Expired

Claiming PPI - Car Insurance?

Found 2nd Jul 2012
Has anyone had a successful PPI claim up in here?

If so, are any of you aware if you can claim back against your car insurance?
Community Updates
13 Comments
Have you tried ringing the FSA? they are very helpful.
I might just do that on my dinner. Cheers mate
my daughter is a PPI claims handler , will ask her today and get back to you
gilly22

my daughter is a PPI claims handler , will ask her today and get back to … my daughter is a PPI claims handler , will ask her today and get back to you

waiting to hear from you
gilly22

my daughter is a PPI claims handler , will ask her today and get back to … my daughter is a PPI claims handler , will ask her today and get back to you

Will you? Thank you Gilly
Please explain a bit more what you mean about being able to claim against the car insurance?
Someone told me that they claimed back the PPI they were mis-sold for their loan a few years back, and when I took my car insurance out over the weekend I was offered payment protection insurance and it got me thinking whether or not I had it last year as my car insurance was very expensive
she starts work at 10.30am so will email her and post her reply
PM me if you can gilly when you hear from her. thank you
sorry for the delay, on the day i emailed her they were all sent home due to no water in the offices, something to do with health & safety ....and its the first day back today.....will PM as soon as i hear & post to the board incase anyone else is interested
I'm still interested
No need to use a claims handler, they will get a large chunk of the PPI premiums refund for doing absolutely nothing. It is easy to claim yourself. If you don't get a decision in your favour from the firm that advised you to take out the PPI policy, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to adjudicate (they are a free service).
Hi, have just spoken to my daughter, she says she has never been made aware at work of PPI on car insurance,so her company has never dealt with it, she doesn't see how ppi would work on car insurance as it would be an 'insurance' on an 'insurance' and ppi is normally only taken out on a 'credit' agreement ie loan, mortgage, car finance etc not on actual insurance payments.She said it would only take 1 minute to find out and to ring the financial ombusman on 08000 234 567, they will advise you straight away if it is possible and start the claim for you free of charge, hope that helps

Another interesting fact is that her particular company don't deal with PPI claims on car finance or store cards.....the reason being is that the car finance company blame the banks for the ppi and the bank blames the finance company so too much of a battle, same with store cards apparently ie next blames the bank & visa versa...:)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions