managing director. He said order will be ready to collect later on today he just needs to confirm if this is all ok. Then gives me an order number. All is going well until he doesn't ring me back at 3.00 when he said he will and I chased up now he is saying can't release the item until we know where it is with City Link. How long does it take to locate a bleeding parcel? In the company I work for we have trackers and can see where items have got to if they go missing and these get resolved very quickly but very rarely do these cases happen and even if they do we release one from our stock and claim through the courier which may take longer but at least you know the customer will come back.

I have had to follow this up again with Andy but very disappointed here. Never had this before whether I have ordered a £10.00 item or £1000.00 item. Priority is not being considered and unfortunately it is very difficult to stay calm when I know someone has stolen my item without enough urgency being provided to locate this quickly.

Original Poster

I have managed to sort this out. The person who signed for my item has handed me my parcel and i have told john lewis this news.

Got a call today from the manager who said they will refund me the price match and an extra £30.00 for the convience caused so all in all it worked out.

So who was it that signed for your items and why has it taken them nearly 3 days to give them to you oO
Edited by: "bossyboots" 13th Jan 2013

Original Poster

No idea who it was but something must of happened for them to give me my item.

Apparently the worst thing about this is this person didn't even live on my ROAD!
He was around half an hour from where we live. I found that hilarious that a courier could delivery the item nowhere near the destination. I am not worried about this anyway just make sure I don't use Citylink again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants