Groups

Classic Car Insurance

Best place to get a quote for a young driver? Will also have some oldies on there who will be policy holders just to bring the premium down. Who's with who at the moment? Any relevant help will be much appreciated. TIA

6 Comments

Hey, I just had a real hard time getting my insurance down,.

Been with Admiral for 2 years and then changed my car. Tried all the compare sites and none helped.

Then one of my friends said phone up Aviva and see if they can beat your best quote. Andy the DID! By £200!!!

Was so pleased when they told me this, it really does come down if you put like an older parent on the policy, give it a try.

stevey_p7;7990635

Hey, I just had a real hard time getting my insurance down,.Been with … Hey, I just had a real hard time getting my insurance down,.Been with Admiral for 2 years and then changed my car. Tried all the compare sites and none helped. Then one of my friends said phone up Aviva and see if they can beat your best quote. Andy the DID! By £200!!!Was so pleased when they told me this, it really does come down if you put like an older parent on the policy, give it a try.

What was the original price?

Apart from signing up with elephant for ~
    Just curious

Have you tried Adrian Flux? Alternatively look in the back of the Max Power mag.

Original Poster

stevey_p7;7990635

Hey, I just had a real hard time getting my insurance down,.Been with … Hey, I just had a real hard time getting my insurance down,.Been with Admiral for 2 years and then changed my car. Tried all the compare sites and none helped. Then one of my friends said phone up Aviva and see if they can beat your best quote. Andy the DID! By £200!!!Was so pleased when they told me this, it really does come down if you put like an older parent on the policy, give it a try.

Is this classic car or normal?

DragonChris;7990656

What was the original price?Apart from signing up with elephant for ~Just … What was the original price?Apart from signing up with elephant for ~Just curious

Agree that's approx what I'm paying atm

Phychlone;7990715

Have you tried Adrian Flux? Alternatively look in the back of the Max … Have you tried Adrian Flux? Alternatively look in the back of the Max Power mag.

Is Adrian Flux a good company then?

Sorry mine wasn't for a classic car. It was for a Honda Civic Type S GT. Was being quoted £1000+ with all the other insurers.

Was about to pay the £1000 that admiral had me at for my renewal but over the phone Aviva gave me it at £800, was really happy with that.

Its annoying that I have to pay a lot more than others I know just because of the area I live in.

Hope you get the insurance sorted and this info was of some use.

Original Poster

As stated in the title this is for classic cars. I already have a fairly good insurance policy with Admiral who I've been with for a couple of years. Need classic car insurance help. Which companies are best for younger drivers/ nippier cars
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1319
      2. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)23
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1726
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1417

See more discussions