Groups
    EXPIRED

clarkes shoes

my daughter is 12months old in a week and im having trouble finding shoes to fit her feet as her feet must be quite wide, i was thinking of taking her to clarkes to get measured and get some pre walker shoes, but just wondering if its worth it or am i best waiting till shes actually walking. dont like taking her out without shoes on and i got some from next which are 12-18months but there miles to big.

11 Comments

i'd leave it until she can walk to buy her shoe, but i wouldnt go to clarkes, way to much for a pair of shoes which will last ony a few months. as for pre-walkers, what about 9-12 month sized ones?

Original Poster

ive got some 9-12 that i got from adams which fitted her really well, but just wanted some new ones but everytime i try any on her they seem tight across her foot. hopefully her feet might thin out abit , my sister has the same problem with her daughter shes 19months and shoes are tight across her foot, she got her measured in clarkes and they said she had really wide feet and the size they gave her was the widest they do.

My daughter was walking not long after she was 1 but had tiny feet. size 1.5. Clarks didn't sell anything like that, except in the crawlers which were no good so I used to jut put her in baby padded sole bottem shoes - the type newborns wear. She had to have something and to be fair she didn't do a lot of walking but it got me by.

Original Poster

i think she might start walking soon as shes always standing up at furniture and walks by holding on to it. i might leave it a few weeks and then see about getting some from clarkes so i know they fit her properly.

pink-ka

i think she might start walking soon as shes always standing up at … i think she might start walking soon as shes always standing up at furniture and walks by holding on to it. i might leave it a few weeks and then see about getting some from clarkes so i know they fit her properly.

If she might start walking very soon then there is no point buying the pre walkers now as they shouldn't be worn once walking. Just bear in mind clarks don't sell under a size 2 or 2.5 poss.

I know i am going against a few opinions and i do realise clarkes is expensive but if you think she has a wide foot i would be very careful and get her fitted once she is walking. Clarks or john lewis or somewhere like that. First shoes are so important. Once she can tell you how shoes feel that is different but when they are little they need proper fitting. The fact that you think she may be a wide foot would suggest shops like next etc may be totally unsuitable and she would not be able to tell you. Get proper advice. Loads of luck.

clarks do a first shoe which are for the stage when thay are just starting to walk they call them crusing shoes. i always buy my son clarks as i believe shoes at this age need to be fitted. They are expensive but he only has one pair of shoes which he wears all the time, i prefer to do this and buy clarks rather than get 2 or 3 pairs of the cheaper unfitted brands.

My kids had wide feet (H!) and when they were very small Clarks shop told me it was best not to put anything on their feet before they were walking whenever possible, and certainly never anything tight. I think kids should always have their feet measured properly. I know the shoes are expensive but agree with Goofeys Girl that it is important to get the right fit. There are usually good sales at Clarks - do they include childrens shoes? Hope you find something

Goofeys Girl

I know i am going against a few opinions and i do realise clarkes is … I know i am going against a few opinions and i do realise clarkes is expensive but if you think she has a wide foot i would be very careful and get her fitted once she is walking. Clarks or john lewis or somewhere like that. First shoes are so important. Once she can tell you how shoes feel that is different but when they are little they need proper fitting. The fact that you think she may be a wide foot would suggest shops like next etc may be totally unsuitable and she would not be able to tell you. Get proper advice. Loads of luck.

I do agree with this 100% nd please don't think I was suggesting anything else. It is very important that the right size shoes babes little feet, more than at any other age. I was just 'recalling' that I couldn't get any to fit my little one as she had such tiny feet. I would go on a regular basis to get her feet measured at clarks but they had nothing to fit except crawlers which they suggest aren't very good for babes feet if already walking. Good luck with finding something hun x

I always go to Clarks for my son's shoes. I believe that young feet need to be cared for very carefully, and I canot fault Clarks for this. Agreed they are more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. And Clarks also have clearance/ outlet stores all over where the shoes are a lot more reasonably priced.

Banned

Maybe she's actually a duck? Did you ever leave her unattended at the park and discover the wide feet after this?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions