Groups

Clever trick to get a Tesco deal after it's finished.

We all know about 'Raincheck' vouchers from Tesco (and elsewhere) where you ask at Customer services for a voucher to use next time if an item on offer has sold out. I took this a step further today in Tesco with the Ben & Jerry's 2 for £3 deal. I stocked the freezer up as they had a good stock available, but one of the flavours was sold out. I made a note of that flavour and picked up a voucher on my way out. So in a few weeks time when I need to stock up again I can still get the same deal even though it'll be long finished. Simples!

18 Comments

Hmm a cunning plan baldrick :thinking:

"We all know about 'Raincheck' vouchers from Tesco"
    Pass.. I didn't.. Tesco's kept that quite..

I didn't either.

Thanks for the info, handy to know this

didn't know either, thanks!

didnt know either thanks x

repped

I thought they stopped the raincheck vouchers

Im sure when I asked about this in my Tesco they denied all knowledge . .

i've never heard of it either

Where do you get those from????? I'm very intrigued, Tesco in St. Helens always have bare shelves when I go in

i work at Tesco and can confirm they still do these as i got one last week!

*roosterpots*;7048463

Where do you get those from????? I'm very intrigued, Tesco in St. Helens … Where do you get those from????? I'm very intrigued, Tesco in St. Helens always have bare shelves when I go in

go to customer service and ask for one, known in are store as a price promise voucher!

wow this is great I never knew that and my MIL worked for tesco for years!!! rep given cheers

Original Poster

I dont know the system in Sainsbury's and Morrisons but it definitely works in Tesco.

kingy58;7053401

I dont know the system in Sainsbury's and Morrisons but it definitely … I dont know the system in Sainsbury's and Morrisons but it definitely works in Tesco.

Sainsburys do raincheck vouchers too. Used to be a right pain in the bum to get.

Banned

souljacker;7048358

i've never heard of it either

Nor me. I'll ask the missus if she knew. Luckily I have the model that does all the shopping! :w00t:

guv;7053792

Nor me. I'll ask the missus if she knew. Luckily I have the model that … Nor me. I'll ask the missus if she knew. Luckily I have the model that does all the shopping! :w00t:

:w00t:

I finished working in a big Tesco store last Dec and they always denied all knowledge of these - didn't even keep a stock in the store!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions