cj affiliates / conversant

Found 30th May
Just wondering if the above are trustworthy?
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Google it, I did and I wouldn't touch them with Your bargepole!
mrty23 m ago

Google it, I did and I wouldn't touch them with Your bargepole!

Thanks. Never heard of them until I clicked a link in here.
Guess I'll have to go directly to a site and search for any deals I find in here instead of clicking the link.
jimmy_the_fridge4 m ago

Thanks. Never heard of them until I clicked a link in here.Guess I'll have …Thanks. Never heard of them until I clicked a link in here.Guess I'll have to go directly to a site and search for any deals I find in here instead of clicking the link.

the way the site works is through using affilate links, thats how they get paid, if you dont click the link on here the site would disappear. Afflilate links are used by most websites, click on the adverts and the site gets paid, cash back sites use them as well. Nothing to be concerned about just how sites works. you get nothing for nothing
Edited by: "eslick" 30th May
eslick5 m ago

the way the site works is through using affilate links, thats how they get …the way the site works is through using affilate links, thats how they get paid, if you dont click the link on here the site would disappear. Afflilate links are used by most websites, click on the adverts and the site gets paid, cash back sites use them as well. Nothing to be concerned about just how sites works. you get nothing for nothing

Yes I understand that but am a little concerned about how much data they gather.
jimmy_the_fridge6 m ago

Yes I understand that but am a little concerned about how much data they …Yes I understand that but am a little concerned about how much data they gather.

since we come through here they should be sticking to the information on the privacy policy are they not doing that?

hotukdeals.com/pri…icy
eslick17 m ago

since we come through here they should be sticking to the information on …since we come through here they should be sticking to the information on the privacy policy are they not doing that? https://www.hotukdeals.com/privacy-policy

If I knew that I wouldn't have posted the question
jimmy_the_fridge32 m ago

If I knew that I wouldn't have posted the question

but thats not your original question

@magicjay1986 good question with the changes last week.
Commission Junction are a massive company. All they should store is your visit and the date of it so the can pay HukD commision if you buy something from the click.
eslick27 m ago

but thats not your original question @magicjay1986 good question with …but thats not your original question @magicjay1986 good question with the changes last week.

It pretty much was the question.
4TheMenyNotTheFew28 m ago

Commission Junction are a massive company. All they should store is your …Commission Junction are a massive company. All they should store is your visit and the date of it so the can pay HukD commision if you buy something from the click.

Thanks.
I just wanted to know if they sell or pass on the data to others.
jimmy_the_fridge25 m ago

It pretty much was the question.

might have been in your mind but asking "Just wondering if the above are trustworthy?" really needed adding more information as you did later hopefully @magicjay1986 will be able to set your mind at rest but since the data passed will be just tracking data I bet you are ok.

I would be more worried on the other sites you visit, Huffington Post pass your data yo 430 + companies and never mind how good the new regulations are most people will get sick of clicking the extra buttons quickly to stop companies tracking them but huess by your comments you wont be one of them :):)
eslick46 m ago

might have been in your mind but asking "Just wondering if the above are …might have been in your mind but asking "Just wondering if the above are trustworthy?" really needed adding more information as you did later hopefully @magicjay1986 will be able to set your mind at rest but since the data passed will be just tracking data I bet you are ok. I would be more worried on the other sites you visit, Huffington Post pass your data yo 430 + companies and never mind how good the new regulations are most people will get sick of clicking the extra buttons quickly to stop companies tracking them but huess by your comments you wont be one of them :):)

good to know. thanks.
I don't mind ppl knowing I buy crotchless knickers but I'd hate them to know they were xtra large.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions