Groups

Cleaning blinds

My 'white' vertical fabric blinds are absolutley manky thanks to my son and his grubby hands! Looks like they have a coffee stain on them (?)

How do i was them? will they survive the washing machine?
    I dont think soaking them in the bath would help as they are so dirty!

10 Comments

Will they survive in a washing machine? No, I very much doubt it.

Hand wash them or buy new, A bit of vanish might help.
    Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th Apr 2011

Banned

mine survived a delicate 30 degree wash cycle / no spin and came out like new
    Edited by: "csiman" 27th Apr 2011

They will just shrivel up if you put them in the washing machine .
    I put mine in the bath with w/powder and scrub them with a hard brush , they come up nice !
    Oh and keep the weights in the bottom whilst doing it as when thet are wet they kink something terrible , i then hang them out to drip dry ( make sure you put the peg at just the very top ) as again they will have dints in were pegs have been .

We clean ours in the sink.
    Dilute some washing powder in hot water in a washing up bowl.
    Dip in the blinds lifting up and down a few times then use a sponge to wipe them up and down.
    Rince in bath or with a shower.
    Re hang with tea towel under so they drip dry job done.
    Or you could risk rolling them up in a pair of tights and washing them in the machine ????
    I use option 1 .

csiman

mine survived a delicate 30 degree wash cycle no problem

My friends did too , i am to nervous to try , lol......tbh i think it depends on where they are from as theres lots of different materials .

Mine didn't survive the trip in the washing machine

Original Poster

Thanks for all your comments, decided i wasnt brave enough for the washing machine, ive took them down and put them in the bath with some washing gel and hot water, will give them a scrub in a hour or so

Original Poster

nono2522

Thanks for all your comments, decided i wasnt brave enough for the … Thanks for all your comments, decided i wasnt brave enough for the washing machine, ive took them down and put them in the bath with some washing gel and hot water, will give them a scrub in a hour or so

(If anyone even cares?!) Blinds have very suprisingly come out really clean!

nono2522

(If anyone even cares?!) Blinds have very suprisingly come out really … (If anyone even cares?!) Blinds have very suprisingly come out really clean!

lol, ( i care (_;) ).......yeh mine usually come out clean , mmmm, now you got me wondering if i should do mine now , being a lovely day to get them dry .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767123
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114451
      3. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released77
      4. TechInTheBasket?47

See more discussions