Click LVT flooring - edge meets wall tiles

Posted 15th Feb
I want to put click LVT flooring in bathroom.

As its a "floating" floor, a small gaps need to be left around edging (per instructiins).

But i am not sure what will need to be put around the edges as beading is going to look odd as theres no skirting.

Wall tiles are coming all the way down to the floor.

Any advice is appreciated with regards to the edges of the floor (where floor meets tiles).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
39909962-cg8eN.jpgpic where floor meets wall
Plastic beading stuck to wall tiles with sealant , if you really don`t like beading seal gap using sealant as you would around bath etc
Edited by: "mikeportsmouth" 15th Feb
I looked at 2 different videos on YouTube and they just used silicone, I'd assume because if its rubber like properties, it can cope with expansion and contraction
Personally would use painters mate or no nails as they're both paint-able and you would be able to take it in with the wall colour instead of having a bead of white silicone inbetween cream walls/brown flooring. However the con versus silicone is that it is not waterproof but if kept clean and not wet it should last.
Can't be bothered looking but if you can find something paint-able and waterproof/resistant then go for that.
Cloeeez15/02/2020 08:44

Personally would use painters mate or no nails as they're both paint-able …Personally would use painters mate or no nails as they're both paint-able and you would be able to take it in with the wall colour instead of having a bead of white silicone inbetween cream walls/brown flooring. However the con versus silicone is that it is not waterproof but if kept clean and not wet it should last.Can't be bothered looking but if you can find something paint-able and waterproof/resistant then go for that.

Would grey sillicone do the job?
Not clear from pics but wall tiles are grey and flooring will be closely matched grey too (flooring in pic is just samples).
ran123ran15/02/2020 09:06

Would grey sillicone do the job?Not clear from pics but wall tiles are …Would grey sillicone do the job?Not clear from pics but wall tiles are grey and flooring will be closely matched grey too (flooring in pic is just samples).

oh lmao it looks cream and brown! yeah if you can get grey then that would be fine I just wouldn't want white would stick out like sore thumb.

quick google - screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-sanitary-silicone-sealant-cement-grey-310ml/6653H?tc=OA8&ds_kid=92700022904812436&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1249416&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyp7yBRCwARIsABfQsnRZxmkWTPJe7Gdw8n5ctwn6cJcxKGnAOczXMG2340cmZ2sn8C9fW4EaAp48EALw_wcB

they also have 'manhattan' grey. don't know colour difference manhattan looks lighter from pic but either should be better than white.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 15th Feb
i have a couple of floors where laminate wood flooring joins tiled flooring and as someone has already said, they are joined with silicone.
ran123ran15/02/2020 09:06

Would grey sillicone do the job?Not clear from pics but wall tiles are …Would grey sillicone do the job?Not clear from pics but wall tiles are grey and flooring will be closely matched grey too (flooring in pic is just samples).

And use a fugi tool to get a perfect finish and save a lot of time (about £7 on ebay)

google.co.uk/url…E3J
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Feb
chocci15/02/2020 10:44

And use a fugi tool to get a perfect finish and save a lot of time (about …And use a fugi tool to get a perfect finish and save a lot of time (about £7 on ebay)https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQxtQhpA5Vo&ved=2ahUKEwjbm5KYsNPnAhWzoXEKHY1uBfUQjjgwA3oECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1yCKKnMnOq_AIvq4-WuE3J

Lol silli cone
If you get grey sealant make sure it dries flexable, aka look for coloured bathroom sealant and not some cheap grey exterior stuff that'll dry hard.
Clear sealant could be an option as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants