cleaning tips for removing stickers ?

Found 28th Aug 2009
im cleaning out my car and my tax disc holder is really old so i brought i new but as i removed the old it left a sticky residue on the glass which i cant get of. anyone know any handy cleaning tips plz x

1. Misc
  2. Cleaning
28 Comments

Nail varnish remover

Vinegar

white spirit

methylated spirits is the stuff plus leaves nothing on the glass...

Banned

try WD40, its great for that sort of stuff, neat on a cloth and a bit of elbow grease

Wd40.

elbow grease :thumbsup:

The one and only solution is...............mayo. (serious)

Works perfect everytime .... :thumbsup:

Original Poster

srthedaddy;6144501

elbow grease :thumbsup:

- tried and failed lol
thanks for the tips , il give them ago x

river;6144539

- tried and failed lol thanks for the tips , il give them ago x

Sticky stuff remover from avon/ ebay always works for me

Hairdryer - melts the glue slightly so it's easy to wipe off.

alchohol

a simple cut around the gluey residue with a glass cutter:thumbsup:

simples.

cribert;6144583

alchohol

scandalous misuse of alcohol:whistling:

Nail polish remover usually gets rid of it!

I've just had to take off the tints off my front windows , bought the car with them on and have been driving it for nearly 3 years , anyway , removing the film left all the gluey residue and was actually stopping the windows from going down . Got some amazing stuff from a customer , a blue liquid that made easy work of the glue . It was supplied by a double glazing firm for cleaning the windows , it had a name like .........easyglaze or ???glaze .Try a local double glazing company in your area and find out what they use .

Get some Isopropyl Alcohol on it (Rubbing Alcohol)

+1 for WD40

petrol on a rag

nail polish remover or a baby wipe

baby wipes get rid of everything... also there is that oven/kitchen cleaner which has orange in it which works quite well

A Pickaxe.........Seriously

martinhb;6146987

+1 for WD40

+ lots and lots

sculpturatus;6144456

try WD40, its great for that sort of stuff, neat on a cloth and a bit of … try WD40, its great for that sort of stuff, neat on a cloth and a bit of elbow grease

+1
wd40...or a flat razor blade

shanecr;6147135

+1wd40...or a flat razor blade

Both even, razorblade first then a bit of wd........

I thought I invented that idea:oops:

jtx;6147180

Both even, razorblade first then a bit of wd........ I thought I invented … Both even, razorblade first then a bit of wd........ I thought I invented that idea:oops:

whose windscreen u razoring? x :thumbsup:

jtx;6147180

Both even, razorblade first then a bit of wd........ I thought I invented … Both even, razorblade first then a bit of wd........ I thought I invented that idea:oops:

Afraid not, its a common practice in many body shops and garages. You can get specific scrapers to do the job with nice sharp razor blades in em :thumbsup:

I just had two year old parcel table stuck all over a glass table my mum had in her garage....was told to spray furniture polish on it and leave for a few minutes...worked a treat and just wiped off!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming3156
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247662
    3. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!11
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810995

See more discussions