Claiming from Royal Mail

Anyone who has claimed before, How long does the whole compensation claim take? if i get any that is.

thanks in advance
x

19 Comments

As long as you send all the evidence they need (receipt, proof of value etc) - normally 2/3 weeks from experience?

Original Poster

lovely thanks! x

Take your documents to your city's Post Office HQ, otherwise they may get lost in the mail

Original Poster

i sent it recorded delivery to the main ho address on the form

My claim took just over 5 weeks, from submitting to receiving the compensation-with all the necessary info. enclosed.

Banned

claimed a few times and can take up to 3 months

Bri8463;6786638

My claim took just over 5 weeks, from submitting to receiving the … My claim took just over 5 weeks, from submitting to receiving the compensation-with all the necessary info. enclosed.

csiman;6786672

Wow! So I was lucky in a sense then :thumbsup:

csiman;6786672

+1

Just get the form from the PO, fill it in and return it to the PO.
Make sure you include the original reciept.

(take a scan o f it for your record.)

if its an ebay item include a print out of the auction and a print of the paypal reciept.

Original Poster

it was from someone from here that bought an item from me and it didn't turn up, this was during the postal strike. she says she wants a refund now, but tbh i don't want to give one until i know she has done all the necessary part of signing forms and what not that royal mail will send her, or she could just not bother.
do you think im being unfair? i feel a bit mean, but its not my fault royal mail lost it is it?? I'm not sure what to do really?

Thats harsh.

Ella'sMummy;6786806

it was from someone from here that bought an item from me and it didn't … it was from someone from here that bought an item from me and it didn't turn up, this was during the postal strike. she says she wants a refund now, but tbh i don't want to give one until i know she has done all the necessary part of signing forms and what not that royal mail will send her, or she could just not bother. do you think im being unfair? i feel a bit mean, but its not my fault royal mail lost it is it?? I'm not sure what to do really?

Has it been 15 days since sending?

I think if you didn't send recorded you'll have to refund after the 15 days (I think thats what I've gathered from here now) and send in the claim.

From what I remember the buyer doesn't receive anything from Royal Mail (although RM say on the form they do)....can anyone confirm this?

Original Poster

vengod;6786832

Thats harsh.

what a helpful post thankyou

Ella'sMummy;6786853

what a helpful post thankyou

You're welcome - have a good day.

Original Poster

i just sent it standard parcels it has been 15 days today (i posted it yesterday with today's date on) i guess ive learnt that next time i will send recorded!

Ella'sMummy;6786886

i just sent it standard parcels it has been 15 days today (i posted it … i just sent it standard parcels it has been 15 days today (i posted it yesterday with today's date on) i guess ive learnt that next time i will send recorded!

Might be just worth issuing the refund hun, saves a lot of hassle in the long run honestly (past experience) and as long as you keep on top of RM you should get your refund - make sure you did send proof of postage and proof of the items value or they'll just send stamps

Original Poster

thanks sazzy think i will just issue the refund to be fair, its not worth the hassle. I sent all the bits i needed to so hopefully it wont take 3 months! thanks for your help

xx

when we recieve damaged fishing rods from ebay we got a refund from the seller and then about 3 months later royal mail sent us a form about the damaged goods, so they do send them out in my experience, just not very quickly lol

ilovepink;6786925

when we recieve damaged fishing rods from ebay we got a refund from the … when we recieve damaged fishing rods from ebay we got a refund from the seller and then about 3 months later royal mail sent us a form about the damaged goods, so they do send them out in my experience, just not very quickly lol

Damage might be different to loss?

Ella'sMummy;6786923

thanks sazzy think i will just issue the refund to be fair, its not worth … thanks sazzy think i will just issue the refund to be fair, its not worth the hassle. I sent all the bits i needed to so hopefully it wont take 3 months! thanks for your help xx

If it was for a fair amount, I'd keep on top of them weekly with all the strikes going on. Good luck xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846090
    2. What an absolute disgrace2158
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764007
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??66

See more discussions