Groups

Clickshop.co.uk <--- They Stole my money!

Back in November of 2007 I ordered 2 R4 + 1gig bundles from Clickshop.co.uk for £70ish.

If you have a look at their site it appears they had some trouble with funds and had to cancel + refund all of the orders.

Problem being the card I used to order the stuff was cancelled (of my own choice) shortly after making the order and funds being taken out. I emailed them about this and someone came back to say that the refund would be put in my paypal account within 3 days. This never happened and it's now been 4 months and several emails later with no response / refund. All I get is a crappy "due to the high volume of emails it may take us longer to respond" automated reply.

Now i'm still down by £70 - and I can't find any contact telephone number for them or anything. Is there anything I can do?

13 Comments

Was it a credit card?

If so speak to the card company

Original Poster

Debit Card.

Cancelled one too like I say - Surely they won't be able to do anything?

Banned

looks like clickshop.co.uk/ has disappeared!

Original Poster

Yeah i noticed that.

Thankfully i can still get in through Clickshop.com (parent site).

Now i'm still down by £70 - and I can't find any contact telephone number … Now i'm still down by £70 - and I can't find any contact telephone number for them or anything. Is there anything I can do?

Hope for the best, and expect the worst.

Anyone else buying things over the 'net'.

PAY BY CREDIT CARD

thesaint;1696411

Hope for the best, and expect the worst.Anyone else buying things over … Hope for the best, and expect the worst.Anyone else buying things over the 'net'.PAY BY CREDIT CARD

All well and good, but do you have any words of wisdom to those of us who cannot get a credit card??:thinking:

harlzter;1696641

All well and good, but do you have any words of wisdom to those of us who … All well and good, but do you have any words of wisdom to those of us who cannot get a credit card??:thinking:

"Phone a friend".

Banned

harlzter;1696641

All well and good, but do you have any words of wisdom to those of us who … All well and good, but do you have any words of wisdom to those of us who cannot get a credit card??:thinking:

Get a pre-pay credit card as no credit check is done on these.

moneysupermarket.com/car…p=0

csiman;1696820

Get a pre-pay credit card as no credit check is done on … Get a pre-pay credit card as no credit check is done on these.http://www.moneysupermarket.com/cards/credit_card.asp?p=0

This would not help, because if it were pre-paid, they would've spent their own money.

if its debit card contact your bank and ask them what they are going to do about it. after all you are still a customer of theirs while a trasaction is in process. By law they must have to do something in situations like this as im sure they happen quite often

Although they havent actually stole your money

Banned

thesaint;1696953

This would not help, because if it were pre-paid, they would've spent … This would not help, because if it were pre-paid, they would've spent their own money.

Yes it would as they would have the protection offered by a credit card.

csiman;1697563

Yes it would as they would have the protection offered by a credit card.

They wouldn't have the same protection because the card would be acting as a debit card because it would be pre-loaded.

It would be the same if you put a normal credit card into credit, and then made a purchase, you wouldn't be covered under the 1975(?) consumer credit act.

Banned

thesaint;1697642

They wouldn't have the same protection because the card would be acting … They wouldn't have the same protection because the card would be acting as a debit card because it would be pre-loaded. It would be the same if you put a normal credit card into credit, and then made a purchase, you wouldn't be covered under the 1975(?) consumer credit act.

Oh blimey! Doesnt seem any point in pe-paid cards in that case.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?69
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1927
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767277
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526

See more discussions