Clarks school shoes

Found 7th Sep 2017
How accurate are the assistants at measuring kids shoes? Has anyone had their child measured incorrectly? Went to get 4 year old daughter measured and she was H width fitting but she is very petite and her feet don't look very wide to me? The guy also measured incorrectly and said she was 8.5H when I said she currently wears 7.5F he said oh she wasn't standing correctly actually she's an 8?!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Didn't they have a machine like weighing scales to stand on that does it automatically.
You can be petite and have broad feet. I'm only a size three but always measured f to g. My mum always said I had square feet
My parents always got told i had a wide foot and narrow heel, so i had to have a certain type of shoe.

They always paid over the odds for stupid clarkes shoes, as it is now i have 3 kids of my own, i just order several different brands and see which ones fit my child best, and would never even dream of taking them near a shop that tries to 'measure' feet and sell you shoes based on what they say.
Toptrumpet1 h, 38 m ago

Didn't they have a machine like weighing scales to stand on that does it …Didn't they have a machine like weighing scales to stand on that does it automatically.

Yes she stood on it but he said oh she wasn't standing on it properly so the size came up incorrectly.
Back in the day, 1950s Clarks were the bees knees for shoes & their "manual" measurements were clear & concise as were the shoes, like a lot of company's they sat on there laurels rubbed there tummys and paid the Board members to much money, it has sadly caught up with them & they have become lazy & incompetent, machine to measure feet, Really ! I mean really, joke. I had clarks through my childhood (male) and my feet are in good shape for 67 yrs of use but when I take my 10 yr old daughter to there shop it is a sham, closes early by 5/10 minutes 5am, what time do there kids get home because mine isn't in the door till 4.30 from the school bus and by the time she has grabbed a snack got in the car driven the 5/6 miles to there nearest shop the early closing practice means we constantly miss them, Shoe Zone is our next stop! Half the price, truth, not so well built but my daughter is quite happy and likes the choice + she gets a second pair when the shoes ware out early so swings and roundabouts, Lazy incompetent staff will be the downfall of clarks unless they pull there socks up & Best foot forward before it's to late!!! Peace
Go to another branch and see what measurements they say.
To save money I usually get the kids feet measured, get them to pick the style (remembering the name)and try on and then go home and locate them on eBay.
As clarks are a franchise I'm surprised the staff are lazy. In my local they jump on you as soon as you go in and always try upselling a matching bag or shoe cleaning products.
Toptrumpet3 h, 11 m ago

Go to another branch and see what measurements they say.To save money I …Go to another branch and see what measurements they say.To save money I usually get the kids feet measured, get them to pick the style (remembering the name)and try on and then go home and locate them on eBay.

We went to another branch today and the lady was shocked that she was given H fitting and she is actually a F fitting like before. I think they were probably trying to get rid of the extra wide fitting shoes they have left behind! Thanks for all your replies, I think I will complain to them about the poor service £36 is not cheap for a pair of shoes for a 4 year old!
nraja49 m ago

We went to another branch today and the lady was shocked that she was …We went to another branch today and the lady was shocked that she was given H fitting and she is actually a F fitting like before. I think they were probably trying to get rid of the extra wide fitting shoes they have left behind! Thanks for all your replies, I think I will complain to them about the poor service £36 is not cheap for a pair of shoes for a 4 year old!

it does happen but clarks normally refit them into another pair. We have had it before, they checked it twice including by a supervisor and were sure, my wife had worked in a major highend store and had had the training when she was at 6th form many years ago wasn't happy and told them they were wrong and to check again, manager came over and agreed with us.
Two years ago my son was measured in a clarks shop for sandshoes and we bought the recommended size. One month later buying another pair of shoes at a john lewis store he was measured a completely different size and width for a clarks shoe. The lady there told me to take his sandshoes back to clarks and tell them they were incorrectly fitted, which I did. So Clarks measured him again and this time replaced the sandshoe with the same size that John Lewis had measured him and apologised. Also sometime ago I was at a jobsfair with my CV and Clarks offered me a job there and then. But as it involved 2 weeks of training at a city store I had to turn them down as I didn't have full day childcare. They called me up next day to say I would only need to do 1 week of training. When I turned that down they said I would only need 2 days of training. Again I turned it down. Ever since I've been really duious about the quality of training any of their staff get!
It's a shame really as I remember taking my sister to buy her school shoes and the service was second to none. They would take to time to check how the shoe fitted and interact with the child.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants