Class for SDHC memory cards, what does it mean?

I am after buying an 4 or 8gb SDHC memory card for my camera

I have seen class 2, 4, 6 etc

What does this mean?

5 Comments

Higher the class number the faster the card works.

yep as the above poster said. Check your appliance as SDHC cards do not work on all things

its how fast the data gets written to the card. I've got a 8gb sdhc class 10.

Class 2, 2 MB/s
Class 4, 4 MB/s
Class 6, 6 MB/s
Class 10, 10 MB/s

Original Poster

richp

its how fast the data gets written to the card. I've got a 8gb sdhc class … its how fast the data gets written to the card. I've got a 8gb sdhc class 10.Class 2, 2 MB/sClass 4, 4 MB/sClass 6, 6 MB/sClass 10, 10 MB/s

What difference does that make? If I have a 12mp digital camera what is the difference in class make?

kjbenja

What difference does that make? If I have a 12mp digital camera what is … What difference does that make? If I have a 12mp digital camera what is the difference in class make?

mines 12mp as well, if you take a 12mp photo with a class 2 card, its going to take longer to write the data to the card compared to a class 10. I wanted to take picture's & be able to take another without waiting for the 1st pic to be written to the card, also my camera takes HD video so I wanted a higher class card.

Edited by: "richp" 25th Apr 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1618
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846083
    4. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243

See more discussions