Expired

classic children's books recommendations

Found 23rd Jun 2014
Ok so I'm looking at getting a classic children's book for a gift and need some recommendations. What I am looking for is something that can be purchased as a hardback and would be appreciated in years to come. Please give me some ideas.

1. Ask
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Book
10 Comments

How old is the child?

Original Poster

She is going to be 3.

Where the wild things are.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar,its a classic.

Usborne illustrated fairy tales, lovely & 30% off at Amazon

Containing ten classic fairy tales by authors such as the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen, 'Usborne Illustrated Fairy Tales' includes stories such as 'The Frog Prince', 'Little Red Riding Hood' and 'The Swan Princess.'

Original Poster

I was thinking more like Beatrix Potter or something. I know its not something she would be able to read herself but her mum could read it for her. Also she can look back at it later. Any ideas?

Enid Blyton braer rabbit stories are great, they ca am be bought as collection in one hardback.

beatrix Potter is great lovely very classic

You could get the peter rabbit collection, the book people normally sell it for approx. £20

Aleina

I was thinking more like Beatrix Potter or something. I know its not … I was thinking more like Beatrix Potter or something. I know its not something she would be able to read herself but her mum could read it for her. Also she can look back at it later. Any ideas?

There is a (I think 16 book) collection of Beatrix Potter books (small white books) Tales of Peter Rabbit, Miss Tiggy Winkle etc

similar to this
World of Peter Rabbit Giftbox | Hardback

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247581
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356168
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    4. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318

See more discussions