Claire's accessories - Lousy Customer service

Returned a defective hair clip to Claire's accessories in high street coventry...over priced and poor quality. I was shocked when the sales assistant suggested that the faulty item was due to the fact that perhaps my daughter had "thick hair". I asked if that meant that Claire's accessories only catered for Caucasian hair and not any other ethnic hair group. Eventually got a replacement item but won't be shopping at Claire's accessories in future as they have zero customer service, goods over priced and poor quality and poorly trained staff and management

20 Comments

I've had same issue with a French roll clip from clares, wouldn't work, and my hair isn't thick at all, the clip was rubbish

Firstly, I have "reported" this thread so it may be moved from the (site's) "Feedback" Forum to the "Misc" Forum.

cambridge1

...I was shocked when the sales assistant suggested that the faulty item … ...I was shocked when the sales assistant suggested that the faulty item was due to the fact that perhaps my daughter had "thick hair". I asked if that meant that Claire's accessories only catered for Caucasian hair and not any other ethnic hair group...

Why did you assume that the sales assistance was targeting one or more specific ethnic groups from a single comment about the thickness of your daughter's hair?

Perhaps their products are just made cheaply & are consequently a poor quality as they only cope with thinner hair.

Don't look for racist comments where they may not exist, & maybe we can all get along on equal terms.

Unbelievable, a simple comment about hair thickness is assumed to be racism. Customers like you OP are a joke, you don't deserve good customer service.

have to agree - this just sounds like crap customer service - nothing to do with racism!

A racist hair clip, whatever next oO

Caucasian? Do people from Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan etc have especially thin hair? I didn't think we had enough immigrants from that region to be able to prop up a nationwide hair accessories chain on their own.

'Over price and poor quality' why did you buy it then!?

Then you get a replacement! Why not ask for a refund.

So how does asking about a returned product make for 'lousy customer service'? Many would see the interest in the products as a positive point.

As above, don't be so easily offended.

Comment

cambridge1

...I was shocked when the sales assistant suggested that the faulty item … ...I was shocked when the sales assistant suggested that the faulty item was due to the fact that perhaps my daughter had "thick hair". I asked if that meant that Claire's accessories only catered for Caucasian hair and not any other ethnic hair group...

GoatzRus

Unbelievable, a simple comment about hair thickness is assumed to be … Unbelievable, a simple comment about hair thickness is assumed to be racism. Customers like you OP are a joke, you don't deserve good customer service.

+1

Banned

That turned out well then OP.

I'll swap your daughter thick hair for my baldy head and will deal with the complaint for free. I've returned many items to Claire's after realising that once I got home I was in fact bald and male.

I experience baldism on a daily basis but I'm used to handling it, it just goes smoothly over the top of my head.

spaceinvader

I'll swap your daughter thick hair for my baldy head and will deal with … I'll swap your daughter thick hair for my baldy head and will deal with the complaint for free. I've returned many items to Claire's after realising that once I got home I was in fact bald and male. I experience baldism on a daily basis but I'm used to handling it, it just goes smoothly over the top of my head.

racist!

:P

StevenBrown

racist!:P

It's sad that you only hate me because I'm bald

Ghandi once said:

The hairy can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the bald.

I forgive you brother.

If it was overpriced and poor quality then why buy it?? At least you got it exchanged,I would have asked for a refund.

spaceinvader

I'll swap your daughter thick hair for my baldy head and will deal with … I'll swap your daughter thick hair for my baldy head and will deal with the complaint for free. I've returned many items to Claire's after realising that once I got home I was in fact bald and male. I experience baldism on a daily basis but I'm used to handling it, it just goes smoothly over the top of my head.

I think they sell sticky gem stones for putting on nails, you could put them on your head to emphasise the shine

Error440

I think they sell sticky gem stones for putting on nails, you could put … I think they sell sticky gem stones for putting on nails, you could put them on your head to emphasise the shine

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/334/U-WOT-M8.jpg

spaceinvader

It's sad that you only hate me because I'm bald :(Ghandi once said:The … It's sad that you only hate me because I'm bald :(Ghandi once said:The hairy can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the bald.I forgive you brother.

I too am follically challenged

Claire's is overpriced for what it is but up to individual if they want to shop there for full priced items. There is a lot more shops that sell a lot similar lines for a lot less, such as Primark.

StevenBrown

I too am follically challenged

Collapses on the floor and weeps in sympathy for my baldy brethren

WE. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.

As for the staff have found them good in there, they very good if you wanting ear piercing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions