Classified ad for my washing machine - sold in 5 minutes.

I placed an ad in Friday Ad whcich is free if the item you are selling is less than £53. Well I placed it online with a photograph for publication on Friday; the ad appears on their website until printed. Within 2 minutes a buyer was on the phone and was looking at the machine 2 minutes later; he haggled me to £50 and the deal was done. Brilliant.

The cynic in me suggests that the machine was too cheap !!!

5 Comments

Banned

lol. why less than £53?

He haggled you down £3. Poor effort. lol

£50 sounds about right for a s/h washing machine, nice to sell it so quick though....

Original Poster

I couldn't find my model anywhere to compare prices. But the average second hand price was about £50 - £60so I didn't want to push my luck. It could easily have swung the other way and I could have been stuck with it in the hall for weeks..

diabeticguy;5793808

I couldn't find my model anywhere to compare prices. But the average … I couldn't find my model anywhere to compare prices. But the average second hand price was about £50 - £60so I didn't want to push my luck. It could easily have swung the other way and I could have been stuck with it in the hall for weeks..

I tried to sell a Hotpoint some years ago just before I moved, asked for £75 and I got an offer of £55 and refused it, it ended up going out onto the garden path as I cleared the kitchen, one of the removals guys caught it with a trolley along the front so I chucked it on the skip... I learnt a lesson....:roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1645
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2187
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6521244
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861853

See more discussions