Cleaning out a noisy PS4

Posted 29th May
youtu.be/WuJ…utw

I thought I’d link this for anyone who has probably like me, been gaming a little too much during lockdown and their PS4 is starting to sound like a jumbo jet. I was dubious at first, is it really this easy? Honestly it is! 15 mins or so, follow the video step by step. I was playing control last night and the sound was over powering my telly. Two hours in today and it’s silent. Give it a go!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
But I like the realism when flying around in my luxor deluxe
Ka11ran29/05/2020 15:14

But I like the realism when flying around in my luxor deluxe

I feel your pain, it was like the grounded planes had all decided to warm up their engines inside my PS4
Kratos6929/05/2020 15:20

I feel your pain, it was like the grounded planes had all decided to warm …I feel your pain, it was like the grounded planes had all decided to warm up their engines inside my PS4

I can imagine that
Looks like a serial killers hands doing the cleaning
Edited by: "furbars" 29th May
40912862-KZYFO.jpgThat’s a slim I took apart and the heatsink was clogged. Did the thermal paste at the same time due to the PS4 cutting out intermittently
Raven_R3229/05/2020 16:15

[Image] That’s a slim I took apart and the heatsink was clogged. Did the t …[Image] That’s a slim I took apart and the heatsink was clogged. Did the thermal paste at the same time due to the PS4 cutting out intermittently

That is a LOT of dust !
My fan was disgusting
Raven_R3229/05/2020 16:15

[Image] That’s a slim I took apart and the heatsink was clogged. Did the t …[Image] That’s a slim I took apart and the heatsink was clogged. Did the thermal paste at the same time due to the PS4 cutting out intermittently

40912971-Mi7j2.jpg
Think I'll give my pro a bash...just need the compressed air
Edited by: "iBelieveYouHaveMyStapler" 29th May
works, but doesnt take long to return to after burner mode.

my ps4 has been the subject of my boredom and has much better cooling now. Took the top off, added heat sinks to the heat spreader plus a fan and did the intake fan mod, now doesn't sound loud even after 6 hours of drunken modern warfare
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants