Clapforourcarers 8pm tonight!

Posted 26th Mar
Are you up for this HUKD?

People in the UK are preparing to thank National Health Service (NHS) workers with a nationwide round of applause.

It was the idea of Dutch yoga instructor Annemarie Plas who wanted to show doctors, nurses, GPs and carers some national gratitude.

Her suggestion was picked up and supported by the likes of Victoria Beckham and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

People are being ask to clap from their front doors, gardens, balconies, wherever they may be, at 20:00 local time.

Worth a mention on the front page Mods so as much support can be shown as possible?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Shout out to my Mrs and our Niece who both work for the NHS
When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? Its all just for Facebook likes!
40194801-RPZkr.jpg
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 26th Mar
37 Comments
Shout out to my Mrs and our Niece who both work for the NHS
When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? Its all just for Facebook likes!
Postmen and women?
Yes me too, I work in the Construction industry.

Oh yes... we are not trying to save the life of many patients every day that have this killer virus.

Genuine post, not asking for likes but thanks for your help.
tom2kadd126/03/2020 14:14

When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? I …When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? Its all just for Facebook likes!

Edited by: "snoopy18" 26th Mar
All you people saying about why not clap my job, a postmen or a binman etc while vital jobs and are appreciated it’s hardly frontline where it is impossible to practice social distancing
Go out and give yourselves a big round of applause later if it makes you feel better

When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? I …When’s the clap for the bin men? Or the gas engineers? Or the mechanics? Its all just for Facebook likes!

Ohhh I'm a mechanic beavering away can I have the clap as well
suejb226/03/2020 14:20

Postmen and women?

Stop bringing me credit card statements & bills & we'll have a rethink
I don't want the clap, nasty it is.
Edited by: "brailer" 26th Mar
brailer26/03/2020 15:18

I don't want the clap, nasty it is.

Clapforourcarers 8pm tonight!

I must admit I thought it was another freebie.
cuzzy26/03/2020 15:26

Clapforourcarers 8pm tonight!I must admit I thought it was another …Clapforourcarers 8pm tonight!I must admit I thought it was another freebie.

It is
There is no need to clap, just slap their face with £10,000 each.
snoopy1826/03/2020 14:48

All you people saying about why not clap my job, a postmen or a binman etc …All you people saying about why not clap my job, a postmen or a binman etc while vital jobs and are appreciated it’s hardly frontline where it is impossible to practice social distancing Go out and give yourselves a big round of applause later if it makes you feel better

Anyone would think they didn’t get to choose that path of compassion! I admire the nhs workers, but I also admire all the other professions that keep the country running! The nhs couldn’t run without the cleaners for example! Why not a clap for everyone! Although that sounds just as cringe as clapfofcarers 😬
tom2kadd126/03/2020 17:01

Anyone would think they didn’t get to choose that path of compassion! I a …Anyone would think they didn’t get to choose that path of compassion! I admire the nhs workers, but I also admire all the other professions that keep the country running! The nhs couldn’t run without the cleaners for example! Why not a clap for everyone! Although that sounds just as cringe as clapfofcarers 😬

The cleaners have definitely got my utmost respect as have supermarket workers etc
Ah, here we are, just tried to post this in deals, then got shunted into discussions, and then deleted because its here...
40194801-RPZkr.jpg
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 26th Mar

Yes, if you fall ill with this virus, we'll send the refuse men over to scrape you up....
Pretty sure wherever Victoria Beckham lives nowadays no one is going to hear he clapping apart from David & the kids.
Gollywood26/03/2020 18:33

Yes, if you fall ill with this virus, we'll send the refuse men over to …Yes, if you fall ill with this virus, we'll send the refuse men over to scrape you up....

I can't wrap my head around this, yes, everyone is important (deep sigh) but does a bin man risk his life to save your life, or your kid's life?
zcaprd726/03/2020 18:48

I can't wrap my head around this, yes, everyone is important (deep sigh) …I can't wrap my head around this, yes, everyone is important (deep sigh) but does a bin man risk his life to save your life, or your kid's life?

They have a highly important role. If they don't come for a week or 2 & rubbish starts piling up we'll all know how important they are.

But they've been on strike before, the rubbish did pile up. And it wasn't pleasant.

But we managed. 500+ people didn't die. And the bin men didn't resuscitate anyone that I'm aware of.

So I'll clap for the NHS tonight. I might clap for my binmen if they ever learn not to break my food bin after throwing it after emptying it or leaving it within 50ft of my house for once....
Gollywood26/03/2020 18:54

They have a highly important role. If they don't come for a week or 2 & …They have a highly important role. If they don't come for a week or 2 & rubbish starts piling up we'll all know how important they are.But they've been on strike before, the rubbish did pile up. And it wasn't pleasant.But we managed. 500+ people didn't die. And the bin men didn't resuscitate anyone that I'm aware of.So I'll clap for the NHS tonight. I might clap for my binmen if they ever learn not to break my food bin after throwing it after emptying it or leaving it within 50ft of my house for once....

