Clean my Mac 3 - Software

Found 7th Jul
Hey,

Has anyone used Cleanmymac 3? - I’m trying to make my MacBook Pro run smoother (and that’s not the physical kind... haha) and be more reliable as it’s performance has gotten majorly slower since I purchased it years ago...

Any advice or help would be appreciated!
Community Updates
15 Comments
See if you can swap drive for solid state drive. You might want to get a tech guy to help but the drives ware out and slows up machine. Running clean up software never seems to fix these problem.
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Jul
Yeah, you need to identify and fix the problem. That sort of software that just clears you temporary internet files and so on isn't going to sort any major issues.

How old is the machine? If it's a decade old or more it may just be too slow these days.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 7th Jul
Original Poster
EndlessWaves4 h, 52 m ago

Yeah, you need to identify and fix the problem. That sort of software that …Yeah, you need to identify and fix the problem. That sort of software that just clears you temporary internet files and so on isn't going to sort any major issues.How old is the machine? If it's a decade old or more it may just be too slow these days.

Thanks for the advice. I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and when I had it for the first few years it was really quick and nowadays it’s particularly slow.

I have cleared the cache, removed any unused software or documents, etc. To help reduce the memory used - I now have 120GB free.

I downloaded the free version of Cleanmymac and it shows CPU usage and it’s been ranging from high 70’s - low 90’s

I’m going to take it to the tech shop and look at getting an SSD installed but I’m not that techy and don’t know what else I can do to help...
fozzy930921 m ago

Thanks for the advice. I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and when I had it …Thanks for the advice. I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro and when I had it for the first few years it was really quick and nowadays it’s particularly slow. I have cleared the cache, removed any unused software or documents, etc. To help reduce the memory used - I now have 120GB free. I downloaded the free version of Cleanmymac and it shows CPU usage and it’s been ranging from high 70’s - low 90’s I’m going to take it to the tech shop and look at getting an SSD installed but I’m not that techy and don’t know what else I can do to help...

120GB free storage rather than memory.

70-90% CPU usage is the problem, you need to work out which program is causing the high usage and either fix the problem with it (e.g. updating it to fix a bug) or uninstall it. What does Activity Monitor say?

An SSD won't fix high CPU usage, I would fix problems before you start looking at improvements.
New ssd with fresh installation will probably sort problems. Although tech support from local guy will cost a bit, in the long run it will be worth ever penny. Cheaper than new pc anyway
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Jul
I doubt many professionals would do a fresh install though, they'd just clone the drive.
If you are close to me I will do it for you for free. I don’t like to see people paying to much for stuff that is relatively easy.
Where about out are you.
Original Poster
Whoops sorry guys it wasn’t cpu being high - just checked on activity monitor...

It’s my RAM - it’s full. I have all my 4GB of ram taken up. Could this be the issue?

Plus the amount of memory taken up is 90%+ full so... I’ve had a look on YouTube and there is very little help...
Original Poster
fergys36 m ago

If you are close to me I will do it for you for free. I don’t like to see p …If you are close to me I will do it for you for free. I don’t like to see people paying to much for stuff that is relatively easy. Where about out are you.

I’m from Durham bud
Aviod Cleanmymac 3, put it in recovery mode & run disc utility. Get a memory cleaner & if possible increase your ram, ssd hard drive I’d recommend
Original Poster
Niixxxy13 m ago

Aviod Cleanmymac 3, put it in recovery mode & run disc utility. Get a …Aviod Cleanmymac 3, put it in recovery mode & run disc utility. Get a memory cleaner & if possible increase your ram, ssd hard drive I’d recommend

Thanks, so what memory cleaner would you recommend?
Yeah, insufficient memory will cause large slowdowns.

A 'memory cleaner' unloads stuff from memory more aggressively than the operating system. If you're marginal it can avoid the massive slowdowns from having too much in memory at once but at the cost of slowing things when you have to load stuff back into memory when you wouldn't otherwise (switching between programs etc.). It's no replacement for having enough.

There doesn't seem to have been a Late 2012 Macbook Pro with only 4GB of memory though. Was it a Mid 2012 model (A1278 or A1286 depending on size) or a Late 2013 model (A1398 or A1502)?
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 7th Jul
fozzy930927 m ago

Thanks, so what memory cleaner would you recommend?

“Memory Clean - Free Up Memory”
Appstore.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves19 m ago

Yeah, insufficient memory will cause large slowdowns. A 'memory cleaner' …Yeah, insufficient memory will cause large slowdowns. A 'memory cleaner' unloads stuff from memory more aggressively than the operating system. If you're marginal it can avoid the massive slowdowns from having too much in memory at once but at the cost of slowing things when you have to load stuff back into memory when you wouldn't otherwise (switching between programs etc.). It's no replacement for having enough. There doesn't seem to have been a Late 2012 Macbook Pro with only 4GB of memory though. Was it a Mid 2012 model (A1278 or A1286 depending on size) or a Late 2013 model (A1398 or A1502)?

Sorry it may have been a mid haven’t got the mac on me but it’s definitely has 4GB ram...
Sorry bud nowhere near me look on YouTube plenty of videos on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions