Groups

Clinical Trial - Phase 1

Banned
    has anyone done one of these before? a few of my friends have and have gotten £2,000 for it! whats it like? i know they test certain stuff on you etc but everyone has said its so easy. what sort of trials are there?

38 Comments

did that big trial that was in the news last year not put you off

Original Poster Banned

jennie-jack;2287220

did that big trial that was in the news last year not put you off

Link?

i dotn have one, where they all swelled up and ended up in intensive care because the drug they were testing hadnt been cleared for humans but they were still given it

I know lots of people who do these- it is a risk I suppose- but its good money!

Original Poster Banned

yes, seems very good money. i think ill inquire further into it

Were can i find out info on this?

Original Poster Banned

odriscoll;2287370

Were can i find out info on this?

im also trying to gain a little more detail, my friend has just signed up to test a kidney drug. £1,200 for 8 days

Here's a link to that notorious trial that went wrong on the monoclonal antibody TGN1412 - you should be aware that it wouldn't have gone so badly if the nursing staff had given steroids at the first sign of adverse reaction - rather than 6 hours later. There are plenty of links from this
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Wasn't there another where the peoples limbs started going black and falling off?!

The company was called Parexel and it was 'alleged' they made mistakes while administering the drug in question like not staggering the doses the way they should have, not trying it on 1 person first before administering to more and (as Chesso has said above) not responding with the proper treatment.

The guy that was most severely affected had his toes and the tips of his fingers amputated:

timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

An interesting artice here, a bit wordy, but worth reading if you're considering doing this:

i-sis.org.uk/PMO…php

Especially this paragraph to put it into perspective:

"The health correspondent of the newspaper Scotland on Sunday asked the MHRA, and was told that since 2001 there have been 2088 volunteers who have needed hospital treatment as a result of drug testing [5]. In 2005 alone, there were 359 people in the UK who suffered what are called “suspected unexpected serious adverse reactions” (SUSARs). Now there are about 3000 drug trials a year in the UK, and most SUSARs are nowhere near as serious as those experienced in the TGN1412 trial, but it is still not what a prospective volunteer is likely to imagine from reading the Parexel website."

I have done the low risk ones like medicated shampoo, conditioner and sun cream, don't really fancy the ones where t hey admit you as a guinea pig .........the most intense one was painkillers, returned 4 hrs later to see if any dizziness etc. quite good money.

wendyak;2287621

I have done the low risk ones like medicated shampoo, conditioner and sun … I have done the low risk ones like medicated shampoo, conditioner and sun cream, don't really fancy the ones where t hey admit you as a guinea pig .........the most intense one was painkillers, returned 4 hrs later to see if any dizziness etc. quite good money.

what company do you that for?

bump!

Original Poster Banned

odriscoll;2292343

bump!

Double BUMP

Yes after the trial mentioned by a few on here thats rather offputting.

There is a lot I would do for £2K but drug trials wouldn't be 1 of them.

I think i would do this

Any news?

Original Poster Banned

vengod;2293002

I think i would do thisAny news?

Im going to ring and get some details about it all 2moro. i will post the news back

Thanks..

In need of money at the min.

Any news??

very interested in this any news?

LOL the place where those people got owned in the testing is the hospital near me, northwick park in harrow
    and its the place where all the new mums keep gettin owned and dying when having there babies!
    hope i dont need to get admitted there anytime soon!

Original Poster Banned

This is what ive been told : You need to be fit and healthy and get permission from your GP. You must then register with with them and they will send you a form to fill in. When a trial is next coming up you will be informed. The price you get from the trial usually ranges between £500 - £2000 depending on what it is you do etc. You will need to stay in over-night when asked. There will be a doctor and nurses tracking your progress etc. There is a pool table - Canteen-Tv and you may take up anything you want with you. The trials are usually based over a few weeks (2nights a week for 4 weeks - Example)

DangerGod;2297603

This is what ive been told : You need to be fit and healthy and get … This is what ive been told : You need to be fit and healthy and get permission from your GP. You must then register with with them and they will send you a form to fill in. When a trial is next coming up you will be informed. The price you get from the trial usually ranges between £500 - £2000 depending on what it is you do etc. You will need to stay in over-night when asked. There will be a doctor and nurses tracking your progress etc. There is a pool table - Canteen-Tv and you may take up anything you want with you. The trials are usually based over a few weeks (2nights a week for 4 weeks - Example)

they do sound like an easy way to make a bit of cash but tbh do you want to risk it? i mean tbh some trials are probably just fine but you never know :oops:

Original Poster Banned

numptyj;2297619

they do sound like an easy way to make a bit of cash but tbh do you want … they do sound like an easy way to make a bit of cash but tbh do you want to risk it? i mean tbh some trials are probably just fine but you never know :oops:

Yeh it is a risk i know, my friends have done it many times and have all been perfectly fine. I know different trials will vary etc .... But still havent decided if im gunna do it

does anyone know about the low risk ones?

Original Poster Banned

charlie2;2297668

does anyone know about the low risk ones?

the only low risk ones are shampoo and moisturisers etc.... you get about £60 quid lol

60 quid is good enough for me, just want a few extra penny so i can take my little girl out places.

got any info on that??

Mum2Connor&Cerys;2292966

Yes after the trial mentioned by a few on here thats rather … Yes after the trial mentioned by a few on here thats rather offputting.There is a lot I would do for £2K but drug trials wouldn't be 1 of them.

Agreed:| remember all them people a few years back that died?:|

SteJosh;2297703

Agreed:| remember all them people a few years back that died?:|

PWNED

Original Poster Banned

charlie2;2297696

got any info on that??

i dont have info on that no, they only do it in certain places across the country. People like Boots etc dont test on animals so you will be trying out there new products i assume. Not sure whoyou would ring for info either, ill try find out

thanks hun, :thumbsup: rep added

Danger - What company is that for? Is there any in North east england?

I find it crazy that so many people think its a good idea to be a guinea pig for quick money, especially if you don't understand exactly what you are receiving.

There is no way to tell if there will be any long term effects....even the people prescribing dont know. Going on the premise that most people are ok seems a bit of a risk.

numptyj;2297211

LOL the place where those people got owned in the testing is the hospital … LOL the place where those people got owned in the testing is the hospital near me, northwick park in harrowand its the place where all the new mums keep gettin owned and dying when having there babies!hope i dont need to get admitted there anytime soon!

Northwick Park is my local too - it scares me.....

Nememene;2302719

I find it crazy that so many people think its a good idea to be a guinea … I find it crazy that so many people think its a good idea to be a guinea pig for quick money, especially if you don't understand exactly what you are receiving.There is no way to tell if there will be any long term effects....even the people prescribing dont know. Going on the premise that most people are ok seems a bit of a risk.

im only intersted in doing the shampoo ones, would never take tablets, if i don't know whats in them and the effects. :thumbsup:

I agree the shampoo ones are probably safe enough to do....but I would never in a million years do the drug ones.

However, I didnt manage to persuade my younger brother against it, and he is still alive so far.......

How about letting them do it to the bairn's rabbit for 60 quid? Thats a better deal:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767257
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions