clicking links in emails dont work help

20 replies
Found 16th Mar 2010
when clicking links in emails dont work help using i.e links dont work just blank page shows up

im using windows vista if that makes a difference

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Pop up blockers on? try pressing Ctrl and clicking on the link at the same time.

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;8124772

Pop up blockers on? try pressing Ctrl and clicking on the link at the … Pop up blockers on? try pressing Ctrl and clicking on the link at the same time.

nope not pop up blocker

Thats been happening with mine too lately,is it maybe to do with too many windows open?

It's been really bugging me,page just hangs after clinking links,

I've just had to copy and paste instead and use it in an already open window,it's really really annoying :x

It's just a recent thing,didn't happen before,hmm :?

I'd be really interested too if someone knows what causes this

be mindful of security here, many mnay infections come from poisoned email links

Original Poster

maddogb;8127044

be mindful of security here, many mnay infections come from poisoned … be mindful of security here, many mnay infections come from poisoned email links

its not viruses its every single link that doesnt work and i know who is sending them

jamstaruk1972;8127833

its not viruses its every single link that doesnt work and i know who is … its not viruses its every single link that doesnt work and i know who is sending them

i didnt mean it was viri, i just meant maybe its better to have it this way and look to your security settings/preferences where it may be disabled,
i have mine set this way as its more secure, we all make mistakes and this is one good buffer from that

Original Poster

maddogb;8128053

i didnt mean it was viri, i just meant maybe its better to have it this … i didnt mean it was viri, i just meant maybe its better to have it this way and look to your security settings/preferences where it may be disabled, i have mine set this way as its more secure, we all make mistakes and this is one good buffer from that

i need to click the link tho i dont have the option to copy and paste anything

try a quick scan from Secunia Online Software Inspector,you need sun java if you don't already have it for it to work,

If it finds any probs it tells you how to fix

never noticed before but you haven't said what email software you are using, that may jog someones memory!

Original Poster

just internet explorer

secunia found prob with my adobe,downloaded the patch it linked to and I think my prob is resolved,did you try the scan?

Original Poster

tried the scan just updated adobe ,flash and java didnt resolve my issue tho

jamstaruk1972;8134354

tried the scan just updated adobe ,flash and java didnt resolve my issue … tried the scan just updated adobe ,flash and java didnt resolve my issue tho

did the scan find your adobe as being insecure?

Original Poster

grabbit;8134739

did the scan find your adobe as being insecure?

yeah load of rubbish tho tbh

jamstaruk1972;8134758

yeah load of rubbish tho tbh

Why? what makes you say that?

It worked for mine,it found the prob with adobe,told me to download update,i did,restarted,scanned again,it then told me i then needed patch for the new version i'd just downloaded,downloaded that and now my pc has links working 100% :roll:

I was having a similar prob to yours in the first place

Original Poster

well it hasnt sorted mine and if i just set it to recieve auto updates i wouldnt have needed to scan

jamstaruk1972;8134986

well it hasnt sorted mine and if i just set it to recieve auto updates i … well it hasnt sorted mine and if i just set it to recieve auto updates i wouldnt have needed to scan

ok,so that makes the scanner useless as it only pointed out a problem on your system needing correcting,but if you had set it to auto update in the 1st place it couldn't have pointed that out?

good theory :roll:

U need to do the scan twice!! 1st update,then patch!

Original Poster

well not having the latest software wasnt a security issue is what im saying done the scan 10 times even after patching still saying i dont have latest version so instals but doesnt install

useless

jamstaruk1972;8135135

well not having the latest software wasnt a security issue is what im … well not having the latest software wasnt a security issue is what im saying done the scan 10 times even after patching still saying i dont have latest version so instals but doesnt installuseless

ok,wasn't a security issue,i know it says that,but it must be making the system unstable,

It sorted my link prob out once i did the 2 updates,maybe yours didn't install properly,my first install jammed at 99.9% and i had to force reboot ;-)

I'm so glad my links are working again as it was stressing me badly :thumbsup:

have you considered this may be a change in the settings on the web server?, and assumimg you have already taken the ie security settings back to default
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Hottest deals side bar was far better before45
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769324
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2458
    4. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.66

See more discussions