Expired

Clarks Polyvelts Shoes - Who Remembers Them?

Found 28th Sep 2008
Hi

I have been trying to find a picture of Clarks Polyvelts Shoes.

For those of you who wore them to school 1980 onwards will remeber them as Polly's. Would like to show my daughters what a good pair of school shoes looked like.

Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscClarksShoes
9 Comments
Lol. That takes me back. I used to have some, they looked strangely like pork pies I seem to remember.....
They look hideous!! I'm glad I never had to wear those! Look comfy though
Dont quite remember them ones, but I do remember the ones we used to call 'pasties' cos they looked like leather cornish pasties!

Also remember TUKKA boots, and u werent in the in crowd, if u didnt have them................ I never had them :-(
:w00t:
these shoes are evil!
I swear they grew with you! Get a pair at the beginning of school.........leave school in the self same things!
Use them instead of brakes on your bike - no damage.
Leave them outside in the rain - no damage.
A bit of polish and they were as good as new!
I always aspired to having a black pair instead f the pooey brown,but it wasn't to be :cry:
I did,however have a lovely pair in a t-bar sandal style handed down from 2 older cousins :thumbsup:

Thanks OooohMatron

Anyone remember Monkey Boots?

polyvelts are now called funny dream
Hi there, I remember monkey boots! sorry I know its an old thread I was actually looking for ploy velts for my 9 year old for school. alas no more! I had a pair of funny reddish brown monkey boots with yellow stitching! ;-)
my old english teacher used to wear them back in the 70`s,along with some horrible green nylon wincheeter jobbie.....stylish then i spose.it was dm`s for me back then!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants