Claiming from royal mail ?

i traded a game on here and the other person has not recieved the parcel i sent.
i have downloaded the claim form from rm's website, i posted it 1st class and obtained a proof of posting certificate
The question i have is how much do i put the claim in for?, the game was brand new and i have the delivery reciept to say how much i paid for it.
Will royal mail pay out the purchase price i paid ??
Or am i just gonna get my postage cost back.........

18 Comments

Put a claim for the full amount- i've never had a problem. Think you're insured for up to £41. Sometimes they write to the recipient to check that they've not received it, so make sure they do that.

Banned

youll get it all back providings its under 39 quiddage

Original Poster

awesome, cheers 4 the info rep left

Banned

As far as I'm aware, they send out a questionnaire, the amount covered will reflect your loss, not that of the maximum you could expect to gain.

I'm sure there is/was a section relating to online sales e.g. ebay/auctions etc and requesting that you enter the buyers price.

Start telling porkies and you could end up with nothing.

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;8469779

As far as I'm aware, they send out a questionnaire, the amount covered … As far as I'm aware, they send out a questionnaire, the amount covered will reflect your loss, not that of the maximum you could expect to gain.I'm sure there is/was a section relating to online sales e.g. ebay/auctions etc and requesting that you enter the buyers price.Start telling porkies and you could end up with nothing.

Thats the thing as i traded it for another game i have no sell on price,
I only have the price i paid for it ??

good luck with getting anything back,

i've just a had a claim against them loosing a xbox 360 faceplate on ebay. sent them all the details, print off from ebay, paypal receipts, etc and all i got back was a book of six first class stamps and a crappy sorry letter...

back to a previous thread about royal mail being rubbish....

send in proof of price print of a page from a site where you can buy it brand new. they are compensating you for the price it takes to replace the item not the price of the actual item

also dont tell them you were trading/selling it, you were sending it to a friend

Banned

lastlaststar;8469878

good luck with getting anything back, i've just a had a claim against … good luck with getting anything back, i've just a had a claim against them loosing a xbox 360 faceplate on ebay. sent them all the details, print off from ebay, paypal receipts, etc and all i got back was a book of six first class stamps and a crappy sorry letter... back to a previous thread about royal mail being rubbish....

you need a receipt thats why or you get stamps......no receipt no refund

Banned

When did the trade take place, are you claiming too early ?

dmissy13;8469891

send in proof of price print of a page from a site where you can buy it … send in proof of price print of a page from a site where you can buy it brand new. they are compensating you for the price it takes to replace the item not the price of the actual itemalso dont tell them you were trading/selling it, you were sending it to a friend

^^^ this, a page out of an argos catalogue is what I use (if they sell it of course)

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;8469949

When did the trade take place, are you claiming too early ?

i have to wait till may 4th, just getting the claim ready:thumbsup:

I heard they just give you the amount in stamps now, no money, as a way of getting out of paying out, so you've been warned!

Original Poster

richx45;8470004

I heard they just give you the amount in stamps now, no money, as a way … I heard they just give you the amount in stamps now, no money, as a way of getting out of paying out, so you've been warned!

What £30 odd in stamps:w00t:

Anyone wanna buy some cheap stamps

junkenstein73;8470042

What £30 odd in stamps:w00t:

I wouldn't put anything past the royal mail, it would save them a ton of money just to fob you off with stamps, had 2 friends who have pacels gone missing, both got a load of stamps as a refund for the items, I'm just saying, don't *expect* cold hard cash, you might be dissapointed!

:roll:

Banned

you will receive a cheque for the amount on the recieipt if you follow the procedure correctly.

the only people that receive stamps are the people who dont read the rules and provide what is REQUIRED not pages from a bleedin catalogue.....although u may occasionally get lucky

casparwhite;8470307

you will receive a cheque for the amount on the recieipt if you follow … you will receive a cheque for the amount on the recieipt if you follow the procedure correctly.the only people that receive stamps are the people who dont read the rules and provide what is REQUIRED not pages from a bleedin catalogue.....although u may occasionally get lucky

i have done this for years with ebay sales and never had a problem i always received a full refund at the replacement price must be at least 20 times now

Banned

I had to make a claim against RM when the postie folded a 12" record in half so he could post it through the letterbox rather than take it back to the depot. They sent a cheque, not stamps, but that was a while ago.

I've had a game I posted go missing and they sent me a letter asking for confirmation when the intended receiver made a claim.

Banned

richx45;8470004

I heard they just give you the amount in stamps now, no money, as a way … I heard they just give you the amount in stamps now, no money, as a way of getting out of paying out, so you've been warned!

you heard wrong then!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3331199
    2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044
    3. What is there free to do in your town?1422
    4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…57

See more discussions