Well, quite, maybe I'm grumpy because they forgot my recycling bin this week... However, I always give them a 6 pack of beer at Christmas, which I think they prefer to a round of applause!
Quite a few people in our street did it!
It's up to you, don't worry about it if you don't want to. Hang on....
My God, I'm surprised, half my Street were out.
Yes this one did
thisismark26/03/2020 20:04

It's up to you, don't worry about it if you don't want to. Hang on....My …It's up to you, don't worry about it if you don't want to. Hang on....My God, I'm surprised, half my Street were out.

Never seen the people on my street participate in anything collectively before in the twenty years or so I’ve lived here but at least half of them were out tonight. Strange times.
thisismark26/03/2020 20:04

It's up to you, don't worry about it if you don't want to. Hang on....My …It's up to you, don't worry about it if you don't want to. Hang on....My God, I'm surprised, half my Street were out.

Yep we live in a quiet area and the noise was amazing. Good to see the support.
On a Serious note, you Must advise anyone who is elderly or with any outstanding medical conditions to Isolate. This will now kick on in this Country and in 7 to 10 Days the NHS will be at Straining point. Please tell your loved ones and pass this on. Hope everyone and their family stay safe.
Someone up the road from me let off a couple of fireworks, but apart from that, saw no-one at their doors, heard practically nothing, and I live about 200m from my local hospital.
Found the whole thing cringeworthy.
The last thing I want anyone to do is for someone to clap me while I’m struggling to do a job.
It smacks of shedding guilt (from the government and people who take the NHS for granted).
It wasn’t so long ago that certain parties applauded in parliament for a different reason - that of blocking pay rises for nurses and fire responders.

I couldn’t think of anything worse - though I’m sure there are some who appreciated it as a token gesture.

The real thing that can be done from this point forward is to lobby more support for the system which can work if it is funded and managed properly.
You can also make a difference immediately by volunteering.
The system shouldn’t have to rely on volunteers and handouts - but that’s where we are.

You only applaud when the race is won.
Hadouken!26/03/2020 22:14

Found the whole thing cringeworthy.The last thing I want anyone to do is …Found the whole thing cringeworthy.The last thing I want anyone to do is for someone to clap me while I’m struggling to do a job.It smacks of shedding guilt (from the government and people who take the NHS for granted).It wasn’t so long ago that certain parties applauded in parliament for a different reason - that of blocking pay rises for nurses and fire responders.I couldn’t think of anything worse - though I’m sure there are some who appreciated it as a token gesture.The real thing that can be done from this point forward is to lobby more support for the system which can work if it is funded and managed properly.You can also make a difference immediately by volunteering.The system shouldn’t have to rely on volunteers and handouts - but that’s where we are.You only applaud when the race is won.

I said that, but in one sentence and post was deleted
Gollywood26/03/2020 22:33

I said that, but in one sentence and post was deleted

Glad I’m not the only person who has posts deleted on here.

It’s a valid opinion that’s not offensive or targeted. There’s no need to delete them.
Hadouken!26/03/2020 22:14

Found the whole thing cringeworthy.The last thing I want anyone to do is …Found the whole thing cringeworthy.The last thing I want anyone to do is for someone to clap me while I’m struggling to do a job.It smacks of shedding guilt (from the government and people who take the NHS for granted).It wasn’t so long ago that certain parties applauded in parliament for a different reason - that of blocking pay rises for nurses and fire responders.I couldn’t think of anything worse - though I’m sure there are some who appreciated it as a token gesture.The real thing that can be done from this point forward is to lobby more support for the system which can work if it is funded and managed properly.You can also make a difference immediately by volunteering.The system shouldn’t have to rely on volunteers and handouts - but that’s where we are.You only applaud when the race is won.

I found it a bit odd, a lot of people live in terraced houses with front doors side by side,
what if your neighbour is also on his/her doorstep clapping and unknowingly has coronavirus.. then you get it
social distancing and all that...
I suppose we just want to try and bring some goodwill and unity at this very trying time in 2020... We clapped in Whitehead!
Where were you clapping?
The country has gone completely mad after less than a week of lock down. Standing at your front door clapping Being happy that the police can stop anyone for no reason whatsoever Grassing your neighbours up for having a few drinks with friends in the garden May as well move to North Korea.
Positive vibes and encouragement are great, we all thrive on it, but the NHS doesn't need the public standing at a window and clapping their hands - they need help securing PPE.

I didn't clap (I do find it a bit cringeworthy as well, to be honest) as I was coming back from Aldi (only outside for fifteen minutes - and someone with a full basket walked right in front of me and my four items, hmph).

I've thanked every retail worker and security guard I've passed (from a safe distance) recently. Anyone working right now has my respect - and (some of) the general public can be, challenging, shall we say, at times like these.
I did it on twitter. Didn't want to spook the cat!
louiselouise27/03/2020 02:02

Positive vibes and encouragement are great, we all thrive on it, but the …Positive vibes and encouragement are great, we all thrive on it, but the NHS doesn't need the public standing at a window and clapping their hands - they need help securing PPE.I didn't clap (I do find it a bit cringeworthy as well, to be honest) as I was coming back from Aldi (only outside for fifteen minutes - and someone with a full basket walked right in front of me and my four items, hmph).I've thanked every retail worker and security guard I've passed (from a safe distance) recently. Anyone working right now has my respect - and (some of) the general public can be, challenging, shall we say, at times like these.

Some of the general public have been an embarrassing disgrace in these tough times.

No point saying anymore, it'll only be deleted again!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants