Groups

Cleaning the lifetime HEPA filter from my Dyson DC08 Allergy

Banned
    So the manual says clean every 6 months, it shows some stupid picture about taking the sponge looking thing out of the holder. The problem is it seems mine is fully enclosed I can't take it out and clean it. I can order a new one for £11 which is the one where you can take the sponge out and clean, but mine looks more like a cabin filter for a car?

18 Comments

Original Poster Banned

mine looks like this http://www.homespare.com/Pictures/thumb/60088.JPG
    http://www.imgbank.co.uk/images/1079/KitchenVillage/productimages/vlargeimages/100317.jpg

You plonker! You haven't taken the plastic cover off it yet!! (Or is that the new one!?)

I have the same one as you......

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543419

You plonker! You haven't taken the plastic cover off it yet!! (Or is that … You plonker! You haven't taken the plastic cover off it yet!! (Or is that the new one!?)I have the same one as you......

lol....funny

When you open the Dyson up at the side to take it out what do you see just out of curiosity?

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543434

When you open the Dyson up at the side to take it out what do you see … When you open the Dyson up at the side to take it out what do you see just out of curiosity?

A sticker saying clean every 6 months minimum!

oh hang on i've just found another filter ???

i feel like a grade A plonker :oops: damn I'm supposed to be smart I'm a man dammit

So what's the post filter for? does it need cleaning too as it's got lots of black soot on the bottom

LOL!! This is soooo making me laugh!

Your Avi picture is just sooo apt!

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543473

Your Avi picture is just sooo apt!

:cry: the girlfriend thinks so too, I'm a buffoon at everything. Though the vacuum is my department

This is a fairly straightforward operation - TRUST ME! (I'm a Dr!) lol!
    Now then Step One.

Bring Dyson towards you
    Step 2. Look at the bottom where the brush bar is
    Step 3 Unclick the filter part....

Are you with me on this one?

xxxxx

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543521

This is a fairly straightforward operation - TRUST ME! (I'm a Dr!) … This is a fairly straightforward operation - TRUST ME! (I'm a Dr!) lol!Now then Step One.Bring Dyson towards youStep 2. Look at the bottom where the brush bar isStep 3 Unclick the filter part....Are you with me on this one?xxxxx

I have the erm what they called doggy ones, it follows me I've cleaned the filter now though so it's all good thank you very much for the help have some rep

lumoruk;4543600

I have the erm what they called doggy ones

Yea thats cool... So... Where are we?

By the wheel right? That grey bit that looks like a button?

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543618

Yea thats cool... So... Where are we? By the wheel right? That grey bit … Yea thats cool... So... Where are we? By the wheel right? That grey bit that looks like a button?

read up :lol: it's all done :thumbsup:

Seeeeeeeee!!!!!!

(Now remember to take the plasic cover off the new one!!)

xxx

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543713

Seeeeeeeee!!!!!!(Now remember to take the plasic cover off the new … Seeeeeeeee!!!!!!(Now remember to take the plasic cover off the new one!!)xxx

I haven't bought a new one yet it was just an example, btw you're crazy :roll:

lumoruk;4543746

I haven't bought a new one yet it was just an example, btw you're crazy … I haven't bought a new one yet it was just an example, btw you're crazy :roll:

I know! (you've got to laugh - otherwise ... Well - life is !?!?!)

xxxxx

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;4543772

I know! (you've got to laugh - otherwise ... Well - life is !?!?!)xxxxx

I know, hope you're feeling better and DO NOT go see Marley and Me.

;-)

lumoruk;4543781

I know, hope you're feeling better and DO NOT go see Marley and Me.

Ooooohhhhhh!! I soooooo wanna see that too!!!!!!! ;-)

Just read this thread ! Absolutley hilarious PMSL !!!
    But dont worry lumoruk, I did something similar when the first bagless DC02 came out. I emptied the rubber guts out of the clear colllection bin along with the dust straight into the refuse. Then spent rest of the day trying to figure out why the cyclone had been replaced by a mild gust :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892226
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661378
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?27123
      4. Ebid over Ebay66

See more discussions