Clarinet Recommendation

Found 18th Sep 2017
I've decided to take up clarinet llessons after failing to do them at school (many moons ago), they forced me down the flute route which I hated. Can anyone recommend a good sounding starter clarinet please
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
The recommendations back when I was at school was either Boosey & Hawkes or Yamaha.
Speak to your tutor, they should hopefully be able to give some good advice on this, as well as what reeds to start out with (will be at the lower end of the scale, i.e. 1, 1.5 or 2).
BeerDrinker4 h, 0 m ago

The recommendations back when I was at school was either Boosey & Hawkes …The recommendations back when I was at school was either Boosey & Hawkes or Yamaha.Speak to your tutor, they should hopefully be able to give some good advice on this, as well as what reeds to start out with (will be at the lower end of the scale, i.e. 1, 1.5 or 2).

BeerDrinker recommending Boosey. That cheered me up this morning!
BeerDrinker10 h, 48 m ago

The recommendations back when I was at school was either Boosey & Hawkes …The recommendations back when I was at school was either Boosey & Hawkes or Yamaha.Speak to your tutor, they should hopefully be able to give some good advice on this, as well as what reeds to start out with (will be at the lower end of the scale, i.e. 1, 1.5 or 2).

Hi, I wasn't going to start off with a tutor but Boosey and Yamaha come up at the top of internet searches.........decisions decisions
There is an upcoming deal on Amazon for an Andoer® Clarinet Bakelite 17 Key B♭ at 0700hrs. Not too many reviews but they are good. Might be worth a look before forking out for a B&H.
Bingstroller2 h, 39 m ago

There is an upcoming deal on Amazon for an Andoer® Clarinet Bakelite 17 …There is an upcoming deal on Amazon for an Andoer® Clarinet Bakelite 17 Key B♭ at 0700hrs. Not too many reviews but they are good. Might be worth a look before forking out for a B&H.

I bought one last week in the Prime sale and they sent me a different make with no option to get the Andoer. I wasn't impressed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants