cleaning your noes while on the tills

Found 9th JunEdited by:"Faisal007"
i know some people may not like me talking about this but i dont know how to clean my nose while i be on the tills. Like when you clean your nose while on the tills should i do it infront of the customer or should i try to hide and do it.

also even when i do clean my nose and use a hand sanitiser after the way the customers look at you is not pleasant

so the question is if my noes is running or i need to clean my nose what should i do without the customers being disgusted by it??
Community Updates
AskHome Care
Top comments
Cool story bro. What's your question?
Put a lilets up each nostril.
26 Comments
Cool story bro. What's your question?
There shou;ld be a book out somewhere on how to do it....... snot nice I know.
Wear gloves
What do you mean by cleaning your nose? You mean blowing it or sticking your fingers up your nose?
mrty15 m ago

I work on till so know your dilemma. Sorry one sec and turn around wipe dab nose then hand sanitise and carry on serving. If I need to blow nose I would NEVER do that in public! I always get somebody else to come on the till while I pop in the back to blow my nose.
mrty22 m ago

Let’s have a bit of decorum on here please!
You don't have a choice do you. Sit and let it run down your face or blow your nose. It's like asking should I wet myself or goto the toilet. On a side not you many have allergies so take antihistamines. Buy from pound shop
Edited by: "wayners" 9th Jun
i assume you mean blow your nose with a tissue or hankie. i would have thought this is a natural thing to do and wouldn't personally think anything of it, better than have the cashier have it running down their nose or sniffing while serving you.

people blow their nose all the time in public so i am surprised you say that people look at you in a disgusted way. either you are doing something very unusual when you blow your nose or you are just imagining that they are looking at you disgusted when they are not.
mutley11 h, 52 m ago

i assume you mean blow your nose with a tissue or hankie. i would have …i assume you mean blow your nose with a tissue or hankie. i would have thought this is a natural thing to do and wouldn't personally think anything of it, better than have the cashier have it running down their nose or sniffing while serving you.people blow their nose all the time in public so i am surprised you say that people look at you in a disgusted way. either you are doing something very unusual when you blow your nose or you are just imagining that they are looking at you disgusted when they are not.

Oh come on, I'd be revolted if someone at the till blew their nose while serving me. germs get everywhere. You certainly don't want them on your food. The only reason I use human tills is because I'm not allowed to use coupons or a trolley at the self-serve. Otherwise I'd rather a robot calculates the total which leaves humans free to do more complex tasks and actually use their brain to better society.
This would certainly be a problem for me if I worked on a till as I get several colds every winter and suffer from hay fever during the summer, used to take hayfever medication but have since developed glaucoma at 35 years old which I worry was from years of taking hayfever remedies, you name it and I tried them.
SOUTHWALES7 m ago

This would certainly be a problem for me if I worked on a till as I get …This would certainly be a problem for me if I worked on a till as I get several colds every winter and suffer from hay fever during the summer, used to take hayfever medication but have since developed glaucoma at 35 years old which I worry was from years of taking hayfever remedies, you name it and I tried them.

You should've eaten better. Garlic / oranges / honey... They're still sworn by in Chinese medicine for good reason.
Whats the reason for your nose running? Are you ill? If so you shouldn't be at work when you are in such close proximity to both food and customers IMO.

But generally speaking, I would be put off should a checkout operator blow there nose prior to handling my foodstuffs, close your till, excuse yourself and do it away from customers..?

The only way to ensure customers aren't disgusted by it is to do it out of sight.
Toptrumpet5 h, 5 m ago

Let’s have a bit of decorum on here please!

Erm...no.
MadeDixonsCry11 m ago

You should've eaten better. Garlic / oranges / honey... They're still …You should've eaten better. Garlic / oranges / honey... They're still sworn by in Chinese medicine for good reason.

I do, at least 80% of my meals are salad's, fish and porridge with blueberries etc. Also ride 10 plus miles a day for exercise. No alcohol or smoking, although was a passive smoker due to selfish parents who would shut all the windows and doors in winter and puff away. At the end of the night he house was full of smoke like fog, me and my sister knew no better at are young age and so had to breathe in all that smoke. Nothing annoys me more than when you have pregnant women outside the maternity ward rubbing there belly with one hand and ciggy in the other, so selfish as that baby has no choice but to be Intoxicated.
SOUTHWALES1 h, 35 m ago

I do, at least 80% of my meals are salad's, fish and porridge with …I do, at least 80% of my meals are salad's, fish and porridge with blueberries etc. Also ride 10 plus miles a day for exercise. No alcohol or smoking, although was a passive smoker due to selfish parents who would shut all the windows and doors in winter and puff away. At the end of the night he house was full of smoke like fog, me and my sister knew no better at are young age and so had to breathe in all that smoke. Nothing annoys me more than when you have pregnant women outside the maternity ward rubbing there belly with one hand and ciggy in the other, so selfish as that baby has no choice but to be Intoxicated.

33953751-fUKSK.jpg
LeahsMintytoutou6 h, 53 m ago

I work on till so know your dilemma. Sorry one sec and turn around wipe …I work on till so know your dilemma. Sorry one sec and turn around wipe dab nose then hand sanitise and carry on serving. If I need to blow nose I would NEVER do that in public! I always get somebody else to come on the till while I pop in the back to blow my nose.

I thought you were going to say 'I always get somebody else to come... and blow your nose'
MadeDixonsCry9th Jun

Oh come on, I'd be revolted if someone at the till blew their nose while …Oh come on, I'd be revolted if someone at the till blew their nose while serving me. germs get everywhere. You certainly don't want them on your food. The only reason I use human tills is because I'm not allowed to use coupons or a trolley at the self-serve. Otherwise I'd rather a robot calculates the total which leaves humans free to do more complex tasks and actually use their brain to better society.

Oddly enough I worry more when someone who sits next to me on the train or the bus blows their nose than in the supermarket. I make a point of getting up and moving to another seat without appearing rude.

Foods at a supermarket are wrapped up and often you need to clean them and cook them so the germs would find it difficult to germinate surely?
Bit off topic, but I would never ever buy from a supermarket the 'help yourself' bread/muffins etc that are not wrapped/covered at all.

Tesco had a small 'one stop' (if you like) near me, the aisles were only small and they had those, people actually brushed passed them, not only that the coughing and sneezing etc, just makes me feel ill when I see people buying them

Plus, kiddies that pick them up and put them back etc and the parents don't say a word.
mutley153 m ago

Oddly enough I worry more when someone who sits next to me on the train or …Oddly enough I worry more when someone who sits next to me on the train or the bus blows their nose than in the supermarket. I make a point of getting up and moving to another seat without appearing rude.Foods at a supermarket are wrapped up and often you need to clean them and cook them so the germs would find it difficult to germinate surely?

Do us all a favour and promise us you'll never work in anything related to the food industry.
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 9th Jun
SOUTHWALES3 h, 12 m ago

This would certainly be a problem for me if I worked on a till as I get …This would certainly be a problem for me if I worked on a till as I get several colds every winter and suffer from hay fever during the summer, used to take hayfever medication but have since developed glaucoma at 35 years old which I worry was from years of taking hayfever remedies, you name it and I tried them.

Have you tried the flu jab? I used to get several colds every winter without fail until one day I decided to try the flu jab as they were offered free at work. I have not had a cold since then and that was about two years ago.
MadeDixonsCry21 h, 47 m ago

Oh come on, I'd be revolted if someone at the till blew their nose while …Oh come on, I'd be revolted if someone at the till blew their nose while serving me. germs get everywhere. You certainly don't want them on your food. The only reason I use human tills is because I'm not allowed to use coupons or a trolley at the self-serve. Otherwise I'd rather a robot calculates the total which leaves humans free to do more complex tasks and actually use their brain to better society.

That's being a bit silly the last part. U can actually scan coupons and take trolley's to the self-check out think u need re-asses what complex tasks humans and computers can do.
MynameisM23 m ago

That's being a bit silly the last part. U can actually scan coupons and …That's being a bit silly the last part. U can actually scan coupons and take trolley's to the self-check out think u need re-asses what complex tasks humans and computers can do.

Trust me I've tried. At Asda they always tell me to go to a till in those circumstances. A robot should be allowed to take coupons and verify the terms, and trolleys (not trolley's) should be allowed at tills just for trolleys to not inconvenience basket holders. Humans could then assist in shelf-stacking out of stock items or helping the blind.
MadeDixonsCry5 m ago

Trust me I've tried. At Asda they always tell me to go to a till in those …Trust me I've tried. At Asda they always tell me to go to a till in those circumstances. A robot should be allowed to take coupons and verify the terms, and trolleys (not trolley's) should be allowed at tills just for trolleys to not inconvenience basket holders. Humans could then assist in shelf-stacking out of stock items or helping the blind.

Very weird i take a trolley and scan coupons then at the end the person comes to approve the coupons and its all sorted.never had issues with trolley as there's plenty of spaces on self checkout and they close the rolls with cashier's after 10 anyway.
MynameisM21 m ago

Very weird i take a trolley and scan coupons then at the end the person …Very weird i take a trolley and scan coupons then at the end the person comes to approve the coupons and its all sorted.never had issues with trolley as there's plenty of spaces on self checkout and they close the rolls with cashier's after 10 anyway.

My Asda is PANTS
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants